Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Man, TD... is that crack Peter King is selling that good?

Could JAX really take Gilmore ahead of Blackmon and Floyd? And Kirkpatrick? That would be

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hey, I gotta hope for things like this to happen.

Starting Friday, I get to look forward to another 3 win season. Might as well dream big now

N
Legend
Legend
N
why does Miami trade with us for Tannehill? if we aren't taking Tanny, then who are they afraid is going to take him before their pick?

#gmstrong
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

I say we end up trading with Miami back to #8.

Then after the first 7 picks are - Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Tannehill, Caliborne, Cox, Gilmore

We still land Blackmon at #8, and we pick up Miami's 2nd round pick.

So we go ...

8. Justin Blackmon
22. Johnathan Martin
37. Brandon Weeden
42. Janoris Jenkins

I would probably get sick if we went that route. That's two character concern players and one of the most overrated QB prospects in history.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Legend
Legend
Quote:

one of the most overrated QB prospects in history

John McEnroe has something to say to you...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

one of the most overrated QB prospects in history.

I didn't say anything about drafting RGIII

L
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
L
I predict a team will trade up to 3 and take Richardson.
The Browns although enticed by a package exceeding last years from Atlanta stay pat and select Blackmon who is rated either 3A or 3B on their board.

The first four picks will be.
4)Blackmon
22)Martin
37)Weeden
55)Mike Adams OT (Trade 67 and 100 to Falcons)

Last edited by LOYALDAWG; 04/24/12 11:38 AM.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
L
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
L

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
48 hours out, my final top 3 for us.

Richardson
Hill
Massie

Id live OK sith that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I predict a team will trade up to 3 and take Richardson.
The Browns although enticed by a package exceeding last years from Atlanta stay pat and select Blackmon who is rated either 3A or 3B on their board.

The first four picks will be.
4)Blackmon
22)Martin
37)Weeden
55)Mike Adams OT (Trade 67 and 100 to Falcons)

If we pass on a package larger than what Atlanta gave us last year so we can stay pat and take Blackmon, I'll be pissed. Almost as pissed as I would be if we traded up for Adams. I'm a Buckeye through and through, and I want nothing to do with him.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
L
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
L
From Heckert's Press Conference he stated that Blackmon is a top 5 Receiver. Heckert was asked if Richardson impacted the game more than Blackmon, because RBs touch the ball 20-25 times per game and WR not as much?

He acknowledged the fact and idea that RB touches the ball that much but he responds with--they both score a lot of TDs which is what you want most from skill guys but he then says (basically) that any old RB can score TDs but WR are not as interchangeable. He already said that he want's a guy that can score TD's. From this and the known interest that they have in Doug Martin, I believe that Blackmon will be the pick. If getting Adams at 55 in the 3rd round upsets you I believe you would be in a large minority including any GM looking for a Tackle. If you listen to Heckert, they would like to stay at 4 and not trade down again. He said they needed to last year but not so much this year. At some point you have to take a guy that has an opportunity to change the identity of your team and give the offense a boost. There are 2 legit day 1 #1 Receivers in this draft. Hill projects to a #1 based on measurables and upside but is a project. Everyone else is a complimentary or #2. We need a guy like Blackmon to open up the offense for everyone else including Little and whoever is running the ball. If you can't pass the ball in a WCO, you are doomed. That is your bread and butter and if teams can play your receivers straight up with no help and they stuff the box and get pressure on you..they have you by the testes.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Loyal, wasn't knocking you, your opinions or your predictions, they are as plausible as any. Just tossing out my thoughts.

While Blackmon may the top rated WR in this class, I take that as he is the top rated WR in this class, but not necessarily elite. I do consider Richardson elite, as well as Claiborne. I will not be shocked at Blackmon, just disappointed. I am not wishing for a trade down, but if it is a heck of an offer ....

As to Adams ... I just smell a bust. He didn't live up to his potential in college, he shows up to the combine unable to put up even an average number of reps on the bench as well as the traces of grass ... I don't touch him.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
L
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Loyal, wasn't knocking you, your opinions or your predictions, they are as plausible as any. Just tossing out my thoughts.

While Blackmon may the top rated WR in this class, I take that as he is the top rated WR in this class, but not necessarily elite. I do consider Richardson elite, as well as Claiborne. I will not be shocked at Blackmon, just disappointed. I am not wishing for a trade down, but if it is a heck of an offer ....

As to Adams ... I just smell a bust. He didn't live up to his potential in college, he shows up to the combine unable to put up even an average number of reps on the bench as well as the traces of grass ... I don't touch him.

That's cool. I am not a big Adams fan but he is a 2nd round Tackle. He held his own against some good players but that should say that his potential is untapped fully. I don't think he will bust and don't think he will be elite but I think he will be a fine player for a long time..that is why I think if he is sitting at 55 you grab him before Detroit does and would be good value.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
You know.. listening to Heckert's conference from last week. A couple things struck me.

One.. He laughed and said he LIKED some of the rumors about what the Browns were going to do , and he wasn't about to dispell them now. ( I think this is in reference to all the QB taking talk)

Two: He REALLY believes in BPA and yes , he would prefer it be for a need but isn't going to pass up 5 higher rated players to get a position of need. Been there done that and said it was always a mistake.

Do any of you REALLY think Tannehill is rated 4th best talent in this draft ? 22nd ? How bout the 37th best player overall ?

And how about Weeden ?

I think the guys wanting one of these QB's are going to be disappointed unless they really drop to one of our later picks.

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Legend
Legend
Quote:

You know.. listening to Heckert's conference from last week. A couple things struck me.

One.. He laughed and said he LIKED some of the rumors about what the Browns were going to do , and he wasn't about to dispell them now. ( I think this is in reference to all the QB taking talk)

Two: He REALLY believes in BPA and yes , he would prefer it be for a need but isn't going to pass up 5 higher rated players to get a position of need. Been there done that and said it was always a mistake.

Do any of you REALLY think Tannehill is rated 4th best talent in this draft ? 22nd ? How bout the 37th best player overall ?

And how about Weeden ?

I think the guys wanting one of these QB's are going to be disappointed unless they really drop to one of our later picks.

I'd be absolutely SHOCKED if anyone honestly believed that either of those QB's was even a Top 50 talent.
There isn't a chance in hell that either should be having their names tossed around in the Top 5.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

And how about Weeden ?

I'd be absolutely SHOCKED if anyone honestly believed that either of those QB's was even a Top 50 talent.
There isn't a chance in hell that either should be having their names tossed around in the Top 5.

amen!

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
L
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
L
Here it is..I have been saying this for some time now but am etching it in stone. I am not sure of the slotting but think we might have to trade up for Weeden. Could potentially be 3 first round picks.

1.)Blackmon
2.)Martin
3.)Weeden

N
Legend
Legend
N
Doug or Jon?

#gmstrong
L
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
L
Dougie!

N
Legend
Legend
N
thanks. i actually initially assumed you meant Jonathan, so I'm glad I asked.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Draft Day Predictions Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard