Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
T
Personally , I am still Not sold on Weeden or Campbell and I'm wondering that since many non 1st. Rd. QBs have turned into Good Franchise QBs , IF we go get one this year or IF we wait and see what Chud & Turner can do with Weeden or Campbell ?

The Mammal
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Next year. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see us take one in the 5th.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Personally , I am still Not sold on Weeden or Campbell and I'm wondering that since many non 1st. Rd. QBs have turned into Good Franchise QBs , IF we go get one this year or IF we wait and see what Chud & Turner can do with Weeden or Campbell ?

I don't think so., I think late round QB as a project is all we'll do this year.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
T
At what point would those QBs become a value ,IF they continue to stay on the board in Rd. 2 ?....I think that could happen since I see a lot of CBs going off the board in Rd.2

The Mammal
B
Rookie
Rookie
B
I'm hoping we take Jones in the 4th.

I
Rookie
Rookie
I
If we get a pick In the second round, we should pick a Cornerback. Then maybe a QB In the third, but I'd rather have a Safety.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Forget about drafting a QB this year, we need a CB, S, TE, and OG first and foremost ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
I'm hoping the Browns draft Tyler Wilson from Arkansas in round 3 or 4.

"My opinions and feelings are mine and shall not be influenced by anyone....especially liberals."
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I don't get the impression that anyone in the FO is sold on Weeden (Campbell is a backup/stop-gap and not a long-term solution). However, it seems to me that they aren't convinced that there are QBs in THIS draft that are the kind of franchise guy they are looking for either. I think we'll go into this season with Weeden and Campbell and, maybe, a developmental guy from this draft.

We'll see... we're only through Round 1 in this draft. I reserve the right to ammend my comments above based on the results of the rest of the draft.

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
D
Rookie
Rookie
D
no QB we have two many holes to fill other places

C
Legend
Legend
C
My prediction is Matt Scott. We have been all over him throughout the off-season.

Legend
Legend
no QB for us.. not today at least.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
No QB, we need CB, safety, and TE, FB, and G. imo.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Only if we can trade into the 2nd and keep our 3rd, then I'd pick Glennon in the 3rd

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c I can't see taking one on Day 2 (as we only have a 3rd rounder); perhaps Day 3....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Best Qb in this draft may have very well been EJ Manuel. The Bills sold their starter, so they went ALL IN 100% to get a qb in this draft, they , of ALL teams would have had to evaluate EVERY one of these qb's to find the best one.

The BROWNS did not have a glaring hole in the front 7, and consider this, With the good play in one game that Thaddeus Lewis gave you against the STEELERS, there is NO WAY to claim they need a 3rd string QB.
You Have a free agent signing of Jason Campbell, who'll probably START, or at least be an experience backup.

The Browns last night made a pick at #6, with ALLLL, EVERY , QB still on the BOARD! There is NO WAY the front office can defend a quarterback selection in any part of this remaining draft as being the RIGHT MOVE,

UNLESS.
The only way it can be defended is to claim that it will somehow get you future trade value that you can't pass up. AND THAT AIN'T NO REASON TO MAKE A PICK!

They might take one! But it will be the WRONG MOVE! Because QB is the most important position on the entire team, and they had their choice of Every Single One. There's just no way if they take one at any point remaining in this draft that they can claim they shouldn't have taken him at #6 overall. Unless their drafting a Backup, and I've been over that.

What might they say? " Well we wanted Ryan Nasib all along but we knew going in that he was going to fall all the way to pick 145" That would be total Bull!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Forget about drafting a QB this year, we need a CB, S, TE, and OG first and foremost ... JMHO

+1

Well said.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
I don't see a QB happening today. Maybe in the 5th-7th but hopefully not. No need to find a developmental guy in the draft. Just get a UDFA or two.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
If they thought there was a better QB than Weeden, they should have took him in the first round. Either at 6 or via tradeback.

Legend
Legend
In this draft, if you want a QB, get him as an UDFA because the ones that came out this year aren't worth more than that.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Rookie
Rookie
No QB please TE,CB,S,OG that is our needs!!!

And I swear to you Turkeys can FLY! And Joe Turkey Jones made Bradshaw Fly!

GO BROWNIES!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

No QB, we need CB, safety, and TE, FB, and G. imo.

we didn't technically need a OLB either.. but we got one..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Well, you don't rotate qb's or put 2-3 of them in the game at the same time either.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I cure hope we dont even draft a qb this season. I'd rather just keep what we have and fill some other needs.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Not as many as you think??? Not counting Brees who was a 32 overall now a 1st rounder Not too many - Once in a blue moon.

But 3rd n 4th round has decent value in developmental QBs from this draft...not many high draft picks...obviously but now that they are dropping 3rd n 4th round we might get a descent prospect.

JMHO - moving into the 2nd...No thank you.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

In this draft, if you want a QB, get him as an UDFA because the ones that came out this year aren't worth more than that.

I agree. And I also feel when this FO does go QB, they better go all in and get it right. This fan base is tired of getting it wrong.

This year, they can blame lack of quality QB's in the draft and I would have to agree with them. But I think we're all tired of seeing us settle for lesser QB's for some "greater good of the team build".

This year we will see what they inherited for the most part on O and what they built on D. God knows they're going all in on the front seven so they better hope they got it right.

They can blame the past regime if the O doesn't blossom. But nobody but themselves can be blamed if this D doesn't perform. And neither can those saying "the secondary isn't that important with this new, attacking style of D".

So I don't want to hear excuses on that either.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
just clicking.
The thing about Wide receivers is, when the Browns get to that point in a game when they have the 2 and 25, or 3rd and 20+ and they really need a score to win a game, well about the only thing that is going to help you then is an advantage at Qb and WR.
When the Browns won their last playoff game in 94ish, they had a couple more than 2 wide receivers who were NFL worthy and playing like it.

When they made it to the playoffs in 01ish, they had Couch and the 4 2nd round pics at Wr, who combined for alot of td's including on returns.

When they had a winning record in 07ish, they had 29+ passing tds and Braylon, K2, and JurIwishIquit.

You can just never have enough wide receivers, and the Browns are losing games every year with their offense on the field, so if they can find a way to improve at wide receiver; Go do it.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Maybe a third day QB but no way do I see us taking one today and really don't think we take one at all this year

<><

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Maybe a third day QB but no way do I see us taking one today and really don't think we take one at all this year

I hope we roll with what we have at QB this season.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Barkley and Nassib are still on the board as of 3rd round, 74th pick.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I am not saying we should pursue, just stating what was said.

According to ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio, the Jets are already thinking about releasing Mark Sanchez.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Quote:

Not as many as you think??? Not counting Brees who was a 32 overall now a 1st rounder Not too many - Once in a blue moon.

Wasn't Tom Brady sixth round??

Of course, that makes it twice in a blue moon.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Quote:

Barkley and Nassib are still on the board as of 3rd round, 74th pick.

They are still on the board going into the 4th round.

The Browns have the 14th pick.

It's remotely possible they could get either Barkley or Nassib.

Reasonable scenario: Give Weeden the ball opening day, if he bombs, hand the ball to Campbell. He's now a journeyman QB who knows he doesn't have an infinite amount of NFL time left. Let him start if Weeden has a QB rating of 75 or below.

Then let Campbell / the staff groom Barkley / Nassib to start year after next.

That's the way QB's used to be groomed. Sit on the bench and learn for a year.

Few QB's can jump in year one.

Or, have we totally given up on 'developing' a franchise QB??

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, he was. #119. A compensatory pick!!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Tony Romo and Kurt Waner were undrafted ....... so we should never draft a QB ever again. lol

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Do we go get a QB on Day 2 , IF we move into Rd. 2 ?

Link Copied to Clipboard