Next Thread
Print Thread
#784395 04/30/13 01:52 PM
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
So, Sat. night my nephews were over (12 and 9 years old). They brought their airsoft guns. 2 guns, 3 kids. (my 12 year old daughter). They decided to use the golf cart as a "tank" to get everyone involved. 1 kid running, another kid driving the cart, the third kid sitting on the back of the cart.

They had a blast. Enough of a blast, that Sunday we went and bought 2 airsoft guns. My nephews had a hand gun and a "rifle".....but each of them had to be cocked manually for every shot. What we got my daughter was a handgun and a battery powered rifle. Handgun holds 12 or 14 rounds, the "rifle" holds 300, and, like full auto, boy howdee, that's what it does. Pull the trigger and it fires till you let off.

Sooga and I were out Sunday, and last night. Running around, shooting each other. (yes, with proper protection) Believe it or not, I got the handgun. 1 shot, cycle the action, 1 shot, cycle the action.......meanwhile, she's laying out 30 bb's a minute......anyway.

So, now my hip is killing me!!! (and I have welts on my head from her spraying me with plastic bb's) Honestly, today, walking was a struggle for me. Sleeping last night was a struggle. This getting older thing sucks........wondering if I'll need hip replacement soon....

As long as she doesn't have homework tonight, we're going over to my nephews house. Sooga is so pumped about pummeling them!

Am I raising bad daughter? Hell no. Life is good, and for the doubters, I'm not always a negative nellie.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Those things are fun . If you want a fun time go paintballing ! I used to get together with a group of friends , a few cases of beer and we would have the time of our lives . I still have a badass automatic M16 type gun that just screams when I crank it up . At our age it does suck the day after but what the heck .

Legend
Legend
My kid and the neighbors were really into the airsoft stuff a few years ago. The are a blast, but they do sting when you get hit, lol. I still have those colored little balls stuck in the patio pavers.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
So you are putting your nephews and daughter on the path to being a serial killer by teaching them violence and letting them play with toy guns... way to go.

yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #784399 04/30/13 02:05 PM
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
Quote:

So you are putting your nephews and daughter on the path to being a serial killer by teaching them violence and letting them play with toy guns... way to go.

Yup! Bad dad. Bad uncle. (but it's fun. As long as you can run)

IRE 45 #784400 04/30/13 02:12 PM
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
I used to paintball every Saturday afternoon. Still have my gun. Depending on the day, we'd have 10 to 20 people. Had a 5 acre woods, divided in the middle by a creek/ditch.......

I worked at a dealership then. We had an old station wagon traded in. We had Zero dollars in it. The owner at the time let me buy if for $100. Took it to a friends house, cut the top off it (just behind the drivers seat - think el camino style car) That was my paintball ride......to and from the woods.

We used to have epic battles! Went to Toledo one time for a WIOT (fm 104.7) paintball get together. I quickly learned my "awesome" semi auto didn't hold mustard to the full auto guns some of those guys had.

Paintballs hurt more than airsoft bb's.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
They are super fun. We used to play in this warehouse I worked 3rd shift until the boss started noticing them little plastic BB's all over the place. Good times!

F
Legend
Legend
F
Yeah...I played paintball every weekend from probably 94 through 98, then the full auto's started becoming cheap enough that every 10 year had one, and I loved my Automag .68 classic, and wasn't interested in spending the money for the full auto as my interest was waining.

The "kids", most under 16, became the majority at the local PB park and they preferred speedball over the woods games. I lost interest then as I found speedball to be dull. Games lasted maybe 3 minutes and they were directly in the Florida Sun, whereas the woods games were in the shade and lasted 20-30 mins or more.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
DCDAWGFAN #784403 04/30/13 02:24 PM
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
Quote:

I did get even with her later. She wanted to play catch - softball. Hey, she had a mitt.

FloridaFan #784404 04/30/13 02:39 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yeah I used to play a lot. We even went to some big tournaments and did pretty well. Had a sponsor and everything, but yeah speedball was gaining popularity then, and I hate it. I like to be out in the woods, playing capture the flag, or fortress. There was one place we played where there were two bases and one flag. Each team tried to capture the flag and bring it back to their base, to win. The only thing was, the flag was on a deck sitting in the middle of a large pond, and there were 4 railed walkways leading to the deck. We had one idiot who grabbed the flag and jumped into the pond. Soon as he came back up to the surface he got pelted with about 50 rounds.

King

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
kingodawg #784405 04/30/13 02:52 PM
F
Legend
Legend
F
Florida woods are very dense with palmetto bushes and stuff. It's near impossible to sneak up on an opponent once you leave the main paths. It's alos good cover, they may hear you in the brush, but often can't see you unless they catch the palms rustling.

My favorite weekends were the monthly "collection" games.

They would split us into 2 teams, typically we'd have 50-60 players. The woods would be littered with gold painted items. Some things like 55 gallon drums with gold X's down to computer circuit boards painted gold. The goal was to collect all 50 items in your fort.

There was no timer, and if you got shot you walked to the staging area where you cleaned up your mark and waited. once there were 5 of your team members in staging, 1 could go back in as 1 would come out.

That game took about 4-1/2 hours, and we won with evey item in our fort. We had like 7 little kids on our team (under 10 years old) who we put up in the fort tower to defend our fort and our loot. The best was trying to get the 55 gal drum back to fort. took 6 or 7 of us, 2 carrying the others defending against ambushes.

Man if they did events like that every weekend, I'd probably still be playing.

I did go with my old PB buddies about 4 years ago, after probably a 10 year hiatus. And man if any of us could walk the next day it was a miracle. We apparently forgot how much running, squatting, and crawling it involved.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Just teach her to aim small and miss small.

CHSDawg #784407 04/30/13 08:42 PM
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
Quote:

Just teach her to aim small and miss small.

I don't understand.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
It is a line from The Patriot with Mel Gibson . Basically means to aim center mass and even if you don't hit it dead center then at least you hit somewhere in the general area .

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This reminds me of a story.

When I and 3 of my best friends (to this day) were in about 8th grade we had an airsoft gun battle in my buddy's basement. We turned off all the lights so the only thing you could see was the light from the upstairs and outside. Needless to say there was not much vision.

Anyway we did a last man standing kind of thing and I remember my buddy hit me with a pellet from across the room. We weren't wearing eyeglasses or protection and it hit me right on the eyebrow. Still have a scar there but man, if that was an inch lower, I would not have that eye today.

We were young, and we were dumb, but we made it through alright.

[Linked Image from i190.photobucket.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was looking at some airsoft guns at the flea market the other day. Think I may get a few of them for our family to battle it out. Are the all pretty much the same FPS? Is the only difference in the rate of fire? What is their propellant? Are they the little 10 gram CO2 cartridges?

KING

FloridaFan #784411 05/01/13 04:50 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
wish I lived near you, I would be there for sure!!

SO much fun, don't know if my old bones could take it anymore, but damn it would be fun to try.

We used to play a place in Chardon called Pinnacle Woods. They had three or 4 different fields, set up for different scenarios. We also used to play a place called Adrenalin Zone in Lorain. This place was actually smack dab in an urban neighborhood and it was an old abandoned factory complex. it was fun but the limited size made it a bit boring after a while.

Its been a long time,I guess the equipment has gotten a lot more advanced. Back then the semi auto rifles were fairly knew. Before that it was the 10 gram co2 cartridges, or one of the first guns I had was a single pump shotgun type gun. We had a sponsor called Brute, they came out with a gun called a Brute Matic. Total piece of garbage, Jammed all the time, seals leaked, if you fired to fast you would break more pellets in the barel than actually fired. I went back to my Tippman and put Brute stickers on it. I am pretty sure they went out of business.

King

kingodawg #784412 05/01/13 08:23 AM
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
Quote:

I was looking at some airsoft guns at the flea market the other day. Think I may get a few of them for our family to battle it out. Are the all pretty much the same FPS? Is the only difference in the rate of fire? What is their propellant? Are they the little 10 gram CO2 cartridges?

KING

I'm real new to airsoft. I believe most have similar fps - the rifles are faster. Our handgun is spring powered, the rifle is battery powered. I'm not aware of any being co2 powered, but again, I'm real new.

I saw some guns that were $200 to $300 that I'm sure are better, stronger, faster, etc....but I wasn't dropping that much money for what we'll do with them.

A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
I was literally amazed today. Went to a shooting range. First time my daughter ever fired a "real" handgun - my S&W 22A-1 .22 cal. semi auto handgun.

At 8-9 yards she was awesome! At one target, 40 shots fired, she was off paper ZERO times. Only had 2 shots on paper but not in the scoring circles. Had 5 true bullseyes! First time ever shooting!

Oh, yes, it was 100% her choice to do this. I even told her "They probably won't let you shoot." I was wrong.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Got your own little Annie Oakley . Good for her that she has a Dad that takes the time to show her how to do it right and that guns can be so much fun .

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I was literally amazed today. Went to a shooting range. First time my daughter ever fired a "real" handgun - my S&W 22A-1 .22 cal. semi auto handgun.

At 8-9 yards she was awesome! At one target, 40 shots fired, she was off paper ZERO times. Only had 2 shots on paper but not in the scoring circles. Had 5 true bullseyes! First time ever shooting!

Oh, yes, it was 100% her choice to do this. I even told her "They probably won't let you shoot." I was wrong.

That's excellent. Education and practice in the safe use of firearms is much more important than any gun law as far as gun violence goes. And it's an enjoyable activity....some of my fondest memories with my son involve shooting/hunting.

Looks like it's time for the Hunter Safety Course, Arch!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A

A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
I just have to follow up on this.

Doggonit, my wife left right after church today to drive 50 miles to a Carrie Underwood concert. Why she had to leave so early, with her sister, her mom, and a good friend, I can only guess.

Her last words to me were "be safe"

So, I put a load of laundry in the washer. Then Sooga (daughter) and I loaded up the 4 wheelers with the airsoft guns, ammo, glasses, etc, and rode 10 miles to my bro in laws house. Once there, the 5 of us (bro in law, 2 nephews, and us) had a fantastic time.......with me apparently getting the worst of it. Welts on my forehead, arm, and a bleeding knuckle.

Game over, we decided to ride the 4 wheelers back to a mud hole. 5 of us, 24 inches of water and mud. Use your imagination.

10 mile ride back home, and now I'm doing more laundry. BUT, we were safe! (and had a boatload of fun as well )

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Airsoft guns

Link Copied to Clipboard