Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I think there is a 0% chance the Vikings take Blackmon. But if they did, wow, that would give us a whole lot of options.

If the draft goes:

1 - Andrew Luck
2 - Robert Griffin III
3 - Justin Blackmon

The Browns need to set up a call center to handle the volumes of calls that will be coming into Berea.

I can see a number of teams looking to move up to draft any of the following players:

RB - Trent Richardson
OT - Matt Kalil
CB - Morris Claiborne

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

j/c.

I think, and this is just my opinion, that the choice is between Claiborne and Richardson.

If it were between Blackmon and Richardson, I take Richardson 10 times out of 10. I have done a complete 180 on Richardson. There are worse things in life than having a top 5 RB in the NFL for 7 years. Just ask the Chargers.

The question is what if Richardson is gone? Who is your second choice for a RB? After Richardson, how many more RBs will go in the first round?

From Heckert's presser today, it seemed like the Browns would prefer to be picking at #4. He flatly said that the Browns will get one of the players that they really like at #4 and he believes that the first two picks will be QBs, so even if Minnesota takes one of the players that the Browns FO really likes, another player they like will be available to the Browns at #4.

It may all be just fluff for other teams to mull over and to raise the asking price if the Browns field offers while at #4. To publicly proclaim that they can get a player they want at #4, it could increase the asking price for the Browns to move out of the spot if teams call them. The Browns would have to be bought out of the spot because of the chance that they lose out on the player that they really like. Offers would have to make it worth it to the Browns to take that chance.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

"I love Trent Richardson, everything about him," a personnel executive with an NFC team said in March. "Great football player, loves the game. Great kid, very mature, a leader. Physically, he reminds me of George Rogers and I mean the good George Rogers …"

That's high praise considering that Rogers was the No. 1 pick of the 1981 draft, was the 1980 Heisman Trophy winner and later helped the Washington Redskins win Super Bowl XXII.

Of course, all of that was build-up to the eventual, "But …"

"If you're asking me if I'd take him in the top 10 picks, the answer is no. Not the way the game is played today," said the executive, who is also a former NFL player. "It kind of hurts me to say it, but that's just reality. Look around the league: It's not a running back league anymore."

Lol so is it Ozzie or Elway? My guess is Ozzie.

NFC steve

I think that he was very candid and dead walnuts right.

Hurts me too, but you have to see the writing on the wall I think.

Whoever he is I totally agree with him and have stated as much, even in the face of overwhelming opposition it seems around here.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Ah crap I missed the part where it said NFC.

Should make it even easier to figure out, no?

So does everyone think I'm crazy to suggest using our 1st rounders to turn our weakest unit into our strongest unit?

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
I've thought about it but I wouldn't do unless they were the top players on my board....ie don't reach to fill need. We have way to may holes to do that.

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Ah crap I missed the part where it said NFC.

Should make it even easier to figure out, no?

So does everyone think I'm crazy to suggest using our 1st rounders to turn our weakest unit into our strongest unit?

Well I wouldn't say you where crazy and either would be an upgrade, but man we need that OT either at 22 or 37 if we don't have one rated high enough available there at 22.
In that scenario I would think D. Martin at 22 and perhaps a lesser rated OT at 37. But then there is Weeden.

Just never enough picks. Dam it man!

We all know that Heckert and CO. Are not going to publicly throw one of their players [Cousins] under the bus, but I don't have to be so kind. Ugh! I would rather have Pashos or St.Clair back.

Now that's

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 04/19/12 10:12 PM.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I would be in favor of turning any one of our units into a strong one.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Blackmon, Richardson, or trade down

Link Copied to Clipboard