Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#672038 03/15/12 07:43 PM
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
I am watching ESPN live special and they are talking about Mike Wallace and I am intrigued Why Not offer our #22 pick and get him? The squeelers are in Cap space trouble ( restructuring of Rapistburger and Hampton releasing farrior and ward) my question is Does this make sense. he is a proven talent in the league he is talent knowing they have a 1st round restriction on him and they have to match when they are in cap trouble why not make this move?

whats the census say?

I am the artist that was known as Dawgmanincincy
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
They can't do this - it has to be their original pick. They would have to trade #4 to the Steelers

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Haven't see you around. Is that just me or did you just change your name and show up recently??

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
you have seen me and you know me read my signature if it has to be the original pick than it throws this idea out the window..

B
Legend
Legend
B
I know it's you Cincy.....I just hadn't seen the Charlotte change until now.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
TECHNICALLY, can't we actually work out a trade for the player not resulting in what the tag actually says?

I know you can do that with Franchise tags... Which are usually two firsts, but the two teas can work out a deal...

If you could give Pitt the #22 for Mike Wallace? I dunno...

If I'm a team like NE, who also has 2 (high) 1st... I jump at the chance... Especially with Wallace being basically the kind of WR they are missing...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
We can offer them whatever we want, but he's not on the block. The steelers would prefer to keep him from what's been said and written about it. If they end up taking a first for him, it will be a very high pick or a consolation after being unable to match an offer.

C
Legend
Legend
C
If I was the Bengals I would sign Wallace. They have two first round picks and a ton of cap room. They could front-load the deal so the Steelers can't match it. They would then have Mike Wallace and A.J. Green. Why wouldn't they do this?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If I was the Bengals I would sign Wallace. They have two first round picks and a ton of cap room. They could front-load the deal so the Steelers can't match it. They would then have Mike Wallace and A.J. Green. Why wouldn't they do this?

My biggest theory on it is that rookie contracts are much cheaper than vet contracts. While Wallace is more of a sure thing, the Bengals can draft a rookie with their pick (prob 21 or 22?) and have a guy on the cheap for four years.

With the money they save they can get another FA instead of paying Mike Wallace 10 million a year or whatever

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
C
Legend
Legend
C
Isn't Mike Wallace a surer thing than any rookie they can draft? I would take Wallce over Blackmon this year if it were an option.

And even they gave Wallace $20 million this year, they would still have $21 million more to spend on other positions.

I hope they don't sign him because I don't Wallace and Green on the same team. I hope the Patriots (or some other non-AFC North team) comes in a steals Wallce.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Isn't Mike Wallace a surer thing than any rookie they can draft? I would take Wallce over Blackmon this year if it were an option.

And even they gave Wallace $20 million this year, they would still have $21 million more to spend on other positions.

Guess we just disagree. Rarely are franchise and 1st round RFA's rarely ever get selected. As I said, my theory, especially now that rookies are affordable, managers would rather find UFA's for the same money and keep their draft pick.

Although Mike Wallace is probably worth more than any other WR in this FA, the 1st round pick discourages people

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
Quote:

I know it's you Cincy.....I just hadn't seen the Charlotte change until now.

I figured Since I have moved to Charlotte and live here now, it seems more appropriate to change it to Charlotte

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Mike Wallace idea

Link Copied to Clipboard