Next Thread
Print Thread
#770120 03/29/13 01:27 PM
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I don't know who we will trade down with but if Milliner is gone I really see us trading down, maybe with the Rams or Vikings, who both hold 2 1st rd. picks or whoever ... but I feel moreso now than before that if we trade down we are targeting Tyler Eifert TE from ND ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

This is why I hate the purple font, it would have just ruined a terrific post

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2013 NFL Draft trade talk: Dolphins, Vikings, 49ers to move up?

By Daniel Jeremiah
Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network

The 2012 NFL Draft saw a whirlwind of trades take place in the first round. As we get closer to the 2013 event, it's only natural to wonder who will be wheeling and dealing this time around.

Win a chance to announce a pick live at the 2013 NFL Draft. Enter now!

The 2013 NFL Draft lacks star power at the top of the board, but it boasts fantastic depth. Thus, several teams -- starting with the Kansas City Chiefs at No. 1 -- would love to move down and stockpile picks. The only problem is finding a trade partner, as teams only want to make a move when there's a prospect they want and can't pass up.

Based on what I know and what I'm hearing, I took a quick stab at identifying three teams that could trade down and three teams that could trade up, along with a group of prospects who could spur movement.
Moving out

Philadelphia Eagles: Philly already addressed several of its needs in the offseason. The Eagles added experienced starters to all three levels of their defense via free agency. The offensive line should be drastically improved, as long as key players like Jason Peters and Jason Kelce return to form following injuries in 2012. There is still a question mark at quarterback, but there isn't a glaring weakness at another position that could only be addressed with the fourth overall pick in the draft. The Eagles could easily slide down a few slots and still get an impact player who fits into their new defensive scheme.
Jeremiah: Mock Draft 4.0
Daniel Jeremiah provides his latest first-round projection. Two prospects on the rise: Dion Jordan and Tavon Austin. More ...

Cleveland Browns: The Browns entered the offseason with a glaring need at outside linebacker and proceeded to nab free-agent upgrades Paul Kruger and Quentin Groves. They still have a major need at cornerback, but defensive back is shaping up to be a very deep position in this draft. If the Browns are in love with Alabama CB Dee Milliner, they likely will stand pat at No. 6 with him in mind. However, if they don't view Milliner as an "elite" cover corner -- or if he's no longer on the board when the Browns' turn comes up -- it would make a lot of sense for them to bail and make an effort to recoup the second-round pick they forfeited when they selected Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft this past summer.

New England Patriots: The Patriots are no strangers to trading down in the draft; they have mastered the art of accumulating extra picks while still staying within range of their targeted players. This is a unique situation for Bill Belichick's squad. The Pats currently possess just five picks in this draft. I would be very surprised if they didn't add to that total by dropping down a few spots in either the first (where they have the No. 29 overall pick) or second (No. 59) round.
Moving up

Miami Dolphins: Miami has been one of the most aggressive teams during the offseason. Clearly, the main focus is upgrading the talent around young quarterback Ryan Tannehill. The Dolphins brought in Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson and Dustin Keller. However, they failed to re-sign Jake Long, their starting left tackle. There are three top-tier LT prospects in this draft: Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson. I don't see any of the three dropping to the Dolphins at No. 12. They could, though, target Fisher with the Eagles' No. 4 pick, or possibly Johnson with the Browns' No. 6 selection. They have plenty of extra picks to make a move happen.
NFL Bracketology

Vote for the greatest play in NFL history:
NFL.com has picked the 64 best plays ever, and over the next three weeks we are asking fans to cast their votes for the best. Vote now!

Minnesota Vikings: The Vikings are coming off of a season in which their passing attack ranked 31st in the NFL. They can't rely on Adrian Peterson to shoulder the entire offensive load for a second straight season. During the offseason so far, they've lost one major weapon (trading Percy Harvin to the Seattle Seahawks) and picked one up (signing Greg Jennings). They still have a pressing need at the receiver position. All signs point toward the St. Louis Rams selecting a receiver with one of their two first-round selections (Nos. 16 and 22). The Vikings also have two first-round selections (Nos. 23 and 25), but they will have to wait in line behind St. Louis. I could see the Vikings seeking to move just ahead of the Rams to secure their top pass-catching target in the draft.

San Francisco 49ers: The 49ers are right on the doorstep of winning a championship. Despite some key losses in free agency, they still possess one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. And they have an astounding 14 selections in the upcoming draft. There is no way 14 rookies will be able to make this roster. It makes sense for general manager Trent Baalke and Co. to either trade a few of this year's picks for future selections or aggressively package some picks and move up for an impact player. After the Niners lost two starting defensive linemen in free agency (Ricky Jean Francois and Isaac Sopoaga), it shouldn't be out of the question that they would make an aggressive move into the top 15 if a player like Star Lotulelei slides.
Marked men

Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson, offensive tackles: All signs point toward the Chiefs selecting Joeckel with the first overall selection. If that does indeed happen, Fisher and Johnson will be the only surefire Day 1 starting left tackles remaining on the board. Teams like Arizona (No. 7 overall pick), San Diego (11) and Miami (12) have a desperate need at the position and could look to move up for one of these two players.

Tavon Austin, wide receiver: No player in this draft has helped himself more during the postseason. Austin blazed a 4.34-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine and followed that up with a sensational field workout in Indy. He then wowed NFL evaluators with his pro day performance. He is the most dynamic offensive weapon in this draft. He has secured first-round status and could be a trade-up target for several teams picking from the middle to the bottom of Round 1.

Dee Milliner, cornerback: Milliner might not be in the same class as some of the elite cornerbacks we've seen enter the draft over the past few years, but he's widely considered to be the best cover man in this year's crop. With the NFL continuing to lean heavily on the passing game, a player like Milliner could garner interest from many teams looking to move up and acquire his services.

Sheldon Richardson and Star Lotulelei, defensive tackles: This draft is loaded at defensive tackle. Usually, quality depth at a certain position limits the potential trade-up scenarios, but these two players could alter that thinking. Richardson is an ideal 3-technique for a team that runs the 4-3 defense; Lotulelei is an ideal 5-technique for a team that employs the 3-4. If either player were to slide, teams with a need at either of those spots could be compelled to make a move up the board. web page

Figured I would help your thread out and there are a lot of 49er/Browns rumblings going on.

Last edited by Mourgrym; 03/29/13 02:47 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Boy mourg, you really want us to read that article don't you?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
lol I screwed up trying to edit it.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I really think Ziggy Ansah can put our D on the map n be an elite stud to build our 3-4 D around. If gone...Jordan...or I'd love us to trade back 2-3 times picking up a late first rounder n 2-3 2nd rounders and more. CB/FS...whatever is needed with some decent talent.

JMHdraft thought

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

Boy mourg, you really want us to read that article don't you?

If we move down with Rhodes in mind, we better not go below the Jets (Revis Trade?) or Tampa.

If we do go down below 15 or so, you gotta think Eifert comes into play. Possibly Vaccaro or Trufant.

I'm all over moving down for a 2nd rounder and hitting the 4 spots we've missed in FA so far. With or without signing Grimes.

Rhodes CB
Reid FS
Kelce TE
Best Available OG
Dysert QB (Get rid of McCoy and Lewis. Groom Dysert for 2 years)

Legend
Legend
I'd love to trade down with Miami for a 2nd rounder.

1. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

2. Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky

3. Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno State

4. Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State

5. Ty Powell, OLB, Harding

5. William Gholston, DE, Michigan State

6. Jeff Locke, P, UCLA

7. Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State

C
Legend
Legend
C
Locke was great for UCLA on kickoffs. Pretty much every kick went out of the back of the endzone.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Locke was great for UCLA on kickoffs. Pretty much every kick went out of the back of the endzone.

He'd be a nice insurance policy to have in an emergency!

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I won't try to predict a trade-down scenario. We were all doing it on the other board the year of Julio Jones, and the most laughable, unbelievable scenario was a report about us getting a huge load from Atlanta for #6. then, it happened precisely as predicted.

If we can find a trade partner, I hope we can get at least a 2nd rounder this year or go long-term and snag a future 1st/2nd.

Legend
Legend
Scenario.

Sorry, I had to do it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I would absolutely love being able to trade down with the Rams or Vikings and either grab both of their 1st round picks, or at least swap and pickup a 2nd round pick from them in the process seeing as we still have three major holes needing filled (Corner, Free Safety and Guard).

Let's say we trade down to #16 with the Rams and get their 2nd round pick in the process...

#16 - Xavider Rhodes CB/Florida State --OR-- Jarvis Jones OLB/Georgia. There is a chance Jones could drop out of the top 10 after his pro day. I still wouldn't mind another pass rusher.

2nd Round - Larry Warford OG/Kentucky - We need a starting caliber guard REALLY bad and it hasn't been addressed yet.

3rd Round - D.J. Swearinger FS/South Carolina

4th Round - If we went with a pass rusher in round 1 than we pick up the best available cornerback, maybe Tyrann Matheiu (Spelling?) the CB formerly of LSU.

If we do stay put at #6 and Millner is not on the board, I either want Ziggy Ansah or Dion Jordan. We build a Pittsburgh and Baltimore style defense by being loaded with pass rushers!

Last edited by MrKelso; 04/02/13 12:35 PM.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Legend
Legend
I'll predict a trade down with the Chargers. They'll take Lane Johnson or Eric Fisher (whichever isn't gone). We'll slide down to take Xavier Rhodes before the Dolphins can take him.

For the trade, we'll pick up their 2nd rounder (45). And I'm sure we'll toss them a 5th or something to help even it out.

We'll see.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Palm Beach Post "keep(s) hearing" the Dolphins will target Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson with their first pick, but that landing him would require trading up.

With three top-54 picks and five in the first 82, Miami has more than enough ammo to make a move. The Fins have hinted at big draft plans, and we'd expect GM Jeff Ireland to aggressively explore trades. Johnson could go as high as No. 5 to the Lions, so Ireland would have to put together a serious package. Ireland seems to be GMing for his job this offseason, so anything is possible.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) My Trade Down Senerio!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard