Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#715301 08/20/12 12:37 PM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
There was a subject about this a while back but it is since gone.

I had to build a whole new computer just to play it. Been playing it for a few months, pretty much addicted to it. Started out with a Demon Hunter and made it to Inferno only to get pretty much raped the entire time.

Built a Monk and am about 3/4 of the way through act 2 of inferno and it's starting to get extremely difficult.

Anybody beat this game yet? What character did you use and what is your favorite character?

I have played Barb, Demon Hunter and Monk. So far the Monk is by far my favorite. So much fun to play and his skills make him a fairly easy build compared to the ones i've played.

I just can't wait to get to act 3 and 4 so I can start farming rares.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Had a LAN party when it first came out and went through Normal that day. A buddy helped gear me up a bit and basically tore through Nightmare. Hell slowed me down a bit, but we were into Inferno pretty quickly.

With that being said, I haven't played in like a month. Inferno was extremely frustrating. I don't mind hard or difficult games but farming Inferno bites. I did quite a bit of farming in Act 3 and the useful drops were just too infrequent for such a gear based game. $500 or so and farming Act 3/4 would be a breeze.

Patch 1.4 is supposed to help non-RMAH players, but they aren't going to beat GW2's release date.

F
Legend
Legend
F
I had a Demon Hunter, Barbarian and Monk all to Hell, and like Triple said, it gets frustrating, and redoing the same zones over and over again got boring, so I quit playing.

The idea of the same zones, just harder is fine 1 or 2 times, but by the time you've gone through all the acts 3 to 4 times times over 3 or 4 characters it's monotonous.

For a game go gear centric, there's nothing interesting about any of the gear visually. Beyond looking at the stats I don't think I ever noticed appearance wise anything interesting about any of my gear. maybe glowing swords, but most swords had some glow by the time you started getting decent gear, so it lost it's cool factor.

I'm sure when you really get way up there there is some cool looking stuff, but I got bored long before I ever made it there. And I had enough crappy PU groups to realize I wasn't going to party unless I knew the people.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
FloridaFan #715304 08/23/12 09:58 AM
Legend
Legend
Yeah, I'm pretty much with you guys. Played it until the middle acts of Inferno, and got bored with it. Started farming the same stuff over and over again trying to get better gear and realized I've already played this before ... when it was called Diablo 2.

ExclDawg #715305 08/26/12 09:37 AM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
The new patch has made inferno a little easier. They weakened the uniques and champion packs a little bit and strengthened the reg monsters up a bit. Kind of made for a nice level playing field. They also made some needed changes in the auction house which is cool.

They made paragon levels now. After you reach level 60 there are 100 paragon levels you can reach which take your stats up and each paragon level takes your gold and magic find up 3%. Which is sweet.

Also they made legendary weapons a little more unique now which make them actually worth finding now. Like for instance they have a pair of boots that burn the ground you walk on, which is neat because you leave a trail of fire everywhere you walk.

They are definately making the game better through patches.

The thing I mostly dislike about the game is that there is no pvp (which they are working on) because I feel that is what kept Diablo 2's replay-ability so strong for so many years. So hopefully they get that going soon.

I also don't like how they didn't make voice chat a must in this game. Every other game has it why not this one?

All in all I like the game and will continue to play it until I beat it, or at-least until Black Ops 2 comes out for ps3.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Diablo 3

Link Copied to Clipboard