Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Flap Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Boy, this should add some excitement to the board...

NFL To Make 'Coaches Film' Available To Fans
by Ryan Van Bibber • Jun 15, 2012 1:14 PM EDT

Die hard football fans, the kind of fans that like to dig into the details of the game's Xs and Os may have experienced heart palpitations on Friday morning. The NFL announced, after years of begging and cajoling from fans, that it will make "Coaches Film" available through its Game Rewind feature, which allows fans to watch archived broadcasts of each and every NFL game.

Coaches Film shows the entire field of play, a bird's eye view of all 22 players on the field and what they are doing, or not doing in some cases. Utilizing a number of different camera angles it facilitates a better understanding of what transpires all over field rather than the television broadcast which typically follows possession of the ball.

This is what teams use to breakdown plays, evaluate players and all those other things that get lumped into the term "watching film."

The Coaches Film is included in the premium Game Rewind package, available for a $60 subscription. For many, it will be a small price to pay considered the demand from football fans over the years. It might also prove to be a very lucrative offering from the NFL, as the league wades further and further into the waters of technological innovations to enhance the fan experience.

web page

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Am I allowed to say "Boner" on this board? Because I have one now.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Great. So now we'll have to actually believe the handful of know-it-all posters on this board when they say they've looked at the tape?

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
Legend
Legend
*darnit* I already pay for the nfl sunday ticket max and they want another $60 for this stuff?

Last edited by CleveSteve; 06/15/12 02:09 PM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Great. So now we'll have to actually believe the handful of know-it-all posters on this board when they say they've looked at the tape?

I am so getting this!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

+1

The word I was going to use was "kinky" but "boner" gets the point across just fine

[Linked Image]

When it gets cold and snows and the wind blows, you gotta be able to run the ball. - TR
Legend
Legend
Nerds.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

LOL beat me to it!

Now the guy who calls in on Monday mornings and says he watches coaches tape, might have actually watched coaches tape.

Legend
Legend
Perhaps another reason I need to drop Time Warner so I can get the NFL Network.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm actually kind of conflicted about it.

I am positive that I already spend too much time on the NFL. To have the ability to watch the all-22 for each game. Uh-oh.

If left to my own devices I'd spend an extra 10 hours minimum with this per week.

I don't know. Going to have to think about this honestly.

[Linked Image]
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Perhaps another reason I need to drop Time Warner so I can get the NFL Network.

I assume they mean only the online subscription they offer, right?

are they truly going to make this part of their NFL Rewind program on NFLN, then that would be fantastic.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think you're right. I can purchase the program on my iPad. Makes me wish my daughter was due in the fall instead of on Monday. All those sleepless nights when I'd be up feeding her, I could have the game playing on the iPad.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I think you're right. I can purchase the program on my iPad. Makes me wish my daughter was due in the fall instead of on Monday. All those sleepless nights when I'd be up feeding her, I could have the game playing on the iPad.

so, she'll be around 3mo in the fall? umm, hate to break it to you, but, well, you won't have a problem finding some of those sleepless nights to watch games

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
lol, you're probably right. My son was sleeping most of the way through the night at about 3 mos, so that means she won't be sleeping through the night until she's about 14.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
So after deliberation I decided to order it today. Now that my daughter is 14 months I don't necessarily need to spend 9 hours watching football. By buying this I can spend Sunday as a normal weekend day. Go to the beach, play with my daughter. Golf! Surf whatever.

The big thing that sold me was that games would become available following the Sunday night game. For me that's 5:30pm. I can have dinner with the family then watch the Browns commercial free. If I want to refer back to the all22 on specific plays I can do that too. Add to that being able to watch the 30 minute condensed games for other teams and I can watch the Thursday night games at 5:30pm as well without commercials...

I think it makes a lot of sense and may decrease the time I spend watching football overall. Which would be healthy.

Now I just have to avoid all those Browns fans wanting to chat me up on Sunday afternoons!!!

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

What's there not to believe of someone claiming to have reviewed some tape after watching some YouTube highlight videos?

Legend
Legend

Need I say more

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I do not get the NFL network so I'm assuming that I can get this online? watch it on my computer? Right?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Flap Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I do not get the NFL network so I'm assuming that I can get this online? watch it on my computer? Right?

That's the way i'm reading it.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

That's the way i'm reading it.

Otherwise, it wouldn't make much sense for me to buy into it.

I'd like to see what the coaches see after a game. I'd like to see why things work or fail..

You know how when people say,,, the QB totally missed this guy who was open. Well, now with the ability to see all 22 players on the field, we could tell if someone was actually open.. no need to argue the point., it will be RIGHT THERE.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Flap Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:

no need to argue the point., it will be RIGHT THERE

That's never stopped some folks before.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NFL To Make 'Coaches Film' Available To Fans

Link Copied to Clipboard