Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Washington tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins has been indefinitely suspended pending an investigation into his arrest for driving under the influence resulting from a one-car accident Saturday night in north Seattle.

UW coach Steve Sarkisian made the announcement after Washington's practice Tuesday night, its first since the incident.

Sarkisian said Seferian-Jenkins is suspended from all team activities. He said Seferian-Jenkins' status will be evaluated again after the investigation.

Sarkisian said when the investigation is completed "we will make the decisions necessary based on our team rules and our school's policies that are fair to him and fair to us, and we will move forward and we will support him."

That leaves it unclear whether Seferian-Jenkins, a junior who has been regarded as a potential All-American in 2013, will miss any games. UW opens its season Aug. 31 against Boise State.

UW's official student-athlete code of conduct states in part: "When a student-athlete has been arrested or charged with a violation of criminal law, the student-athlete will be placed on administrative suspension from all team activities pending further investigation. If the alleged criminal activity would constitute a misdemeanor offense, the head coach may lift the administrative suspension after obtaining the approval of the sport administrator. If the alleged criminal activity would constitute a felony, the administrative suspension may be lifted only upon authorization of the Director of Athletics."

Sarkisian said of Seferian-Jenkins that "it is disappointing and we miss him. ... Austin is a good kid. He made some mistakes but we will continue to support him."

Seferian-Jenkins suffered what the police report termed a "bloody nose" and was placed on a backboard and in a neck collar and transported to Harborview Medical Center, where he was treated and released.

However, Sarkisian said any possible injuries are not a factor in his absence from the team, saying it is purely a suspension.

The investigation into the incident could take at least several weeks. UW concludes its spring practices with its annual spring game on April 20.

Sarkisian said the incident has been tough on him as a coach, saying that Seferian-Jenkins, a graduate of Gig Harbor High, "is as close to me as any one of these guys, and that's the part that hurts when you see one of your kids make a mistake, just as if it was one of your own, it stings because you look at yourself and ask, 'Could I have done more? Could I have helped them any more? Could I have helped them make better decisions?' So that part makes it difficult. But I do know Austin is in the right frame of mind that he is going to learn from this and he will be better for it in the end, and I think our entire football team will, as well."

UW has three other scholarship tight ends on the roster in juniors Michael Hartvigson and Evan Hudson and sophomore Josh Perkins. David Ajamu of Shelton also will arrive in the fall.

http://seattletimes.com/html/huskyfootball/2020543521_huskyfootball13.html

I figured this might be news worthy considering our need for a TE and his insane talent. If he expects to miss to much of the 2013 season and decides instead it is best to enter the Supp draft he could be a steal.

How awesome would it be if we could steal 2 Top 15 talents with 2nd round picks in back to back drafts?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
He's not eligible for the sup.

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Wait so does the article mean he's a junior already or he's going to be a junior?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I read a previous article that clarified the draft status a couple days ago.

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
If you have the link please share it with me

C
Legend
Legend
C
He will be a true junior in the upcoming college football season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

He will be a true junior in the upcoming college football season.

Correct.

ASJ is an absolute freak. I expect him to be a top-10 pick next year, even with this incident.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Nice sig.

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Austin Seferian-Jenkins suspended indefinitely

Link Copied to Clipboard