Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Weeden and Dalton both have red hair, Flacco and Roethlisberger are both brunettes

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Weeden and Dalton both have red hair, Flacco and Roethlisberger are both brunettes

I wish this was the case as to what I think they were referring too. But I kinda take this personally, and I think Bengals fans should too. Big Ben is an awesome QB, but the idea that Dalton (and for us, Weeden), isn't in the same class as Flacco is ridiculous

Time to make that sucka eat his words. I think Weeden will be pretty successful for us. Do I wish we had better targets? Yes, but I think our offense will be more productive with Weeden as our QB and I think he will attract FA WRs.

Besides, good QBs have done it without great players on their offense. And we have a similar offense to one of those. Donavan McNabb did it for years before TO came to town. Running guys like Todd Pinkston, Greg Lewis, Hank Baskett, (Justin Gage?)

T-Money and the Saffron Slinger are gonna do some work. Results will come

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
I have finally gotten around to watching the senior bowl which has been sitting on my DVR... I had just clicked on this thread to remark how weeden was doing well from under center, then he stumbled on step 2 of a five step drop, then flung an INT to Bobby Wagner. Man, I hope that's something he can correct by the time the season rolls around.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Big Ben is an awesome QB, but the idea that Dalton (and for us, Weeden), isn't in the same class as Flacco is ridiculous

He's not, at least not yet anyways. Andy Dalton pooped his pants in the playoffs. Joe Flacco showed some serious sack last post-season, and this is coming from one of his biggest critics. I've said the last few years that he's overrated and his honeymoon has lasted way too long.

Truth be told he shut me up in these playoffs. Can't pin that AFC chip game on him. He's a good quarterback.

Big Ben is elite, he has two rings, and makes a ton of plays by using his feet (still hate him) Joe Flacco is a notch down, he's in that group with Matty Ice and Jay Cutler who are good QB's but have yet to take that next step.

Dalton is a quarterback with some prmoise, but he is going to have that Houston game haunt him for some time.

Weeden? Who knows. We won't have any idea until Philadelphia.

Legend
Legend
Hmm, he sure did lob a duck INT down 10 with 5 min left in the game... (Senior Bowl)

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Brandon Weeden (Part 2)

Link Copied to Clipboard