Next Thread
Print Thread
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
#4 Justin Blackmon WR Okla. State
#22 Ruben Randle WR LSU
#37 Ryan Tennehill QB TAM
#68 Isaiah Pead RB CINCY ( if Lamicheal james is there him)
#101 Vontaze Burfict LB ASU
#119 Malik Jackson DE TENN
#132 Andrew Datko OT FSU
#165 Mike Harris CB FSU
#196 Brian Anger P CAL

Granted this is a prelim and it is barring NO trades NO FA signings and NO comp picks I will admin it as more changes occur

I am the artist that was known as Dawgmanincincy
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I know it is early in the process, but at this point I don't see Tannehill, Pead, Burfict, or Datko being available where you have them. And I can't imagine we'd go with our first 2 picks as WR. With both Maynard and Hodges on the team right now, I think Anger would be a wasted pick. Overall not shabby though. Just my opinions.

1st String
OP Offline
1st String
Well my thinking is this.. to Draft or to waste our draft picks on the RG3 fad is a waste.. If we do NOT get weapons for any QB we have on the roster then we will be in the same status and we still are offensively anemic.. so we pretty much HAVE to get offensive weapons with the first 3-4 picks.. I WOULD love to get lamichael James I would LOVE to get trent richardson but If we can get Blackmon with #4 we HAVE to get him.. a WR corp of Justin blackmon, Greg Little and Ruben Randle would scare the crap outta and Secondary then have to look at Peyton Hillis as our FB and Isaiah Pead or Lamicheal james as our RB with Ben watson and evan Moore as our TE is a great scary thought.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I really like your last 4 picks and Tannehill at 37 (dream on though) but dislike pretty much all other (important) picks....WR with our first 2 picks? Really?

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This regime comes from the philosophy of QB being the last piece of the puzzle.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

This regime comes from the philosophy of QB being the last piece of the puzzle.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I mean WR lol

1st String
OP Offline
1st String
Quote:

I really like your last 4 picks and Tannehill at 37 (dream on though) but dislike pretty much all other (important) picks....WR with our first 2 picks? Really?

We can pick 9 QB with all 9 of our picks and we are still at the same place we are in now SUCK.... we have one TRUE WR in our arsenal and that is Greg Little.. Joshua Cribbs while I love him is a Special teamer and a 4th WR at best we have NO running game we have NO WR and we have no offensive.. PERIOD... so yes I say we need 2 WR a RB and maybe a QB if a great one is available but to draft another QB at #2 or #4 and not address is is like putting a bandaid on an amputated leg

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I disagree. Little is solid, and so is Norwood. We have 2 decent receivers, we just need a speedsster to stretch the defense.

1st String
OP Offline
1st String
im not sold on Norwood as of yet and if he proves me wrong GREAT

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Quote:

#22 Ruben Randle WR LSU
#132 Andrew Datko OT FSU
#165 Mike Harris CB FSU
#196 Brian Anger P CAL

Granted this is a prelim and it is barring NO trades NO FA signings and NO comp picks I will admin it as more changes occur

Wouldn't mind the first pick but don't like two WR with the 4 and 22.Or Tannehill at 37 but he won't be there.
Also not crazy about Burfict and his poor showing at the combine.
Just finished watching some highlights of Turbin,RB, Utah st. and wouldn't mind him as a later round pick as some others on here have suggested.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

I disagree. Little is solid, and so is Norwood. We have 2 decent receivers, we just need a speedsster to stretch the defense.

Griffin? I mean, Cribbs was a qb in college.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Quote:

We can pick 9 QB with all 9 of our picks and we are still at the same place we are in now SUCK.... we have one TRUE WR in our arsenal and that is Greg Little.. Joshua Cribbs while I love him is a Special teamer and a 4th WR at best we have NO running game we have NO WR and we have no offensive.. PERIOD... so yes I say we need 2 WR a RB and maybe a QB if a great one is available but to draft another QB at #2 or #4 and not address is is like putting a bandaid on an amputated leg

9 QBs? Dont know where you're going here...

Cribbs is probably the best 4th WR in the entire NFL....while that seems like a backhanded compliment I really consider him very valuable...he has improved as a WR, can spot start outside and as a slot WR and is a top STeamer (4th/5th WR have to play ST) with some gadget play ability on top...it's not his fault he had to play a more prominent role because there weren't better WRs ahead of him...we have a decent #2, #4 and slot WR...we need a no1 and a speed guy to push Norwood and round out the roster

If you draft Blackmon and Randle, who plays slot? None of those or Little are suited for the slot..draft 1 for the outside early and a mid/late round speedster (Hilton, Wright, Broyles, Jenkins, Wylie, K.Moore, Page etc)

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Swap k wright in for randle and Demario Davis for Burfict (or even Bradham) and I'd be happy with that outcome.

Not a big Harris fan but that late in the draft you're not going to get a rookie starter. Maybe if by some stroke of luck that third corner from LSU was still available.

I don't think datko that late is unreasonable. I'd be very happy to target him or adcock with that pick.

Don'tthink we need a punter with Hodges coming back.

Overall, I like your structure... I think we'd get better value taking a DE at 22 and taking that second wideout in the DE spot. Jackson is a good player and you matched him with good value IMO, but I want my RE to be a premeir guy... Mercilus or perry at 22.

I do think your draft here is good, though.

Tannehill at 37:
RGIII to skins
Flynn to Miami
Manning to KC
Jackson or orton or Campbell keep the seat warm for Barkley in Seattle.

Looks like a clean run to 37 for tannehill. Not out of the realm of possibilities.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Don'tthink we need a punter with Hodges coming back.

That is going to be a interesting camp battle.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Blackmon at #4? That wouldn't be my pick, but it does make perfect sense.

A second WR at #22? Nope.

Tannehill in the second? I applaud you because that's where he should go, but he will be gone a full 20 picks before then.

And I think Burfict is gonna last until the 5th or even later.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Legend
Legend
Quote:

#22 Ruben Randle WR LSU
#132 Andrew Datko OT FSU
#165 Mike Harris CB FSU
#196 Brian Anger P CAL

Blackmon maybe.. two WR's in the first, doubtful. By saying Tannnehill in the second, you are saying you think he's going to drop in the draft.. and I think you may be right.. not sure if he drops that far..

Burfict.. lots of character issues,, not sure he's a guy for us.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Dawgman Mock V.1 ( no trades FA or COMPS)

Link Copied to Clipboard