Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That's too bad, I heard he just got a new ride too.

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
D
Legend
Legend
D
He surely is rolling up his chances. Some may be rolled up so tight, they won't have a chance to lit up and burn...

Legend
Legend
I knew he didn't have blazing speed, but I expected him to really work well on the grass this year.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Leas a horse to water and drown him if he is a danger to you or just too stoopid to drink as needed. What do you call a receiver what doesn't? Hope he is OK, but help your helpers.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
puff puff pass

Why is it that the Browns can get the first two right and not the second one?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

... get the first two right and not the second one?

Yogi, is that you?...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
Legend
Legend
D
Okay, the weed pokes-n-jokes seems to be over, so I will ask this question... seriously:

Do you really think this "family issue" caused and was associated with the amount of drops we've witnessed from Bess? My answer/theory is... no. In association to that - I think the man earned his release.

I want people that can play, and he's the worst example b/c he's suppose to be the sure handed, savvy "veteran" - and what he turned out to be is a head case who is far from sure handed and only savvy on a slim-to-none bases...

Legend
Legend
From my standpoint, I don't think any one of us can say for sure what's been going on and what has caused his play to decline this year. I think we need to have someone who is better in place before we can think about dropping someone.

He had a down season, to be sure, but he still contributed. We only had 4 wins this year, and he made a pretty big contribution to what I'd argue was our biggest (vs. Baltimore). Let's get someone who we can rely to make an impact before we ditch Bess. JMO.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I agree. Plus, I don't understand why people are so quick to dismiss someone who has done it before. He has a track record of being a pretty good possession receiver. It seems people like to jump the gun and assume he sucks rather than just having a down year. I think the more probable explanation is he had a down year, and I think his track record supports that.

Now someone like Little, for example, has never done anything. He didn't have a down year. He had a normal year.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Not to sound trite, but I think that is a decision that the front office will have to make, and they have far more information on which to base that decision. They also have an off-season to see where things lead.

If this family situation remains unresolved, then I have a hard time seeing the Browns bringing him back. If his family situation is resolved, then he stands a chance of, at least, competing for a job.

Regardless, I don't think that the team will rely on him as heavily (or exclusively) as they did this year. The old "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" axion would seem to apply.

He might come back as the 4th/5th receiver, with a chance to prove himself again ...... but then again, he could just as easily be released.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Is posting a pic on Instagram of himself smoking a lefty going to get him suspended?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Is posting a pic on Instagram of himself smoking a lefty going to get him suspended?

I think he has to fail a drug test first. Can you look at that pic and say what he's really lighting?

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

The old "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" axion would seem to apply.

I agree with what you said, other than this part.

I think you got the saying wrong. Here's how it goes:

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Now someone like Little, for example, has never done anything. He didn't have a down year. He had a normal year.

Good post, as was the one above that. No denying what Bess accomplished beforehand and yes, perhaps... I am being too judgmental honestly.

And as YTown said, if he is here next season - put him on the low and FORCE him to work his way upward. With the evidence I seen, he has some work to do and some challenges ahead if that's the route taken to earn a roster spot. I won't be upset at all if he isn't around next season though either. If he is, then I expect night and day difference. Night and day difference is really what needs to happen if he suites up again next year for us.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Can you look at that pic and say what he's really lighting?

I'm pretty sure its not a Camel non-filter.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I have always loved that quote by W.

I think most of the recent posters have it right. No need to be hasty here. The guy has proven himself to be reliable over the years. It would be dumb to cut him now. Also, his coach and some teammates said things that he was dealing w/a serious family issue and how it obviously adversely affected him.

I hope he gets another shot. I saw too many positive things over the years to cut him now. He at least deserves to be brought in and compete for a job.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

From my standpoint, I don't think any one of us can say for sure what's been going on and what has caused his play to decline this year. I think we need to have someone who is better in place before we can think about dropping someone.

He had a down season, to be sure, but he still contributed. We only had 4 wins this year, and he made a pretty big contribution to what I'd argue was our biggest (vs. Baltimore). Let's get someone who we can rely to make an impact before we ditch Bess. JMO.

Did I miss something, was Bess released?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
What would make you think that from what Steve said? Look at this part:

Quote:

I think we need to have someone who is better in place before we can think about dropping someone.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Did I miss something, was Bess released?

Several posters are saying they hope he's punched his ticket out of town. I thought it was a bit hasty until we have something we can be confident is better.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Can you look at that pic and say what he's really lighting?

I'm pretty sure its not a Camel non-filter.

I'm sure it was non-filter but I never saw a camel cigarette that color, but I was a marlboro man.

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
lol... you guys.

C'mon. Who lights a cigarette up like that? Has the Jamaican colors all over. Bob Marley poster right there in the pic...

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
It's easy to jump to conclusions,especially after looking at that picture.But you guys are looking at the tree,not the forest.
The guy's a Rastafarian,hence the flag and the Marley photo.While ganja does play a small part in some of the religious traditions,there are other possible explanations for what's going on there.
I'm hardly an expert,but I assume this religion,like all others,has it's normal people and it's zealots,and I'll assume,again,that most of the normals don't partake.
A religion that advocates love,peace,charity,reggae,reefer,beef and pork,man,sign me up.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

lol... you guys.

C'mon. Who lights a cigarette up like that? Has the Jamaican colors all over. Bob Marley poster right there in the pic...

Everyone knows what he was smoking.

The point was, the NFL can't suspend him for it, because technically it could have been something else, you can't just assume and hand out a suspension.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You're right. Gordon didn't get into trouble for posting that pic of him w/the pipe and pill bottle after he was suspended. And he didn't get into trouble for posting the drunken video of him and Little, either.

With that said, what possesses these guys to post such things?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
People do a lot of stupid stuff online these days. Athletes don't hold a monopoly on stupid.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

P
Legend
Legend
P
But it appears some have purchased Boardwalk and Park Avenue.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

But it appears some have purchased Boardwalk and Park Avenue.

Haven't we all though?

Well, maybe not Boardwalk or Park Avenue, but perhaps a few of the seedier properties, like Baltic Avenue and James Place.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Jets 24 Bess Excused From Practices For "Serious Family Issue"

Link Copied to Clipboard