Print Thread
#736554 11/28/12 06:14 PM
H
Heldawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
H
So I thought I'd start a thread about Christmas gifts.

If you have any great ideas please share them here. I have a great gift picked out for my brother who has a little kid.

This is too cool.

And I need some advice.

I do not inherently love to run. Nothing like my inherent love of swimming. But to be competitive in triathlons you need to be at least fairly adept at running. To do that I really need to commit to running in 2013. And I'll lose a little weight which I need to.

Anyway my request is this. My wife is willing to buy me whatever would help me with this goal for Christmas.

I own an iPhone 4 so I'd like to use it to track my runs. Does anyone have any advice on apps?

Any other advice that would help get me out the door and running. I live in a perfect climate and I have no excuses. I am weak! Any advice would be helpful.

I am competitive and I feel like if I can log and track my runs I'm going to be more commited to running..

Thanks!

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Hah! That is awesome

Running: MapMyTri/MapMyRun, Garmin Fit (there is an ANT+ capable adapter you can get for the phone).

Aside from that, I'd say to skip the iPhone stuff and get a Garmin 910XT (w/ HR strap). It's the bees knees, for sure!

I *think* I've got my workouts set to be publicly visible.
Here's all the different data you can have at hand for every type of workout: http://connect.garmin.com/dashboard?cid=213351

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I've got the perfect gift for my wife.....a dustpan to match the broom I got her last year.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I've got the perfect gift for my wife.....a dustpan to match the broom I got her last year.

::makes note that jfanet will need new couch covers for where he will be sleeping::

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Quote:

::makes note that jfanet will need new couch covers for where he will be sleeping::

::makes additional note, he'd be lucky if that's all that happened:: (if it were me, he'd be beaten with the broom and dustpan)

[Linked Image from i75.photobucket.com]

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I've got this for a few people throughout the years, and all seem to like. Probably gonna do it again this year, since I've turned a few friends towards Moscow Mules...I get them a bag of everything they need.

Get the copper cup and lime squeezer on amazon. Pick up some ginger beer and limes at the grocery store, and a small bottle of vodka.

Another cool gift for any Browns fan, I'm going to get the Slaughter and Langhorne shirt for my cousin this year.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, no kidding. I mean no new dishcloth or duster? What a louse!

As a side note ...... I want one of those hats!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A shakeweight is always appreciated

I like to troll around a website called www.fab.com - they sometimes have cool interesting things that you might not be able to find elsewhere. My sister and brother-in-law are big animal lovers and have 3 dogs. I got them a couple of throw pillows with silhouettes of dogs on them. The one for her says "It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone" and the silhouette of the dog is wearing a cone. The one for my brother-in-law says "I like bug Mutts and I cannot lie". For the art lover friend of mine I found her this bracelet that has a different Renoir painting as the design on each panel. All at pretty reasonable prices. The thing is, if you like something you need to buy relatively quickly because they are only available for limited time periods (which they show to you). Sometimes days, other times hours. I made the mistake early on of thinking I would come back to buy something and when I did the sale has ended and I missed out. Occasionally items get recycled but this hasn't come back yet. Great for stocking stuffers.

As for running. How about an adult incentive program? If you run so many miles in 3 days or a week you get this or that otherwise you need to save up your energy for the next run. Could be quite fun with a little home grown creativity

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Cool hat... for the kid who has everything and still doesn't look like a rabbi.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

So I thought I'd start a thread about Christmas gifts.

If you have any great ideas please share them here.

Well since you brought it up I have a great Idea. You can buy me season tickets at the 50 yard line right behind the Browns bench.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I saw this cute blond the other day who would make a nice Christmas present for me ......... lol She was a cutie for sure.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
So that was you stalking my wife.

Legend
Legend
Nah, I know better than that. lol That would be a fart blast retaliation from you, and there's no way I could survive that.

This girl as probably 20 or so ...... and she ... looked .... marvelous .....

Legend
Legend
So you were the one stalking my grandaughter

Legend
Legend
I thought she was 18 ...... lol

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Christmas Gift Advice

Link Copied to Clipboard