Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

He called Donovan and Dieken "the worst" play by play announcers? Wow.

I don't care either way for Dieken, he's your atypical radio color football guy, although he is much more toned down then some of these other cheerleaders who act like asses in the booth...

But I think Donovan really grew into that job. There is a genuine passion for the team too. He's also a pretty inspiring story for a lot of people.

I was never a big Triv guy when I lived in Cleveland, I think he says some things that make a ton of sense, he says some things that set the world back 200 years, and at times, he says things that make it seem like he's 100% trolling.

But man, talk about your all time case of sour grapes. He knows he's big money at that station, and he knows a big chunk of that money just walked out of the building.

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Quote:

Quote:

He called Donovan and Dieken "the worst" play by play announcers? Wow.

I don't care either way for Dieken, he's your atypical radio color football guy, although he is much more toned down then some of these other cheerleaders who act like asses in the booth...

Case in point, Dave Lapham on the Bungles radio network. He fits your description to a tee. He sounds like a high school announcer.

"My opinions and feelings are mine and shall not be influenced by anyone....especially liberals."
Legend
Legend
I actually like Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Me too.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I cant post it because even if I post the censored version I will probably get banned for masked profanity but go on You Tube and search "Jim Donovan Pranked" there was a prank caller to Browns Red Zone who asked Jim if Jim had the biggest male reproductive organ(not those words) on the panel. The Panel was Donovan, Dieken, and Grossi. They tried to go on with the show, and they just couldn't hold it together and had to take a commercial break.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

I actually like Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken.

I wouldn't want anyone else calling it other than those two. Especially Jim!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
That was hilarious. It gave Tony Grossi a giggle fit.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
I can't stop laughing.....

FYI.... NSFW.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

The funniest part was the stone face Grossi tried to have right after it was said, and you could just see him trying so hard to hold it together and he just couldn't because Dieken was just losing it.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

The funniest part was the stone face Grossi tried to have right after it was said, and you could just see him trying so hard to hold it together and he just couldn't because Dieken was just losing it.

KING

That..or the close up of Donovan absolutely losing it. I've never seen him like that.

Or Dieken trying to answer the final question and just couldn't keep a straight face. All of them added to the video, which made it sooo funny.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
the thing is ,I was wanting to listen to see how Triv and co would react and it was just as I suspected, he just trashed everything , and then played a interview he had with Lombardi, how he told him he didn't like him..I didn't get to hear all of it.

Perhaps that also rested in the minds of the Browns PR staff.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I heard a little of this too. He brought Andre Knott on as well and both just bashed the other stations. Actually, they sounded like whiners more than anything. Bitter until the end.

Personally, I am not a fan of Triv, and think Knott never said anything bad about the Browns- which oddly enough said was going to happen with the other stations signing as partners with the Browns, that they would be kissing butt the whole time. I thought Andre Knott did that ALL THE TIME. Ironic, I guess.

Just a couple of bitter guys that won't have the access they once did. But then again, Triv never Õad access to begin with. But when you have two stations that do nothing but talk sports, like WKNR and 92.3 The Fan, that gives them the advantage. Who even talked sports on that radio anyways (WTAM)? I thought they only did pregame, post game, and the games itself. Nothing during the day about Cleveland Sports....maybe that was a contributing factor as well.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So what will they do now?
I know all about their contacts and what they did for the draft etc..

Legend
Legend
Triv has become such a joke on the sports side of things that he has tried to be a "more well rounded host", discussing social issues and such in addition to expressing his rather modest sports knowledge.

I admit that I really haven't listened to him in quite some time because he had become a bore, obnoxious, and far too convinced of his own sense of self importance.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Yo, 'Peen:
It really was like magic, back in the day... wasn't it?

In a way, It kinda saved me. (... I was such an inquisitive little kid)

When I was 10, I got a Crystal Radio Kit (do you remember those?) as a Christmas gift from "Santa." It was the last gift He ever gave me.

When Pops & I assembled it together, , we took a 'time-out,' after the box was opened.

I'll re-create as best as I remember it:

Pops took a minute, and said something like this:

"Bobby- this is Santa's last gift to you... he's giving you The World. He'll always be around... but he needs to spend his time with all the little kids who are younger than you. He asked me to help you with this last gift, so that I could help you to know about the gift he's giving you. Some day, you'll understand. He also asked me to answer any questions that might come up, because we always stay in touch..."

Pops was "smooth," yo- He found a way to transition me from "momma's Boy" to "adolescent," when My Moms finally "didn't have all the answers." The Transition was almost seamless... Momz had me from baby 'til 9 or 10... Pops had me after that.

Dawg: we wired up that AM crystal radio kit- and I left Santa in the dust! The antenna extended 60+ ft.- from my bedroom window to the city lightpost at the edge of our property. That 60+ feet of un-insulated wire formed the basis of my understanding of The World. I lost many hours of sleep after Pops & Me assembled that kit- but in balance- I gained The World.

It EXPLODED.... and I was listening to Tallahassee, Ottawa, ONT, Detroit, Chicago. (and when the weather was 'just right'), St. Louis, L.A. and Brisbane, Australia. (!!!)

My first portable AM/FM Transistor Radio was only half-used... until I got to High School, and discovered "The Redbeard Show" on WFIN- from Findlay, OH. Shortly thereafter, I acquired my first AM/FM stereo receiver (complete with dual L-R speakers... and I went FM, all the way.

(My late-adolescent "alternative musical tastes" were formed by the great radio jock: "Redbeard".... via his syndicated late-night show on WFIN (out of the U of Findlay, back in the late- 70's-)

Thanks, 'Peen: for taking me back to my adolescence... and the wonders of first experiencing he World Beyond My House... I'd almost forgotten that.

At this point, I believe that I don't own a single 21st C. device that picks up an AM signal.... I'll have to remedy that situation, post-haste.

It would be quite nice to surf the (analogue) airwaves this Summer... and find "Old Friends & New Prospects.... as my hair grows grayer.

"Getting Grayer" doesn't necessarily mean "getting older." Or- maybe it just means this:

"That which you did when you were young, will now keep you you young.... now that you're perceived as 'old'..."

Maybe- just maybe... I'll drive that 3.5 miles to our nearest Hobby Lobby.... and drop a dime on the newest "Crystal Radio Kit"- just for or "old-time's" sake...

...or maybe, I'll jump into ham radio, as a "brand new" new adventure....

'Peen... you've made an "olde-tymer" feel young again tonight... and that's a gift, My Dawg.

I thank you.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Cool story, Clem. My fondest memories of AM radio were with Ernie Harwell calling Tiger games. "He stood there like the house by the side of the road".

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Harwell...

Dude had a voice I'll never forget...

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Quote:

Triv has become such a joke on the sports side of things that he has tried to be a "more well rounded host", discussing social issues and such in addition to expressing his rather modest sports knowledge.

I admit that I really haven't listened to him in quite some time because he had become a bore, obnoxious, and far too convinced of his own sense of self importance.

IMO he thinks he's THE VOICE of Cleveland. I can't wait for that one person to put him in his place.

Last edited by Molly Hatchet Dawg; 04/07/13 05:09 PM.

"My opinions and feelings are mine and shall not be influenced by anyone....especially liberals."
All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Dave Lapham on the Bungles radio network

LOL I was gonna bring this chuclehead up ...Makes ol Diek sound like a Rhodes Scholar If any of you have never heard Lapham give him a listen for about one drive and your perspective will change dramatically

"Its too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Quote:

LOL I was gonna bring this chuclehead up ...Makes ol Diek sound like a Rhodes Scholar If any of you have never heard Lapham give him a listen for about one drive and your perspective will change dramatically

He's horrible.

Tackles are tackles.
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Quote:

Quote:

He sounds like a high school radio announcer. That guy has an orgasm if a field goal is made. I'll say this, Dieken isn't much of a color announcer but I would take him over Lapham any day of the week.

Last edited by Molly Hatchet Dawg; 04/07/13 07:32 PM.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

KING

That..or the close up of Donovan absolutely losing it. I've never seen him like that.

Or Dieken trying to answer the final question and just couldn't keep a straight face. All of them

added to the video, which made it sooo funny.

That was hysterical. Laughed tilI I fell off my chair.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
J/C

Can we replace Dieken with Bill Walton?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cleveland Browns will have new radio homes for next season

Link Copied to Clipboard