Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Something that can be overlooked, Blackmon is intelligent and can find holes in defenses. That is HUGE for a WCO WR. If they have good hands and a high IQ they fit.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
See, the biggest issue I have here is where we are drafting. We need both guys, and it ain't gonna happen.

At 4, you can't screw around. IMO you absolutely HAVE to go with BPA at 4. I just don't see Blackmon being higher on the board than TR. So you throw out everything, go with BPA, and take him. Come back at 22, see who is there as far as WR, and take him. We have ammo to move up a few spots if there is someone fall/available.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Legend
Legend
That's fine and I understand.

It's just Blackmon is everything you want from a WCO WR. He's intelligent, has phenomenal body control, great hands, plays very hard, breaks tackles, and doesn't mind running the dirty routes diva WR's don't want to run

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't get me wrong, I like Blackmon. I really do. But like I said, for me it's BPA, and it's Trent. I wouldn't be mad if we go with him. I would be down a bit, but I know he'd come and help right away. But I'd be ecstatic to get Richardson, then a WR at 22. Like pooping myself ecstatic.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
PS, haven't been around hardly at all lately......kinda missed some of this stuff.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

It's just Blackmon is everything you want from a WCO WR. He's intelligent, has phenomenal body control, great hands, plays very hard, breaks tackles, and doesn't mind running the dirty routes diva WR's don't want to run

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

you like Randle and Sanu? it's apparently got to be either or in this thread buddy, pick a side

obviously j/k

I like how you have your 1st round WRs the complete WRs
2nd round WRs the physical trait WRs
3rd round WRs the other highly sought WRs but not quite the physical traits of the above

was that on purpose or just how it played out for you this year?

No I do this every year with all positions.

It coincides with my big board, with all of the positions rated overall.

And obviously you saw some of the reasons why some are higher then others. ie; rounds.

I think that Hill will go higher, but yes I like both Randle and Sanu and see them as complimentary types as I do with the 3rd round prospects.

Hill and Jefferson have a chance to be #1's, but there is a bigger risk taking them higher then the 2nd round imo.

I wouldn't take either in the first round.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

He really is a hard worker in and out of games. There was some rumors going around that this was contrary to his work ethics, but I believed them [rumors] to be incorrect.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I agree on Broyles being a steal in round4. I guess I factored his likely PUP candidacy into his placement on my list.

Childs is very hit or miss but yeah, if he gets back to where he was, another mid-round steal.

Marvin Jones is the other guy for me in the mid-rounds that could be a steal. The measurables of the "top" guys on most boards along with production. Yet, very little is said about him.

I truly believe that we come out of this draft with 2 wr's. Even if we take Blackmon we will take another complimentary guy in the 4th or 5th. If we take a Blackmon or Sanu or Jeffries type of player then I can see them leaning towards a take the top off the defense guy who also has great punt return skills, like a Joe Adams or a TY Hilton.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
A
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
WOOOOOOOOOO! Glad I don't have to worry about Blackmon, someone else's problem.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
N
Legend
Legend
N
likley JAX (is that why they jumped ahead of StL?)

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Case for Blackmon

Link Copied to Clipboard