Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#761408 03/07/13 06:13 PM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I've been meaning to post this for a little while.

As some of you know, and some may have missed. I switched careers. After 12 years+ in hotel management I made the move to full time Real Estate agent. In 2012 (my first full year), I was awarded the Rookie Realtor of the Year award for my county. Not just my brokerage (I got that too. ) From all the brokerages in the area, This is based on listings and sales some, but more importantly (to me anyways) for my activity in the local board and State association.

I had some dawgs give me some great advice and some pointers in which direction and I wanted to thank them. OldColdDawg, Eve, Damanshot and some others. I appreciate the help you offered and I took your words to heart. It worked well and it's now on to bigger and better goals.

Last edited by keys_bow_wow; 03/07/13 06:15 PM.

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
E
Legend
Legend
E
Huge congrats! That is pretty awesome and quite the accomplishment! Its always so much better doing something you love for a living.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Awesome!! Congrats!!!!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

All Pro
All Pro
Congrats Keys Man that hat the lady is wearing is HUGE!!!

"Its too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence"
Legend
Legend
Congrats bud!

#GMSTRONG
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Congratulations!

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Outstanding young man ,, congrats to you..

You know with the market in Florida starting to turn in a big way, you may end up doing even better in the long term..

One bit of advice,, every commision (settlement) check you get, do two things,,, buy yourself something,, at tie, shoes, a drink, dinner with the special person AND put 40% away for the various income taxes you will need to pay. (of course, that's including your quarterly tax payments)

I tell you this from experience,,, when my wife first started selling Real estate, we didn't understand the tax issues completely. We got nailed for over 9k the first year. Now, the good news was, I made enough money and I also took 0 deductions and single.. So I over paid by 8k.. I only had to come up with 1k to settle out all the taxes.. Lucky us Whew.

DON'T go there. :LOL

Congrats man.. I really mean that.. at some point, you know my wife and I want to move to Florida,,, I am NOT going to any other realtor than you. so at some point, you got a built in sale coming..LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Thanks for the support ya'll. I mean it. I didn't take it lightly changing over. But I love my career and the area. I couldn't have done it without the input from my family, friends and folks who have done it before.

It's been a really wild ride and I am very happy with it. I've recently started my training to get my Broker's license and Instructor certification as well. There are some area's I am really really good at.

I have been chosen to serve on the Board of Directors for my local association and I am chairperson of the Technology committee. I'm serving on the MLS and education committees too.

It's been really busy lately. I don't get to post much, but I read daily to keep up on the goings on.

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
D,

I know that feeling. lol. I got hit with $2k+ last year on my taxes. Big surprise. I'm much better prepared now. I have my own CPA now who helps guide me.

Whenever you're ready you know where to find me. May have to come down for a fishing trip or something to ...uh...look around. hahaha.

KeysDawg

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Aren't you glad that you didn't take my advice?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Congrats!

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Outstanding, Congrats!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Excellent!

Real estate, or really any sales job at all, truly gives you immediate feedback on what kind of job you're doing. If you're doing a good job, you and your family eat. If not, then everyone is hungry and in a bad mood.

I forget who said it .... but it was something like "The harder I work, the luckier I get." That is so very true in sales. Tons of follow up ..... tons of hard work ...... and that really is the only recipe for success.

I do hope that you are using the tried and true method of prospecting with each sale ...... "Who do you know, a friend, relative, neighbor, or maybe even someone you work with, who might, some day, be interested in buying a new home, or selling their current home?" Referrals are the lifeblood of any successful salesperson, and they tend to be a much easier close when the time comes. A perspective home buyer can buy any home from any salesperson ...... so it might as well be you.

I used to send out a small post card to all of my customers about 3 times per year ..... with a small helpful hint about cars in general ..... a reminder to winterize their car ..... and so on. Mostly I just wanted to make sure that they remembered me forever. It was funny, but about once or twice per month, I would have someone walk in with one of my postcards ad tell me "You sold a car to my (relative, friend, neighbor) and they recommended you to me." In some crappier months, those couple of sales were the difference between eating or not. (like after 9-11 in particular)

Anyway, it sounds like you're doing just fine anyway ... and should be very proud of your hard work. Great job, and congratulations!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

D,

I know that feeling. lol. I got hit with $2k+ last year on my taxes. Big surprise. I'm much better prepared now. I have my own CPA now who helps guide me.

Whenever you're ready you know where to find me. May have to come down for a fishing trip or something to ...uh...look around. hahaha.

You are who I'll call man......

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A
Good work Keys!

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Congrats! Sounds like plenty of hard work & dedication was involved...

Who's the handsome fellow holding your award!

Legend
Legend
Individual rewards mean nothing ... now go out there and get a Championship.

j/k man, congrats!

F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

Individual rewards mean nothing ... now go out there and get a Championship.

j/k man, congrats!

Mr. Hubble says trophies are for people with self esteem issues.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Looks like hard work and dedication to your craft paid off! Congrats.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Rookie of the Year!

Link Copied to Clipboard