Rambo Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Tough to see him go out on this note.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...ign=Twitter_atl

Report: Neck injury could end Scott Fujita's career

The career of Cleveland Browns linebacker Scott Fujita is suddenly in jeopardy.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Monday that Fujita has a neck injury that both team and player fear is a career-ending issue.

This is a hugely surprising development for Fujita, who missed this past Sunday's win over the Cincinnati Bengals with what was termed as a shoulder injury. He played in Cleveland's previous four games, registering 14 tackles and a sack.

Fujita's name has been in the news for months as he fought a four-game suspension for his role in the New Orleans Saints' "bounty" program. The ban was recently cut to one game, though Fujita -- who has always proclaimed his innocence of any wrongdoing -- is appealing that suspension as well.

Fujita is in his 11th NFL season. A fifth-round pick of the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2002 draft, Fujita has 767 career tackles and 23.5 sacks. He won a Super Bowl with the Saints in 2009.

Legend
Legend
part of the game... he was being phased out neway.

hope he fully recovers though.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
his contract is done at the end of this season

C
Legend
Legend
C
Stinks for Fujita. Not that big of an impact on the field for us.

He missed 7 games in 2010, 6 games last year, and it looks like 12 this year. He hasn't stayed healthy the whole time he has been with us.

Robertson/Johnson/Maiava should be able to fill in for him.

Fujita was only on the field for clear running downs, of which there are few in the NFL these days.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
He's done. Thanks for what you did when you were healthy.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have enjoyed watching fujita, he hasnt been the same guy over the last 2 years. When it comes to a neck injury, take no chances especially at this stage of his career. Good Luck Fujita, I think he will make a great coach.

AS for the Browns, JMJ and Robertson appear to be the future at OLB. I really think Gocong will have a tough time unseating these youngsters.

Legend
Legend
I'm not a huge Fujita fan, but I do feel bad for him going out like that.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

As for the Browns, JMJ and Robertson appear to be the future at OLB. I really think Gocong will have a tough time unseating these youngsters.

We'll have A.J. Fort out there too.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm not a huge Fujita fan, but I do feel bad for him going out like that.

my thoughts on it exactly... sorry to see him go out like this

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
i hope he recovers and is heathy... but can't play this season

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

As for the Browns, JMJ and Robertson appear to be the future at OLB. I really think Gocong will have a tough time unseating these youngsters.

We'll have A.J. Fort out there too.

he's a MLB

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
That stinks. Wish he'd been cut in training camp so he wouldn't have had this injury. Hate seeing people have head/neck/back injuries. It's psychologically taxing, and can be for the rest of their lives.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Sucks for Fujita. He's only really been effective against the run as of late. At least this gives us more game experience out of this draft class. The only other LB that I hope we replace soon in the original starting lineup is Maiava. From what I've seen in the first 6 games, this year's draft class is really showing us something. We really need this year and last year's class to work out for our defense and step up to replace guys like Fujita and Maiava.

I hope Fujita recover's well and is able to bounce back for some other team.

Legend
Legend
Would like to see him get a chance to play again, whether its here or somewhere else... but his long term health is more important than eeking out another few games on the field. Wish him the best.

yebat' Putin
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Didn't realize he was hurt. I hope he recovers fully (regardless of what it means to his career).

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

Didn't realize he was hurt. I hope he recovers fully (regardless of what it means to his career).

I'll agree with that and what many others have said. His health is the main concern. I think he was a good influence in the locker room and wish him the best.

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
Legend
Legend
Pretty decent career for a 5th round pick 11 years ago.

Time to hang them up Scott.. It isn't worth it for the sake of your health, hang them up.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
This is a sad development for him, and I hate to hear of any player hurt badly, but especially with neck and back injuries. If he is done, thanks for what you gave the Browns. Does this move Fort or Robertson up?
Wishing Fujita the best; good leadership!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I didn't either.
Makes me wonder if there is more to the story (the conspiracy nut that lives inside my head is going crazy right now).

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Rambo #727317 10/24/12 02:05 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Link

Quote:

The Browns have placed linebacker Scott Fujita on injured reserve, ending his season. It is unclear whether this will also end his career.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Link

Quote:

The Browns have placed linebacker Scott Fujita on injured reserve, ending his season. It is unclear whether this will also end his career.

I think this was the last year of his contract anyway, so I'd say he's gone from us anyway.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
C
Legend
Legend
C
Indeed. He didn't really play much for us over the life of the contract.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
All the best. Get well soon.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Link

Quote:

That's good news. A Neck injury is nothing to mess around with .... especially for an older player.

He'd be better off walking away now, able to walk and do everything else he wants to be able to do in his life after football.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

Quote:

Link

Quote:

That's good news. A Neck injury is nothing to mess around with .... especially for an older player.

He'd be better off walking away now, able to walk and do everything else he wants to be able to do in his life after football.

I would for sure. Wish him the best in whatever he does, be it football or something else.

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
Legend
Legend
Absolutely. He seems sharp enough to pursue a different career.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Neck injury could end Scott Fujita's career

Link Copied to Clipboard