Next Thread
Print Thread
#772724 04/05/13 04:19 AM
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
I would like to request a moderator to verify, publicly, that PDR has never sent me a PM.

Is this verifiable if PMs have been deleted?

If not, is it verifiable that I have NEVER deleted a received PM, meaning that the visible list is accurate?

Also, I once received a temporary ban for calling someone stupid. It may have been PDR. Long time ago. He has repeatedly called me insane, mentally incompetent, and so forth in a current thread.

I don't want him banned, I'm not thru with him yet. I just want to know the rules, if "stupid" is not OK but "insane" is, then I would like a more complete list of what is acceptable and what is not. Or does somebody have to register an actual complaint? If so, I am NOT making a complaint, just need some clarification.

I have called him a liar, which is accurate. Would like the PM info for verification. He has stated he has sent me several.

Nelson37 #772725 04/05/13 05:07 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just my .02 I am sure a ref can verify if I am wrong.

But I am almost sure they can access your PM info, but will only do so if absolutely needed.

I know, there is a difference between calling someone stupid , and saying you are acting, or being stupid.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Nelson37 #772726 04/05/13 08:37 AM
1st String
1st String
I will address this later as I have to head out the door to get to work right now, but I'm reasonably certain that there is nothing wrong with the PM system.
If one was sent, then you received it.

I'll look deeper into this later this morning.

As for the name calling - context matters. If he said you are insane, that is one thing and frowned upon. If he asks a question (rhetorical or not) of "are you insane?", that is different and perfectly fine.

N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
I am not stating there is something wrong with the PM system.

I am stating PDR says he has sent me several, inquiring about my mental health, yadda, yadda. He has never sent me a PM of any kind, at least I have never received one. If that is a singular defect in the system, I don't want it fixed.

Assuming there is no defect, I would like this publicly verified from a trusted source, if this can be done.

If not, and perhaps either way, I am about to stretch the bounds of context.

Edit : if moderator verification is unavailable, is there some way a third party with my login could verify if a particular PM has been deleted, or that no PMs have ever been deleted, on my account?

I'll assume that if I call someone a lying sack of snake crap, and I can prove it, that this is acceptable?

Last edited by Nelson37; 04/05/13 09:48 AM.
Nelson37 #772728 04/05/13 10:17 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Should be pretty easy for PDR to take a screen shot of his outgoing PMs and post it if he wants to prove he sent you one.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The part of PMs that still isn't working for me is email notification. I have it set, but I never get the email. I do, however, still receive the PM.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Nelson37 #772730 04/05/13 10:46 AM
1st String
1st String
Quote:

I am not stating there is something wrong with the PM system.

I am stating PDR says he has sent me several, inquiring about my mental health, yadda, yadda. He has never sent me a PM of any kind, at least I have never received one. If that is a singular defect in the system, I don't want it fixed.

Assuming there is no defect, I would like this publicly verified from a trusted source, if this can be done.

If not, and perhaps either way, I am about to stretch the bounds of context.

Edit : if moderator verification is unavailable, is there some way a third party with my login could verify if a particular PM has been deleted, or that no PMs have ever been deleted, on my account?

So, in other words, you're really just interested in drawing attention to the ongoing diatribe between the two of you that everyone else on the board has taken to ignoring?
Since getting attention is your goal, then I'm not going to bother looking into this. It's a waste of my time.

Quote:

I'll assume that if I call someone a lying sack of snake crap, and I can prove it, that this is acceptable?

No, not even remotely acceptable. I suggest coming back at his claims of sending a PM with a credible retort such as "Nuh uh!".

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum Verifying Pm's

Link Copied to Clipboard