Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
B
Since the other thread is soon to be locked...

The Reds are out of control good and I still don't understand how... Baltimore and Oakland are serious contenders in the AL... the Tribe is a mess and the Pirates are a soul crushing mess... dirty Godless Milwaukee is back in it and Philly is in it despite trying to give up in late July... baseball in Los Angeles spent about a kajillion dollars this season and neither team may make the playoffs - well played, LA.

Should be a fun stretch run!

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
Legend
Legend
In my monthly check of the standings it looks like the NL has it pretty set who they division champs will be, it would take a major collapse for the top three to lose their spots. The AL looks to me much more of a horse race.

#GMSTRONG
N
Legend
Legend
N
division winners are great, but there's a cluster for the wild cards in both leagues.

the Reds are so weird. they couldn't pitch after the allstar break, but were the best hitting team in MLB. now, their hitting has all gone dry, but their pitching out of their minds. i don't know what to fully make of them for October.

my favorite team to watch has been the Braves. Medlen is ridiculous, Prado is my favorite under-rated player, and Chipper is in his last run. Their offense sure can go through some cold spells though.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The late run Philly is on has me nervous. At this point I would rather see LA or even St. Louis make it before the Phils.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cueto is starting to worry me also, this is his 3rd consecutive shaky start.

He's above his career high for innings coming into this start already. 192 this year 185 in 2010.

I hope he's not coming down with the dreaded "dead arm".

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum MLB - September stretch, October approaches...

Link Copied to Clipboard