Former LSU cornerback Tharold Simon was arrested Thursday night for allegedly intimidating a police officer in his hometown of Eunice, La., according to KATC.com. Eunice city officials planned to proclaim Friday as “Tharold Simon Day” during a ceremony, and that will go on as planned according to Mayor Rusty Moody.

A projected mid-to-late round pick, Simon allegedly failed to move his car upon the request of a police officer. According to police records, he told the officer, “I own Eunice” and “I'm gonna buy these projects, and you are gonna be mine.” Simon then proceeded to leave, spinning his wheels and turning up his radio. He was charged with public intimidation, resisting an officer and unnecessary noise violation.

According to the report, Simon also told the officer that “the mayor was on his side” and that the officer would be fired if he wrote the ticket. Simon was released on bond.

Simon is attempting to follow in the footsteps of recent LSU cornerbacks Patrick Peterson and Morris Claiborne, leaving school early for an early NFL draft pick. He wasn't selected in Thursday's first round and isn't expected to be taken Friday night in the second or third rounds. Simon has imposing size at 6-foot-2 and 202 pounds but lacks ideal speed or refinement for the position, lacking the natural fluidity or feet to be consistent in man coverage.

Simon is considered an intriguing mid-to-late round option, ideally suited for a cover-2 scheme. But after Thursday's incident, he will be lucky to hear his name called at all this weekend in the 2013 NFL Draft.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/rob-ra...-on-draft-night