Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Never ceases to amaze me just how stupid parents are.......Some adults for that matter.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Flong_island&id=9073039

HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. -- Police say a Long Island woman has been arrested on charges she encouraged her teenagers to shoot the windows out of parked cars with a BB gun as she drove.

Forty-three-year-old Susan Becker of East Northport was arrested Friday in Hauppauge.
Suffolk County police say Becker bought a BB gun and gave it to her children. They say Becker's 15-year-old daughter, her 13-year-old son and another teenage boy fired the BB gun as she drove.
Police are investigating more than 60 reports of damage to car windows in the Islandia, Hauppauge and Commack areas over the past two weeks.
Becker was scheduled to be arraigned Saturday on charges including criminal mischief and endangering the welfare of a child.
Information on an attorney for Becker was not immediately available.

Legend
Legend
responsible parenting at it's finest...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
They should make her and her sons work to pay for the costs associated with every window damaged in the city over the past month.

This is the kind of crime that we should bring back hard labor for. She probably won't be able to pay for all of the damage she and her sons did ...... so she'll go largely unpunished. Her car should be sold to pay for damages. It would be justice if she had to sell her car and other belongings, and then do hard labor at minimum wage until she paid off every single person whose property she might have done damage to.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

They should make her and her sons work to pay for the costs associated with every window damaged in the city over the past month.

This is the kind of crime that we should bring back hard labor for. She probably won't be able to pay for all of the damage she and her sons did ...... so she'll go largely unpunished. Her car should be sold to pay for damages. It would be justice if she had to sell her car and other belongings, and then do hard labor at minimum wage until she paid off every single person whose property she might have done damage to.

Some prisons do have their prisoners work. For the good working wage of $0.23 per hour. It's nice that they give them 12 hour shifts so they can accumulate enough money for a pepsi.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

So you are going to let the daughter off scott-free?

I agree that she and her son's and daughters (I will let the parents of the friend decide how to punish him/her) should have to work cleaning ditches or some other community service. They should do this until the debt is repaid to each car owner for the cost to replace windows, even repaint, if necessary, each and every car.

I do not know her finances, but I would consider a huge fine as well. It would not go towards the work to be done to community service.

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
Legend
Legend
Yeah, I missed the daughter somehow.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

All Pro
All Pro

It takes a village to raise a child (and a moron to mess it up).

GO BROWNS!
Legend
Legend
Quote:

It takes a village to raise a child (and a moron to mess it up).

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
just clicking...

And people blame the guns....

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

Why make the kids pay??? They were just doing what an adult was telling them to do.

As a kid, don't you listen and trust what your Mother tells you?

They really need a "Parenting for Dumbasses" book.

Legend
Legend
I would think that a 15 and a 13 year old would have some sense of right and wrong. If not, then I don't know what they're going to do in 3 and 5 years respectively, when they have to deal with the real world as adults. What happens when they are 18 and 20 respectively, and their mother tells them to go rob a store, or shoot the windows out of a neighbor's car or house?

The kids need to learn that actions have consequences. It might be the one way to save them from a lifetime of mistakes.

I remember when I ran a pizza store in Aurora, and we had a famous little character. This kid came into the store about 4 or 5 times and tried to steal a little doll of the character we had on display. Finally he managed to get in far enough to grab it and run. Luckily he took off in his nice new car down a long, long road with limited ways out. Well, the Aurora Police Department didn't have a tremendous amount of stuff to do at that particular time of day .... and long story short, they caught him in short order.

He went to court, and his father came in to try and talk me out of going to trial. I refused. He was enraged. He was the VP of a fairly major company in Cleveland, and really thought that he should buy his kid's way out of the charges. Anyway, long story short, the kid wound up being sentenced to cleaning the drunk tank cells at the police department. His record was to be expunged a year later, as long as he did his work properly, stayed out of trouble. (they actually told me that I could inspect his work if I wanted to) It was something like 5 consecutive Saturdays that he had to go clean up puke and God knows what else from the drunk take cell.

His father actually came in and apologized to me later, and said that it was good that his son learned a lesson from it.

Kids can learn, but they have to face consequences for their actions in order to do so.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Why make the kids pay??? They were just doing what an adult was telling them to do.

As a kid, don't you listen and trust what your Mother tells you?

These kids aren't 5, they are teenagers. They knew what they were doing was wrong. Even with the worst parenting ever, which it sounds like they had, they knew that shooting out other peoples windows from your moving car is wrong. So yes, they deserve to be punished. Probably not as severely as her, but punished none the less.

yebat' Putin
F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

Why not go to their house and smash all their belongings so they can see what it feels like to have someone damage your property and leave you to repair.

That was what I always told my step-son as he grew up. If your thinking of getting into mischeif, think about if the deed was done to you or us, and what it would entail to fix/clean/repair. Would you find it funny or amusing then?

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Woman had teens shoot BB gun out of car

Link Copied to Clipboard