Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Watching Joe Kruger (the Ravens' bro) after Hunt and Taylor makes me go nuts.

How on earth can anyone rate guys like Hunt and Taylor so much above Kruger? It's really beyond me...all 3 have similar size. 2 of them are considered great athletes or freaks although they do next to nothing on tape...then you watch Kruger, who is a much better football player.

Kruger is a perfect 3-4 DE we should look to draft on day 3

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
1) Moore
2) Werner
3) Lotulelei
4) Milliner

Whoever is telling u guys that Werner is all 4-3 are really uninformed. FSU had him lose 20 pounds to be able to play Standing Up as an OLB this year and he did it alot. It's the reason he's being touted as a DE/OLB. Kiper's not as ignorant as u might think.

Now beyond the fact Kiper has him going to us at 6, there's a solid reason for it.

It seems many of u guys are disregarding a DE/OLB simply because we are going to a 3-4. A DE/OLB is EXACTLY what we need for Horton's defense. Horton's multiple front defense dictates that we need a pass rusher when in a 4-3 alignment and we're going to see that alot.

The worst possible thing we could do is take a PURE 3-4 OLB that needs to come off the field when we're in a 4-3 alignment. IMO that player is Jones. Followed by Mingo and Jordan.

Moore and Werner are exactly what we need. Joeckel is a LOCK top 5 pick. We need 3 things to happen to have a shot at Moore or Werner.

1) Jones checks out medically and the rumors of him not having solid work ethic debunked to get him into the top 5.

2) A QB to shine and rise up the boards.

3) Milliner goes to Philly or Detroit.

Right now there are 2 top 5 LOCKS.

Joeckel and Lotulelei. Throw Jones and a QB in there and one of Moore or Werner is ours. Throw Milliner in there and we may just see BOTH sitting at 6 for us. That's the Perfect Storm.

Lutolelei? Why is he #3 on my board for us? If Pluto is right and Horton wants Taylor at the Nose, we need a STUD DE. Hopefully he is wrong and we end up with Moore or Werner.

We need to sign 3 FA's for the defense.

1) A decent CB
2) A decent FS
3) ELLERBE ILB

I then dangle D'Qwell Jackson to the highest 4-3 defense bidder because he has been a big part of the problem every time we attempted to run a 3-4 previously. And if he is again an ILB in this defense he will STILL be a problem.

Strengthen our Secondary with 2 FA moves.
Strengthen our ILB's with Ellerbe.
Strengthen our Pass Rush with Moore or Werner.
Our Front 3 is already a strength.

Horton will take this defense to another level with those 4 moves.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
OK. Forget the Jackson idea lol.

Browns ILB D'Qwell Jackson's $3.6 million base salary for 2013 became fully guaranteed when he was kept on the roster as of Thursday.

The Browns could've gotten out of Jackson's deal by releasing him before Thursday, but they're counting on him to be an interior linchpin for their new 3-4 defense under Ray Horton. Although Jackson has struggled in the 3-4 before, his game is not entirely dissimilar from Cardinals ILB Daryl Washington's. Washington emerged as a high-impact player in Horton's scheme with Arizona. Feb 8 - 2:59 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3669/dqwell-jackson

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Lotulelei is NOT a top 5 lock, only Joeckel is right now

I really think when all is said and done there's a good chance that we won't get ANY of Milliner, Moore and even Ansah...those 3 are my top 3 targets for our pick, but for anyone of them to drop we need 3 others out of Geno, Star, Werner and Joeckel to go top 5. Warmack WON'T go top 5, so don't even try that route. I see no other possibilities. Those 7 guys will battle it out for the top 5 spots imho

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
This is for everyone that thinks I'm for having Cooper over Warmack at OG:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/articl...84-16f96540ead7

Chance Warmack, OG (6-2, 322), Alabama

Will not be the most athletic guard in this draft but maybe the one with the most nastiness to his game….old school blocker that comes off the ball with power and strength…is a physical player that can dominate defensive tackles in a small area…gets movement right off the snap…sets square and can handle the depth of the pocket…you do not see him get knocked back at all…can really anchor down when rushers try and take him down the middle…plays with upper and lower body power…not going to be the best for pulling or getting out on screens…is a little bit of a plodder…is not initially quick and will struggle some when he has to deal with a quick defender…had some problems with the LSU rushers…had some trouble on the backside cut off and went to the ground several times in the Missouri game…did a nice job in the Notre Dame game when he had to block back…able to seal the defender without any problems…didn’t see any mental errors or busts…looked smart enough to make adjustments…mental errors inside are killer and he looked fine…plays a position that is not typically drafted high but his toughness is impressive.

Jonathan Cooper, OG (6-3, 310), North Carolina

Cooper is the starter at left guard for the Tar Heels….he is the opposite of Warmack of Alabama when it comes to athletic ability…very easy pull and adjust…plays on his feet…offense calls for plenty of boots and waggles and he is always the one pulling to the outside to get in position…can set and mirror the rusher easily…does a nice job of riding his man past the quarterback on the outside rush…hardly ever see him on the ground…very good knee bend and can anchor down when he has too….not able to always get the push that you would from Warmack but his sustain is outstanding…when he hooks up on the block, he is able to work his hands inside for control…plays a lot of his snaps from a two point stance….would not call him a dominating run blocker but more of a tie up and control with athletic ability….on film you can see him make the line calls and adjustments….feel like offensively you can do more things with his skill set than that of Warmack but he doesn’t play with that nastiness…think you could play this player at center and I don’t believe you could with Warmack.

#gmstrong

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

Lotulelei is NOT a top 5 lock, only Joeckel is right now

I really think when all is said and done there's a good chance that we won't get ANY of Milliner, Moore and even Ansah...those 3 are my top 3 targets for our pick, but for anyone of them to drop we need 3 others out of Geno, Star, Werner and Joeckel to go top 5. Warmack WON'T go top 5, so don't even try that route. I see no other possibilities. Those 7 guys will battle it out for the top 5 spots imho

WRONG on one account. Lotulelei WILL go top 5 and very well may go #1 overall. DT. Do more homework.

CORRECT on one account. Warmack will NOT go top 5. I'll say top SIX cause we won't even consider an OG at 6.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
The wild card in all of this top 5 stuff is going to be Philly.

Strange combination of Kelly and Shurmer. Never will be able to figure that one out. U almost can't get a more backward philosophy going. Kelly's wide open Oregon style, yet should be dumbed down in the NFL. But Shurmer and his WCO?

THEY might be the ones to go Smith. New regime. New QB.

Interesting to see if ANOTHER QB rises up for KC/Jax/Zona.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Your (and My) Browns' Big Board

Link Copied to Clipboard