Who's going?

Also...what happens there? I'm gonna go tomorrow, wonder what I should expect

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Legend
Legend
I went last year ... go early to get the best seats possible. If you are taking kids and want autographs, make sure to get seats right near the locker room entrance because the players will all sign right there. Also, parking was cheap but obviously the food wasn't.

In all, I would definitely go again if I could this year.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm going to go with my son. We just decided. It's a couple hour drive, but after sitting and reading about the team this morning, I got to go.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Have fun. I don't know how old your son is, but there's supposed to be a fireworks and laser show following practice. They must be planning a long practice and autograph session, because it doesn't get dark until well after 9pm.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Just got back home 15 minutes ago, long ride to Steubenville. It was great. The practice part was great. I like watching the individuals drills, especially the DL smacking those dummies.

We sat on the 40 in section 134. There were many small children there, and the ones around us were having a blast. My son is eighteen, I took him to camp a few times, his first year he was 10.

I don't know if other teams have the same type thing, but as a fan I appreciated it a lot.

Watching the defense up close and seeing the talent present was giving me a good feeling. The offense looked OK, but I really believe this defense is going to shock some teams. I think they are the reason the offense doesn't look that great right now, they are fast and big. Our depth at DL is very strong.

Groves is a very fast LB, he could be a stud in the making. L J Fort is a pretty big guy, he looked good all evening, albeit with the twos. Kruger and Sheard, is going to be nice. And Mingo, is fast, and I saw him cover a WR downfield, and was stride for stride

Obi and Lewis are a good backfield, with Hardesty and Richardson, they make a strong backfield.

Little is huge, and quicker than I remember, Gordon's body language caught my eye. He looks great on plays, but the rest of the time he seems like he is yearning the diva lifestyle. Bess is small, but thick for his size. I think his hands are the best on the team, this was a key FA.

Haden is very fast and looks the best I've seen since he was drafted. Skrine didn't look that bad, and Owens looks like a hitter. I thought the other S, I think it was Gipson, #39, had good coverage every time I watched him.

Rubin and Bryant are definitely high motor guys. Rubin's arms are huge. Bryant is big and light on his feet, very quick.

The QBs looked good, except for Hoyer, he looked horrrible. Weeden and Campbell have very similar throwing styles. The thing was, the defense was on them in a flash. They were coming from all angles, at one point they had a 2 man front. It definitely is different from What I've seen here before. The speed is what stands out. I hope the Oline looks better next Thursday.

I want to see the offense against another defense, before I judge them fully.The OL looked good, but they were being pushed back into the QB. Both Weeden and Campbell stepped up in the pocket nicely when the pressure arrived. Both QBs threw some nice outs. Lots of zip on both their balls. That last sentence had me busting out laughing after I read it. Anyway, judging the team from a practice is hard. Preseason will tell a lot.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Thanks for the first hand account!

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for the first-hand account.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc...

I wasn't there, but this is outstanding...click the link to view the pictures...
web page

Cleveland Browns thrill local family as they allow 5-year-old cancer survivor to score a touchdown

By Tom Reed, The Plain Dealer
on August 03, 2013 at 10:17 PM, updated August 04, 2013 at 2:31 AM

CLEVELAND, Ohio – A convoy of blockers ahead and the worst days of cancer treatment behind, 5-year-old Ryan Encinas clutched the football and ran for the goal line, a crowd of 24,134 fans cheering his every step.

“Go, buddy, go,” yelled Robert Bozic, as his son weaved his way 40 yards across the FirstEnergy Stadium turf with halfback Trent Richardson picking off would-be tacklers.

The Browns Family Night came to a poignant end Saturday as Ryan crossed the goal line, was swept onto the shoulders of linebacker Craig Robertson and congratulated by the entire team in the west end zone.

“This is one of the highest highs we’ve had during this entire ordeal,” said Bozic, standing on the sidelines with the football tucked in Ryan’s helmet. “To see him out there running with the Cleveland Browns is one of the greatest experiences of our lives.”

The Browns in connection with Littlest Heroes invited Ryan to run for a 40-yard touchdown on the final play of practice. The idea was the brainchild of coach Rob Chudzinski’s 7-year-old son, Kaelan, who saw the Nebraska Cornhuskers stage a similar play for a cancer survivor at their spring game.

“Anything we can do to make somebody’s day better I'm all for it,” Chudzinski said.

It was a momentous weekend for the Cuyahoga Falls family. Ryan celebrated his second year in remission on Friday. Doctors diagnosed him with lung cancer at age 2. He spent six weeks in a hospital where he underwent chemotherapy and radiation treatments. His mother, Angela, dropped out of school to take care of Ryan.

In April, the Browns contacted Littlest Heroes -- a local organization which assists families that have a child diagnosed with cancer -- looking for a youngster to carry out Kaelan Chudzinski’s vision.

On Wednesday, Ryan met the Browns at their Berea training facility.

“Ryan was so outgoing and wasn’t the least bit intimidated to be around the players,” said Chudzinski’s wife, Sheila. “He was challenging D’Qwell (Jackson) and Trent to race him.”

For his big night, Ryan wore a Browns helmet and a uniform with a “No. 1 “Encinas” jersey. His dad offered some last-minute pointers while his 3-year-old sister, Rowan, dangled around mom’s legs.

The Browns introduced Ryan to the crowd and showed pictures of him at the hospital and at the team facility on the scoreboard video screens. He accepted a handoff from quarterback Brandon Weeden and followed Richardson’s block.

Ryan added a moment of levity with a premature celebration, spiking the ball at the 30 yard line before Coach Chud recovered the fumble and got Ryan going again. He was swamped by autograph requests from players.

“That was cool,” Weeden said. “When Chud told us we were going to do that in team meetings, I was pumped about it. That was a cool deal. The kid is 5-years-old and he's been through a lot. I do a lot of stuff back home with Children's Hospital, so every time something like that happens, it brings a lump to your throat.”

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think that was the first time Mac brought tears to my eyes and it was a Good Thing!

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Legend
Legend
I was listening to the news this morning on Channel 3 WKYC and they said it was a record crowd for a family fun night. something like over 24,000 people showed up.. Wow,, for a practice. This town loves the Browns.. that's for sure.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1488 #803258 08/04/13 03:54 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/st...leveland-browns HERES THE VIDEO

That was fun to watch..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Thanks! What they said X2. The Encinas gig was electrifying.... Felt like the kind of class I associated with the Browns during my long-gone youth. Bring on the football.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
Heck Yeah!

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
I was there myself. Took the wife and two boys. Great atmosphere! Between this event and having been to Training Camp I certainly feel a different vibe in the atmosphere. I've noticed the staff goes out of their way to ask and ensure you are having a good time, saying thank you or a "how can we help attitude," etc..., it seems to be a conscious and noticeable effort.

The final play with the young boy running for a TD was just amazing and really united the crowd and team. There was a good deal of emotion involved.

On a football note, in the final huddle I noticed Weeden kneel down next to DQ and watched the two discuss (from my perspective based on body language) reads, advice etc...

On a similar note, Greg Little in that same final team huddle, huddled with Joe Haden and TJ Ward (didn't dress) and again, seemed to be discussing technique, plays etc..., (lots of gesturing which seemed to indicate routes)

Throughout practice, Little looked solid. Didn't drop a pass. Norwood dropped three passes, Gordon two. #9 had a great catch over top of Chris Owens.

Haden picked Weeden on a pass over the middle to Gordon.

The rest of my time was spent entertaining my kids. Had a lot of fun! My son got Barkevious Mingo's autograph. He has no idea who that is, but just thought it was cool to see a football player up-close.

1488 #803262 08/05/13 02:18 AM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Quote:

Absolutely awful. If our defense can't even stop a five year old, how are we supposed to stop Rodgers or Brady?

Better get to work, Horton.

Proud fan of the Pulaski Academy football strategy.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I was listening to the news this morning on Channel 3 WKYC and they said it was a record crowd for a family fun night. something like over 24,000 people showed up.. Wow,, for a practice. This town loves the Browns.. that's for sure.

that's more than an indians game...

my son went and he said he got 6 signatures from players and he had a blast. He said that they did the wave like 10 or more times. He said that Weeden looked like he sucked but the D looks Pittsburgh good- Mind you... He's 11 but he plays QB for his football team so... who knows.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

my son ... He's 11 but he plays QB for his football team so... who knows.

Does he need an agent ?...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely awful. If our defense can't even stop a five year old, how are we supposed to stop Rodgers or Brady?

Better get to work, Horton.

Remember,, Sarcasm is in Purple

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

For Baseball or Football?

His u11 travel baseball team was just in the news because they went 17-1 and were league champs.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

For Baseball or Football?

His u11 travel baseball team was just in the news because they went 17-1 and were league champs.

Outstanding! You should be very proud of him, Dad...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Family Fun Night

Link Copied to Clipboard