Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Hawaii's Mike Edwards would love to be taken by the Cleveland Browns in NFL Draft 2013 (video) | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/03/nfl_draft_2013_mike_edwards_ha.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Cornerback Mike Edwards, like many children raised in Cleveland, had dreams of putting on the orange helmet and playing inside of Cleveland Browns Stadium -- now known as FirstEnergy Stadium.

And Edwards may get that opportunity in the upcoming NFL Draft if he's selected by the Browns. Edwards, a graduate of Glenville High School, finished is college career at Hawaii.

He's projected to go as early as the third round in the draft or as late as the fifth.

"I'm from Cleveland, so getting selected by the Browns would be something special," said Edwards, in the latest Talking Shop interview at Dylan's Barber Salon. "Getting your name called to whichever team is a huge compliment, but it would be something special to get your name called going to your hometown team."

At the NFL Combine, Edwards' best time in the 40 was 4.47. He had a vertical jump of 36 inches, jumped 10.4 feet on the board jump, and bench pressed 225 pounds 14 times.

Edwards gets to do it again on March 19 in San Diego at his Pro Day.

"I did well at the Combine, but I'm not happy with my 40 time," Edwards said. "I plan on improving on my time on my Pro Day."

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
He's stronger than Demontre Moore AND runs 4.47 forty. He's clearly good enough to take at #6 overall!!!!!!!

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
C
Legend
Legend
C
Shouldn't I know what position a guy plays after reading an article about him?

Legend
OP Online
Legend
The video on the link goes into it. He's a CB.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

Sure you should. And that is why the very first word in the first paragraph states he is a cornerback.

[color:"white"]I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane -Waylon Jennings
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
He was a nice player. Does nothing really outstanding. Might find a role as a safety. Kinda blah.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

try reading the 3rd word in the article

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
He's aggressive, but he doesn't have the technique or strength to match it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If he wants to play here, take a chance on him, he did pretty good at the combine and we need more than 1 CB ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
Legend
Legend
C
I can't read.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I can't read.

not surprised.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

He's stronger than Demontre Moore AND runs 4.47 forty. He's clearly good enough to take at #6 overall!!!!!!!

Is he a little guy that can hit or is he a big guy that can run?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Or hit AND run? That would cross up a bunch of folks. I am OK with drafting some guys with big hearts for us if it is huge for them. ST help and nickel maybe? Sounds OK but not fabulous. Ought to fit in.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Legend
Legend
T
An article this says this and that; but? Can he play football?

Third round, when you don't have a 2nd is a stupid, ( actually any time is a stupid time) to reach on a guy just because he's local, or... he's tall and quick.
Whatever!

I wanna know if he can play football? And I don't know how anyone proves they can when they play at " Hawaii " .

Because of what they've done with the decision makers, I can't remember a time when I've been less interested in who the Browns take this April.

This player sounds like a 7th round pick and not a difference maker. There are loads of those guys at CB, in Cleveland any given year, so He'll fit right in.
Hooray!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I want to play for the browns too! I'm old and fat and think I could play special teams

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Quote:

I want to play for the browns too! I'm old and fat and think I could play special teams

Oh yeah? I could hold a clipboard with the best of them.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Hawaii gives me the heebie geebies after DV - but I love kids who are from Northern Ohio area whose dream is one day to play for the Browns!

I would love to fill my team with those players. I even think the NFL should have some % of players needing to be from the area of each team. Broad area not like within 100 mi stuff. Just thinking out loud.

Just if its a close grouping of talent I'd take the kid who has a love for the Browns coming in...Just more apt to have that TEAM 110 % effort thing going on.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
I agree... I certainly wouldn't reach for a guy just because he grew up a Browns fan but all else being equal... if you have 2 guys of roughly equal ability available and one of them always wanted to play for the Browns, that might be used as the deciding factor... but like I said, you take talent first.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It's always nice taking players who actually want to be in Cleveland, normally means they play harder and with more passion! I've never seen the kid play but we always need cornerbacks who can play and hit people. If he is there in the 5th or 6th round and we've addressed our other needs I say go for it and draft the kid!

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Hawaii's Edwards Would Love To Be a Browns Pick

Link Copied to Clipboard