Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
2nd String
OP Offline
2nd String
Trent Richardson, Ozzie Newsome representing Browns in voting for Madden video game cover
By Nate Ulrich Published: March 11, 2013
http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-brow...-cover-1.380407

In honor of the Madden NFL video game’s 25th anniversary, Electronic Arts Inc. and ESPN have put a twist on the cover vote this year.

The online voting will feature two brackets, one comprised of 32 new-school NFL stars and another of 32 old-school legends. The players were unveiled today. The winners of each bracket will face off in the finals for the right to appear on the cover.

In the new-school bracket, the Browns are represented by running back Trent Richardson. He’s a seventh seed, and his first-round matchup is against 10th-seeded Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews, who is, of course, the son of a Browns great.

In the old-school legends bracket, the Browns are represented by Hall of Fame tight end Ozzie Newsome, who’s now the general manager and executive vice president of the Baltimore Ravens. He’s seeded 13th and matched up in the first round against former Arizona Cardinals and St. Louis Rams quarterback Kurt Warner, a No. 4 seed.

Fans can click here to vote. The weekly results will be announced on ESPN2’s SportsNation every Wednesday at 4 p.m. The winner will be revealed April 24.

Two years ago, former Browns running back Peyton Hillis won the vote and became the Madden cover boy. He went on to have a season plagued by injury and controversy before signing with the Kansas City Chiefs. Hillis conceded his misfortune made him a believer of the dreaded "Madden curse."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm a believer in the curse, please vote away for the reps of our division foes.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'm a believer in the curse, please vote away for the reps of our division foes.

I don't really believe, but I sure do like to cover my bases in case I'm wrong. Because of that, I say..........

Vote against Browns players every time!

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

In that case, then perhaps we SHOULD vote for Ozzie.....

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

EXACTLY what I was thinking!

C
Legend
Legend
C
I think Trent Richardson would make an excellent CIA agent.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

EXACTLY what I was thinking!

Me too! I don't want him to get hurt, but maybe he could just get a real foggy brain during the draft and just mess it all up, get fired and then we pick him up when the curse wears off!

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
2nd String
OP Offline
2nd String
I was thinking the same thing and Ozzie got my vote

S
Legend
Legend
S
Calvin Johnson LOLs at the "curse".

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

it stopped him a few yards short of his goal

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
I am not even going to vote. Call it curse or whatever, but I don't want nothing todo with it.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

it stopped him a few yards short of his goal

Huh?

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Sounds good! Get a Brown on the cover and hopefully curse the Rats...

<><

#gmstrong
1st String
1st String
Browns should learn their lesson never to vote a player on their cover. Just ask Peyton Hillis, look at how he turned out in the end after he was voted on the cover! A nutcase!

June Summertime 2024!
2nd String
OP Offline
2nd String
I actually like the way it will be voted on, don't remember brackets before. Previously, didn't they simply compile the list and you vote for a favorite?

S
Legend
Legend
S
I want to make a Phil Dawson cover for my game. It'll be like one of those legendary covers.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I actually like the way it will be voted on, don't remember brackets before. Previously, didn't they simply compile the list and you vote for a favorite?

No it was brackets the year Hillis won.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Browns in voting for Madden video game cover

Link Copied to Clipboard