Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Your correct Ball.In opinion this 2013 NFL draft has some wella lot of hidden gems.Might have more probowlers than any class since Cleveland Browns was established again in 1999.All prospects have the potential but still comes down to a whole Team mentality even though the player has to hold up his end with the opposition across from them.The coaches,front office and yes fans have to give a positve to push each other to want it more than the other Teams out there.The player is only as good as the plan behind them and the fans voice to cheer and motivate that hard work thats been put in for the season.We as fans could help a lot by being the loudest fans in the NFL for 2013-2014 season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

So this top 5 draft scenario has been running through my mind and wanted to get thoughts on who the Browns should select if they cannot find a trade partner. I believe if it played out this way (which I think is a real possibility) this could be a nightmare for those that think the Browns would then "reach" for their selection....

1. Luke Joeckel (Chiefs)
2. Eric Fisher (Jaguars)
3. Dee Milliner (Raiders)
4. Dion Jordan (Eagles)
5. Ziggy Ansah (Lions)

Again, If the Browns are unable to find a trade partner, who would be a logical choice?

is it really that hard?
Star Lotulelei or Sharrif Floyd.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Quote:

So this top 5 draft scenario has been running through my mind and wanted to get thoughts on who the Browns should select if they cannot find a trade partner. I believe if it played out this way (which I think is a real possibility) this could be a nightmare for those that think the Browns would then "reach" for their selection....

1. Luke Joeckel (Chiefs)
2. Eric Fisher (Jaguars)
4. Dion Jordan (Eagles)
5. Ziggy Ansah (Lions)

Again, If the Browns are unable to find a trade partner, who would be a logical choice?

is it really that hard?

Apart from my opinion that I think BOTH are incredibly overrated (along with Richradson..they just happen to be the "best" DTs...but nowhere near close to the best OTs, imho)...I think it'd be incrdibly stupid to have one of Rubin/Taylor/top10 pick on the bench and pretty much gutting off Winn and Hughes from playing time...we'd pretty much waste a top 10 pick on an already strong DL rotation....even if you trade one of them, you're losing value galore

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

1. Luke Joeckel (Chiefs)
2. Eric Fisher (Jaguars)
4. Dion Jordan (Eagles)
5. Ziggy Ansah (Lions)

is it really that hard?

Apart from my opinion that I think BOTH are incredibly overrated (along with Richradson..they just happen to be the "best" DTs...but nowhere near close to the best OTs, imho)...I think it'd be incrdibly stupid to have one of Rubin/Taylor/top10 pick on the bench and pretty much gutting off Winn and Hughes from playing time...we'd pretty much waste a top 10 pick on an already strong DL rotation....even if you trade one of them, you're losing value galore

I'm with you on this.The games I watched of Cleveland Browns 2012-2013 season when struggling most or more than norm was when Joe Haden was suspended or out of game.Much improvement when Joe Haden was in the lineup.So in opinion get a lock down cb just in case Joe Haden is unable to get on field for whatever reason.In opinion defensive and offensive lines look good maybe one on offense line but he was improving at end of season last year.

Last edited by capricorn12247; 04/23/13 10:31 AM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Where do I start with your comment..value?
The Browns want to solidify the defense. They are looking at potiential..They have Star rated very very high.
The other two DT's are high on their list as is Jordan and I'm thinking Rhodes the CB.
Just based off things I'm seeing and reading if they were to go DT just figure the player was rated high in their minds.
I'll go into the Rubin rumors later but at some point they are going to turn their attention to him and his contract.
I'm in a wait and see mode because they have a plan.
Now we can debate Rubin's performance anytime but thats not what I'm saying..I would prefer a CB..but if Milliner's gone they could take Rhodes, but I do not think they want him @ 6.
They have 8 CB's that they feel can come in and start.,yes I said 8 .Think about that.

Last edited by Attack Dawg; 04/23/13 10:40 AM.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Hey Bubba!

I understand your point, but somehow I don't think it is ever a bad idea or bad time to select a pro-bowl type player.

7 x Pro-Bowl player. Going to be a sure-fire HOF inductee.

Nah, we wouldn't need that on our team.

Now, I'm not going to say that Chance Warmack will be that kind of player, but he's more likely to do it than the likes of Ziggy Ansah or Barkevious Mingo, Dion Jordon or Dee Milliner.

Truth is, we could get a starting quality CB as far back as the 3rd or even 4th round.

Heck, many Browns fans wanted us to go after Brent Grimes to fill the CB need. Where was he drafted? He was signed as an undrafted player. We'd be able to fill that need much, much further down in the draft (especially in this one!)
;
Positions that I don't think we take in the first round with this draft: QB, RB, OT, C, DT, WR, CB, LB, any ST position.

Narrowing this down, that means the the following positions are possible first round choices: OG, S, TE, DE.

Those positions are where I would put the focus on the Browns drafting logic. That is, if the Browns are in the position to select who they think is the best player at any of these positions, they may take them even at #6. That means that Warmack, Vaccaro, Eifert, or Ansah could come off the board at that spot.

The question becomes whether the Browns decision-makers think they can move back and get one of these guys at a certain spot and would the compensation be worth the chance of losing the person they want? If they can find a trade partner and think the compensation is worth the risk, they will probably make a trade. If they can't find a trade partner or don't think the compensation is worth the risk, they'll take one of those players.

I'm glad, quite honestly, that the front office puts no stock in what the fans have to say. If they did, we'd suck worse than what we have at this point.

I'm all for replacing Weeden, but I don't see the Browns taking a flyer on any of these guys as his replacement in the first round. Maybe in the 3rd round if they can find the team's future franchise QB to just groom. As for myself, I like Mike Glennon.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

--------------------

Quick to critique others but you don't have a selection of your own.

Poor form IMO.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Rookie
Rookie
R
Quote:

1. Luke Joeckel (Chiefs)
2. Eric Fisher (Jaguars)
4. Dion Jordan (Eagles)
5. Ziggy Ansah (Lions)

i think you have to think about hayden at #6

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I believe this to be the Browns board:

Star Lotulelei
Shariff Floyd
Dion Jordan
Chance Warmack
Jonathan Cooper
Tyler Eifert
Dee Milliner
Ziggy Ansah
Barkevious Mingo

Legend
Legend
I agree that he's a great player, and have said that he is almost certainly a Hall of Fame candidate.

What I question is the impact that even a Hall of Fame Guard has on a team these days.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Oh lawd.....I sure hope you ain't right!!!!

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

Quick to critique others but you don't have a selection of your own.

Poor form IMO.

I think I've made it clear in numerous other threads what I want to happen with pick no 6 in pretty much any scenario possible. I even started a thread about it, but if I can't even get a mid rounder for dropping down a bit I just take the next highest CB on my board.
It would not be great value, but that's what happens when you back yourself up for major needs going into a draft while sitting on 35mil of cap.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
S
Legend
Legend
S
I've been a believer that a trade down just isn't going to happen. I would love for it to happen, but I really don't see why someone would give up what we'd want to move up to 6. Do you really pull that move for a tackle? That's a QB type of move. Maybe a big time impact defensive player. I just don't see it. I think we are stuck at 6. I'm ok with that becuase I believe we can add a good player.

I really like Jordan, Eiffert, Mingo, and Austin. To a lesser extent I like Floyd, Milliner, Ansah, Cooper, and Warmack.

I left the tackles off, even though there are a few that I think are very good, just because it's obvious we are set at that position and cannot use valuable resources for depth.

I left Star Lotoulelei off my list, because I haven't seen enough of him. Cooper and Ansah I have seen limited playing time. The rest of these guys I feel like I have seen a good portion, most of their games from last season, and even from the season before.

I like Milliner, but I don't see him as a top 10 pick kinda CB. I don't think you are getting Revis or even another Haden. He's gonna be a decent player but I think we can do better with this pick.

I really really like Eiffert. I've seen him a ton on TV as well as a few times in person. He's the real deal. Unbelievable feet and hands. He reminds me of Joe J. I know where he's ranked, but if the Browns really like this guy and don't see a trade down scenario where they still could get him, I have no problem with them overspending the pick. I think between Chud and Norv, they have a pretty firm grip on if this guy is NFL stud material. I also believe he is a player that helps this team immediately. His value could be even higher if he had a legitimate QB during his tenure at ND, he never really did.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

I've been a believer that a trade down just isn't going to happen. I would love for it to happen, but I really don't see why someone would give up what we'd want to move up to 6. Do you really pull that move for a tackle? That's a QB type of move.

What do you think we are asking for? A 2nd round pick would probably do the trick.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Oh lawd.....I sure hope you ain't right!!!!

Why? It makes sense to me.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

I've been a believer that a trade down just isn't going to happen. I would love for it to happen, but I really don't see why someone would give up what we'd want to move up to 6. Do you really pull that move for a tackle? That's a QB type of move.

What do you think we are asking for? A 2nd round pick would probably do the trick.

That depends on where it's coming from but yeah I think a second rounder is involved.

I'm thinking from the other side of the deal though. What are you moving up to get?

I'm all for trading a few spots back. If we start getting into the late teens or beyond that I think a future 1 has to be in play. That to me is mind boggling over this crop of top 5-6 players.

C
Legend
Legend
C
A future first round pick does not have to be involved unless the team trading up is coming from the late first round.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D

Why? It makes sense to me ]

I guess that's all that matters!

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Draft Day Scenario

Link Copied to Clipboard