Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
J
I havent ever created an imgur album, so im not 100% sure how well it will work-- bare with me while i become acclimated. I'll post a few actual pictures in here, but link to the album, so as not to cause some of your computers to explode trying to load them all.

Only got a chance to spend about an hour there thursday, didnt get a chance to snap many pictures of the defense sadly. But heres what i got...

DAY 1 - Thursday 7-25-2013
http://imgur.com/a/B7Emn/layout/horizontal#0

J
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
J
make sure to click the link above the picture to access the gallery, it contains 66 photos from day 1.

observations were limited, as its tough to watch and evaluate it closely when you have one eye closed and the other behind a camera, but...

marecic still cannot catch for the life of him. was catching with his body instead of hands a few times, bobbed (though pulled it in) a couple of hand catches.

Obi made some nice catches, and on a few drills lined up ahead of trich in a dual rb set, perhaps he will be used as a FB to some degree?

Smelley was very impressive in his ability to adjust to the ball and pull in some tough catches. Seemed like it was an inside joke to throw smelley some difficult to catch passes, because he was twisting and adjusting all day long.

trich was not limited at all.

O
Legend
Legend
O
You da' man.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Did you have to put Owen Marecic in the first picture?

yebat' Putin
V
Legend
Legend
V
Nice pics. Man, Obi, looks built. Great calves on him.

J
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
J
thanks! i'll have some more pictures up next week. with it being the first few days of camp and them playing in shorts, theres not a ton of exciting stuff going on just yet. i'm going to try and make it there twice next week and hopefully get some more detailed pictures, as well as some more emphasis on the defense.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
lol that marecic sequence. Oh boy

Legend
Legend
Good photoshop on that one pic, you almost made it look like Hardesty is catching a pass.

Seriously, thanks.. those of us who live far away and don't have the opportunity to get out there really appreciate it and I'll speak for them whether they want me to or not.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks, nice to see some pics.

Looks like Marecic's hands are about the same

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Lol!

I will say it does appear he's added some weight.

J
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
J
Quote:

i took a few pictures of owen, mostly pointing out him bobbling the ball, catching with his body, etc.

im interested to see if OBI can be transitioned in to playing more FB. There were a number of 2 back set plays with obi leading for trent... i cant speak for his lead blocking, but he is excellent in pass protection, catches very well, and i just cant see him being any worse than owen marecic overall. if he can provide even mediocre lead blocking for trich, the other aspects of his game have to make him more valuable than marecic.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Josh you were there, does it look like in person that Owen has added some weight to his frame?

Legend
Legend
Great pics, Thanks for sharing!

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
J
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
J
Quote:

Seriously, thanks.. those of us who live far away and don't have the opportunity to get out there really appreciate it and I'll speak for them whether they want me to or not.

youre welcome, i appreciate the thank you. I'm luck enough to live about 20 minutes away from camp, and my girlfriend lives only a few miles past camp. With the new camp schedule i am able to head up to berea around 3:15, make it there at 3:45 and find street parking, walk my way up and be there at 4:00 when it starts. She's off work and home by 5:30, so i can just hangout and snag some pictures for an hour or two, then head over to her place. Works out really well for me, and should allow me to get a bunch of pictures probably about twice a week this summer.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Thanks!!!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
From those of us half a country away... thanks.!!

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
LOL....Like the side in the background....WELCOME TO TRAINING CAMP....bet it made the players feel more welcome....

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Awesome pics! Mahalo nuil loa!

And lol at Marecic...getting eating up by balls thrown at his face mask.

HOW DO I TRAP THIS AGAINST MY BODY WHEN IT'S SO HIGH!!!

What a dolt. I beg of you Joe Banner. Put this guy out of his misery. The guy majored in human biology concentrated in infectious disease at Stanford. Let him start rooting out viruses because he can't root out linebackers.

Or catch the damn ball.

[Linked Image]
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

And lol at Marecic

He has small hands...

J
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
J
Quote:

Josh you were there, does it look like in person that Owen has added some weight to his frame?

you know its tough to say honestly. he does look a bit more solid, but being a heterosexual male with a mediocre memory, i cant really compare his body this year to an entire year ago, haha.

personally, i think the dude sucks, and im not even entirely sure him adding some weight and muscle to his frame will make him all that much better. now that we are going to be playing from the shotgun a lot more, when running a 2 back shotgun set, i think norvs system will call for a less traditional road grader FB type (thats not to say i would ever call owen a road grader)...

im intrigued by the possibility of seeing obi in those situations honestly. While he's a bit undersized at 225 lbs (his listed weight), he appears to be in camp this year having added a good amount of muscle to his frame. i wouldnt be shocked if hes playing 10 pounds heavier than last season. you can see in that pic above, his calves are thicker than marecics, but the butt and upper leg area isnt, so im not sure if he can get that same drive you need from a FB, but im very curious to find out. I think OBI has good vision, excels in pass protection, and can certainly catch about 10x better than marecic. With the stable of runningbacks we have, OBI will need to expand his skillset in order to make a roster spot-- and i would certainly not complain if that meant taking marecics job.

something ill definitely be paying attention to through out camp.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Great pics, great slideshow and over very well appreciated.

I'm an hour-and-a-half away from camp and will make to one but likely only one day. So these pics are a real blessing.

Looking forward to your next batch!

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

make sure to click the link above the picture to access the gallery, it contains 66 photos from day 1.

Hey josh...good stuff...thanks for sharing...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
N
Legend
Legend
N
thank you very much. it is greatly appreciated.

and nothing says what we all feel about the Browns better than the picture you listed there. a bunch of Browns RBs looking involved and ready to go while Marecic stands there with his hands on his hips, his helmet off and looking at the ground.

#gmstrong
J
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
J
Quote:

thank you very much. it is greatly appreciated.

and nothing says what we all feel about the Browns better than the picture you listed there. a bunch of Browns RBs looking involved and ready to go while Marecic stands there with his hands on his hips, his helmet off and looking at the ground.

i wont hold that against him, marecic and I apparently share the "what to do with my awkward arms" dilemma. Looking through all the pics again, every time marecic isnt in a play, his hands are on his hips haha. And to be fair, trent was about to take his helmet off there as well, he did a few times.

i'd rather hold marecics poor play and stone hands against him.

Legend
Legend
So Gary Barnidge can't catch and Tank Carder can't cover.

Great! Cut 'em!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

but being a heterosexual male with a mediocre memory, i cant really compare his body this year to an entire year ago

Lmfao... i hear ya I wasn't trying to get ya to comment on his looks or anything, just the fact it's reported the dude bulked up some and I haven't got to see him cept in those pics. Truthfully I don't think it'll matter for him, it's well documented on my behalf I too think he sucks. Can't catch, can't block and has horrible speed. Bulking up some helps his chances of maybe making the special teams over some of the others.

Thanks for the pics man, can't wait for the next installment!

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 07/26/13 05:05 PM.
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Quote:

The guy majored in human biology concentrated in infectious disease at Stanford. Let him start rooting out viruses because he can't root out linebackers.

His inability to catch anything will serve him well in that field.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

The guy majored in human biology concentrated in infectious disease at Stanford. Let him start rooting out viruses because he can't root out linebackers.

His inability to catch anything will serve him well in that field.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
J
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
J
Quote:

So Gary Barnidge can't catch and Tank Carder can't cover.

Great! Cut 'em!

carder was a little bit off his man, but got his hand up and defenses the pass.

1st String
1st String
i too was there Thursday and a few things jumped out on me.. Greg Little dropped 2-3 passes ( I can give him credit for the low pass from Weeden). As stated,Merirc could not catch a ball... Tori Gurley is HUGE and was catching everything coming to him.. I was overly Impressed with him.. Gordon looked good. Chris Owens jumped a sideline route of Weeden to Gordon and picked it off at it's highest point. Lastly, Coach Chud came over to where we were and was barking it up with us fans and interacting.... Some guy by us yelled HEY JIMMY HASLAM, I GET ALL MY GAS AT THE FLYING V which got some chuckles from the player and fans... Loved Thursday..

I am the artist that was known as Dawgmanincincy
V
Legend
Legend
V
I forgot we signed Gurley. He is huge. I live in SC now, so I got to see a lot of him in college. I really thought he was going to be a good player. I hope he gets a fair look to compete for a job this year.

Legend
Legend
I'll be honest, I've been high on Gurley since we signed him. He was knocked for running poor routes, but I think he's a perfect fit for Turner's system. Gurley, Gordon, Little, and Nelson are HUGE WR's. Maybe the biggest group in the league.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2013 Browns Camp Pictures Collection - pic heavy!

Link Copied to Clipboard