Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I'm thinking of taking my brother to the Bears vs. Browns game on December 15 as his Christmas gift if he's available to go. He's a Bears fan, and I'm obviously a Browns fan. He would love it. I found some tickets online, but figured I'd try here in case I could get a better deal.

Legend
Legend
If it were me, I would wait to buy them.

History suggests the Browns may have a poor record by the time December rolls around. And if that's the case again, hopefully not, but you will probably be able to get great tickets at a low price.

Of course it also works both ways, if the Browns have a good record you may get bad seats at a high price, but I'd make that bet right now.

Heck, I don't think the Bears will be any good by December too. I think Cutler will crash and burn under Tressman's system. There have been rumblings that the two aren't seeing eye to eye. Cutler has a tendancy to just want to throw to B.Marsh all day. And we've all seen what he's like when things don't go his way or the defense starts getting to him. I don't like Cutler at all, but I'd still take him over Weeden (but that's only going on last years BW, maybe he looks a lot better in the new Chud/Turner offense).

If you do buy now, check Ticketmaster first. I doubt the game is sold out right now. You'd at least guarantee yourself face value tickets.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Exactly. I'd wait until Thanksgiving to buy them ... you'll get them much cheaper (if not free). I've had great luck in the past when I've wanted to go to a game near the end of the year.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Unfortunately, I can't wait. My brother travels a lot and his schedule is unpredicatble. I'm getting them tomorrow so he has plenty of notice and can try to clear his schedule for it. Plus, if he ends up having to travel for business, I can have enough of a notice to try and sell them and get some of my money back. I'm fine with eating a little money as long as I know the tickets is a sure thing.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tickets to games nowadays are always a "sure thing" ... You can always get on Stub Hub and get tickets.

Especially if you're not worried about spending some money on them.

So you can go ahead and make the "for sure" plans, and wait for ticket prices to go down to $2.19 when we're 3-9.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I am always seeking buyers of tickets as I don't go to all 8 games. Six is usually my limit.

That said, my search begins about 2-3 days after the schedule is announced in mid April, so my Club seats to the Bears were gone by maybe mid May.

Start earlier my friend, and expect to pay face, or slightly less if you are a good guy and have bought before,. I got face for my Club seats to that game.

Just understand, us holders who are looking to sell a seat or two are on it a few months ago. Contact me 2-3 days after next years schedule is released to see if I have any tickets as I will have my plans set, hotels booked, and restaurant reservations made if allowed to do it that early.....hotels do, restaurants usually hold to 90 days out unless you are booking a event like a wedding or anniversay party.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I am always seeking buyers of tickets as I don't go to all 8 games. Six is usually my limit.

That said, my search begins about 2-3 days after the schedule is announced in mid April, so my Club seats to the Bears were gone by maybe mid May.

Start earlier my friend, and expect to pay face, or slightly less if you are a good guy and have bought before,. I got face for my Club seats to that game.

Just understand, us holders who are looking to sell a seat or two are on it a few months ago. Contact me 2-3 days after next years schedule is released to see if I have any tickets as I will have my plans set, hotels booked, and restaurant reservations made if allowed to do it that early.....hotels do, restaurants usually hold to 90 days out unless you are booking a event like a wedding or anniversay party.

Phooey. Thanks for the info, that's helpful. Just curious, what does a club seat cost?

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Have you tried the ticket exchange on Ticketmaster? You might luck out with good seats at a fair price, starting at around $29.00. I got tickets for the Lions game through this site for a reasonable rate.

"My opinions and feelings are mine and shall not be influenced by anyone....especially liberals."
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I was able to get 11th row tickets in the Dawg Pound over the weekend. Paid $90 for each which is fine with me.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Unfortunately, I can't wait. My brother travels a lot and his schedule is unpredicatble. I'm getting them tomorrow so he has plenty of notice and can try to clear his schedule for it. Plus, if he ends up having to travel for business, I can have enough of a notice to try and sell them and get some of my money back. I'm fine with eating a little money as long as I know the tickets is a sure thing.

Go to the game anyway. You can try to sell the one when you are there. Scalpers are usually looking for tickets. That, or go to the seat with a empty seat next to you. I have done that before, and it has benefits. It's nice to have some elbow room on one side of you, and you can choose on where to sit. On one side you might have some big dude whos belly blubber hangs over the seat handle and on the other you might have a really nice looking woman who you somehow know is looking at you and wants to talk.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Go to the game anyway. You can try to sell the one when you are there. Scalpers are usually looking for tickets. That, or go to the seat with a empty seat next to you. I have done that before, and it has benefits. It's nice to have some elbow room on one side of you, and you can choose on where to sit. On one side you might have some big dude whos belly blubber hangs over the seat handle and on the other you might have a really nice looking woman who you somehow know is looking at you and wants to talk.

HAHAHAHA!!! Excellent insight.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Are you trying to imply that if it's a really cold December game you should choose to sit next to the fat guy to keep warm?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Well that explains why people want to sit next to me

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Anybody looking to unload 2 tickets for the Browns/Bears December 15 game?

Link Copied to Clipboard