Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
O
web page
I'm rarely on the same page as Ridenour but her thoughts contain plenty of merit. Our QB's, running backs, linebackers, wide receivers, offensive line, and pass rush suck. We're good beyond that, though.

Ohio.com > Sports > Cleveland Browns >
Marla Ridenour: Ten things I would do if I were Browns’ general manager

By Marla Ridenour
Beacon Journal sports columnist

The Browns spent 2013 building for 2014, whether the front office will admit it.

The philosophy became evident during the NFL Draft in April and continued throughout the season as CEO Joe Banner and General Manager Mike Lombardi failed to plug personnel holes for coach Rob Chud­zinski before firing him Dec. 29.

Now that 2014 is upon us, here’s what I would do if I were the Browns’ general manager. My list does not include anything relating to the ongoing coaching search.

1. Sign Alex Mack. The five-year veteran center becomes a free agent March 11 and will command a salary higher than Banner and Lombardi believe is fitting for the position. But in Mack’s case, I wouldn’t care. He’s never missed a game since being selected 21st overall in 2009. He’s played for three coaches, yet remained consistent. He’s been selected to two Pro Bowls, including this season. He was the highest-rated center in the AFC and fourth in the NFL by ProFootballFocus.com and was chosen second team All-Pro by the Associated Press. The Browns could move left guard John Greco to center, which might have been one reason he received a five-year contract extension in July, but he’s never been more than an emergency fill-in. Creating another question mark at the second-most important spot on the offensive line would provide another worry for the new coach. I’d sign Mack (providing he’s amenable to staying), no matter what it costs.

2. Franchise T.J. Ward. I wasn’t a huge fan of Ward during his early career, believing the strong safety should be a game-changer in the mold of Troy Polamalu. I find it hard to believe Ward has only five forced fumbles in four years, none in 2013. But Ward turned in arguably his best season. He finished second on the team in tackles with a career-high 129 and tied his career best with two interceptions, one for a touchdown, and returned a fumble 51 yards. ProFootballFocus.com rated Ward the third-best safety, No. 1 against the run and No. 12 against the pass, after ranking him sixth overall in 2012. A franchise tag (the average of the five highest salaries at his position, reportedly about $8 million for 2014) would be far cheaper than tagging Mack (because those five salaries include left tackles).

3. Draft a quarterback in the first round. In recent days, I’ve considered using the No. 4 pick on South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney. He would instantly give the Browns a pass rush not seen since the early ’90s. But his questionable motor and work ethic worries me, even with his rare combination of size, strength and athleticism. That would also mean using the first-round pick acquired from the Indianapolis Colts in the Trent Richardson deal on a quarterback or trying to trade up from there. The Colts’ spot will not be determined until they are eliminated from the playoffs, but it will be no higher than 21st. The best quarterbacks in recent years have been selected in the top four, but the Green Bay Packers tabbed Aaron Rodgers 24th in 2005. I’d forget Clowney and trade up for the St. Louis Rams’ No. 2 choice, which according to the Draft Value Chart would cost a second-, third- and seventh-rounder this year. Instead of dealing those picks, I’d strongly consider giving up a first-rounder in 2015, using this draft as the linchpin of the franchise’s turnaround. Already irrelevant, the Browns must find the quarterback of the future before the fan base bails.

4. Cut/trade Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell and add another quarterback. Weeden’s $1.12 million base salary for 2014 seems a bargain for a big-armed backup who would benefit from a change of scenery. Campbell has another year left on his contract, but clearly doesn’t possess the toughness or leadership to match his decent 2013 statistics. He’s due a $250,000 roster bonus in March, according to Rotoworld.com. With 10 draft picks, including seven in the first four rounds, the Browns have the ammunition to draft two quarterbacks. NFLDraftScout.com projects Jimmy Garoppolo of Eastern Illinois as a third-round pick. If he moves up, I would target Ohio State’s Kenny Guiton, a better passer and better leader than Braxton Miller. There’s also the possibility of going after a young quarterback like the New England Patriots’ Ryan Mallett or the Washington Redskins’ Kirk Cousins in a trade or through free agency. I’d save those dollars/draft picks for other needs.

5. Upgrade the linebacking corps. I highly respect D’Qwell Jackson, but based on last season’s performance the Browns might not have a linebacker who could start on a Super Bowl contender. Paul Kruger was a free-agent bust, managing just 4.5 sacks after signing a five-year, $40 million deal. His sack total was one less than Jabaal Sheard, who made the transition from defensive end and missed three games with a knee injury. First-round pick Barkevious Mingo was a situational pass rusher who had a sack in each of the first three games and finished with five. He must bulk up and develop more moves. Jackson and Craig Robertson lack speed and played below average nearly half the season, according to ProFootballFocus.com. On that site, Jackson tied for 43rd among 3-4 inside linebackers, while Robertson was 52nd. This position needs major attention.

6. Use the second-round pick on a pass rusher. I’d go quarterback and wide receiver in the first round and take a pass rusher in the second round. If Buffalo’s Khalil Mack is there, I’d jump at him, even if the Browns switch back to a 4-3 defense. Mack consistently showed up against Ohio State’s top-flight offensive line on Aug. 31.

7. Find a starting running back. The Texans’ Ben Tate could be an option in free agency, but the Browns also have two third-round picks. This might seem low to some, but the league’s devaluation of the position could drop OSU’s Carlos Hyde into round two, so there will be talented backs available at the top of the third round. I’d get one who’s also a threat in the passing game.

8. Cut Greg Little and Davone Bess. Bess’ 14 dropped passes and undisclosed off-the-field issue (including his Instagram ramblings) are bizarre. Little is a physical specimen who loves to block, but isn’t reliable. The Browns need speed, and they can’t rely on injury-prone Travis “The Rabbit” Benjamin. Even with other issues, I would take a receiver in the first and third rounds. The Browns devoted all their assets to defense in 2013; this year, they need to go to the offense.

9. Develop a special-teams core. The constant flux at the bottom of the roster played havoc with the coverage teams, along with the season-ending ankle injury to special teams captain Quentin Groves. This area can’t be an afterthought with the next coaching staff or front office. There’s no better illustration than Fozzy Whittaker’s confusion on what to do on the onside kick at New England.

10. Find better starting guards. The Browns could compound their problem here by letting Mack go and moving Greco. But even if Mack stays, the Browns need an upgrade over right guard Shawn Lauvao. They could already have him in Garrett Gilkey, a seventh-round pick in 2013. Jason Pinkston could also make strides in the offseason after missing the final 10 games in 2012 with a life-threatening blood clot. The Browns could be disillusioned with right tackle Mitchell Schwartz and move him inside, but I’d wait another year and sign or draft one or two guards.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Legend
Legend
1. absolutely sign him, big money, long term. nothing really to discuss.

2. no. you sign his ass long term too. he is a pro bowl alternate, and rated the 3rd best safety? why wouldn't you resign that. i have a problem with people

A) thinking like they can easily find a replacement for ward.
B) fans of a losing team thinking they can judge good talent. ward is being praised by coaches, players, NATIONAL media, not the local media like some posters try to make a big deal out of. you sign your good players, not create more holes.

3. no brainer. the only question is do we trade up, or hope one of the big 3 falls at #4.

4. cut weeden. keep campbell. you have the rookie, hoyer hopefully starting and campbell is still the better veteran presence.

5. this all depends on if we are swapping to the 4-3 as rumors suggest. even still, i don't get all the crap DQ is taking. this guy is a BEAST. and a natural leader. i think we should find an upgrade of robertson, yes, and more coverage type of OLB for depth.

6. no, we have enough "pass" rushers. its time the O got some work in the draft. if we don't trade up, and we get a QB at #4, our second 1st round pick needs to go toward a guard or a WR, and vise versa for the 2nd round pick that can play opposite of Gordon.

7. i rather us draft a RB, imo. i think lewis, baker, and whatever rookie we draft will be fine. as long as well get some competent guards in the 1st/2nd round or in FA.

8. keep bess. little can go.

9. we have a ST core, imo. but groves went down, so did benji, and that left bademosi, who is good. we just need to hope the injury bugs stays out, completely fluke scenarios.

10. this needs to be moved from the #10 spot to the # 4, with everything else moving down. we need TWO gaurds, imo grecco isn't good enough. there should be plenty of FA's we could pick up that are upgrades, and also finding them in the draft.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quite frankly, I'm in agreement with Marla, with the exception of the Tag for TJ Ward. I'd flat out sign him.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
D
Legend
Legend
D
Not bad... going to have to agree with most Marla's comments with exception of the guard. Yes, I think Shawn could be upgraded, but we need a qualified right tackle more-so than we need a guard IMO.

Schwartz sucks. Bottom line. He gets manhandled by lesser ends/outside backs, and literally destroyed by quality ends/backs. Camerion Wake, for example, destroyed Schwartz. Like man vs boy type destruction.

Prefer to see a QB and WR taking in the first round (or just a QB if we deal any) and a right tackle gobbled up in the second, JMO.

Legend
Legend
1. Agree..

2. Sign him,, pay the man

3. Sure, draft one in the 1st if the guy you want is there when you pick, but don't give up the ship to get someone.

4. Agree, Cut weeden, keep campbell but bring another vet in to compete with him for the back up spot. As of this moment, Hoyer would start. that could easily change if we land a lionking at QB in the 1st.

5. Oh BULL.. DQ is a starter, Kruger isn't a bust. Sheard did a pretty good job. Jury is out on Mingo, but we'll see. Robertson might be the weak link,, that might need help.

6. Not sure of her choice of pass rusher, but if there is one there you like, sure, why not.

7. Yup, we need a starting RB. I don't care where they find him. Just don't get us one that needs Geritol

8. Someone will give you something for Little, I'd try trading first. Bess, I just don't know what to think with him. Solid in Miami, comes here and basically flops. But yeah, he might have to go. I don't know if you can get anything for him.

9. I suspect that Groves will be back next year. I would think that the bottom of your roster is where most of the flux should be. Not sure I understand her thinking..

10.We should always be looking to upgrade any position, including those along the Oline. So I guess I agree with her.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

believing the strong safety should be a game-changer in the mold of Troy Polamalu

This is ridiculous. Troy P might be the GOAT SS. Absurd to expect other guys to play like him and it's an insult to Troys greatness to think everyone can do it.

Someone is smoking crack rocks if they think Mack slips in to the 2nd round. Let guys develop.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As far as her mentioning the special teams and losing Quinton Groves... I still feel Travis Benjamin was a factor.... And yes I seen her mention the Rabbit in line 8...

And not to be a homer... But Carlos Hyde would be a back I would give some consideration to.

Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
Quote:

might not have a linebacker who could start on a Super Bowl contender.

I hate comments like these too. People like to promote players on Super Bowl teams to mythical status and act like every player on said team is a pro bowler. The Giants, Packers and Saints had mediocre at best LB play. Ray Lewis sucked last year.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

might not have a linebacker who could start on a Super Bowl contender.

I hate comments like these too. People like to promote players on Super Bowl teams to mythical status and act like every player on said team is a pro bowler. The Giants, Packers and Saints had mediocre at best LB play. Ray Lewis sucked last year.

it's especially funny when one of our starting LBers happened to start for a Super Bowl winner the season before

#gmstrong
O
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
O
I'm not down on Kruger. I never envisioned him coming here as a 10-sack guy. He's a solid all-around 3-4 OLB who is stout against the run, can play all over the field, and gives us some rush ability. He's a complimentary rusher who excels when he has a good guy opposite him who can create a little havoc, and as of right now we don't have a monster over there. I thought Kruger did his job. Too many people feel the need to judge his production against his paycheck. Doesn't work that way in real life due to the physics of free agency. So what about the guys opposite Kruger? Sheard? Decent, but weak in coverage. That isn't unexpected for a guy in his first year in the 3-4, but I'd expected more disruption from him. Mingo? All speed, no moves, pathetic physicality. His 5 sacks look okay on paper but he was, to me, a disappointment. Need him to turn into a man next year. Badly.

Can't compare Ward to Polly. That means she expects him to be a HOF player before he gets her stamp of approval. Sounds like a board-poster, not a published columnist. I do agree that it's shocking he doesn't create more forced fumbles. That may be an anomaly. Tagging him is fine but I'd rather sign him to a decent extension. As badly overrated I believe him to be, and as critical as I've been with his sad pass coverage and iffy tackling fundamentals, I view him as part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Our guards stink, though the board has been slow to recognize it. I fully agree on signing Mack. It wouldn't hurt me to see him be the highest paid center in the league, though he isn't. He's not very physical but he's a rock for us. Pay the man.

Assuming Benjamin makes it all the way back, he's a great piece for us. He was never intended on being a starter. He's an elite return man who can do damage as a role-player in passing situations. I believe her criticism is to accentuate the fact we need a starting WR. I'd give Bess another chance because his history shows he's been a very good player within his role. Cutting him seems like a bad over-reaction. The only possible use I have for Greg Little would be to bulk him up and turn him into a hybrid TE/H-back because he sucks as a WR but is great at blocking. I know that's a radical idea that won't happen but that's the only chance I see of him continuing to bring us value.

I fully agree that my dream scenario would be a QB and a WR with our two 1st rounders.

I believe we gotta get a veteran RB to start, not some 3rd rounder. This year should have shown people that it's not as easy as it looks to get truly good RB play. Hoping to land a mid-round rookie and just plug him in is risky.

Robertson has been exposed as a backup. No shame in that. He overachieved just getting to where he did. Jackson is decent but not a difference maker and didn't have a great year. He's nearing the end. I fully expect him to be asked to take a pay-cut and if he doesn't he's out.

Much rides on if we switch to the 4-3 as a base, which would not make me happy. I don't think there's a position for Mingo if we're not running the 3-4. He's a poor tackler in space and isn't physical enough to man the D-line as a DE.

Weeden is gone. That's a given. Campbell and Hoyer should stay. I was a huge pimp of Cousins as a mid-round guy buy anyone who thinks he's worth a 1st rounder needs to get their head checked. I'd noted last year that he and RG3 were in a great spot as that offense was running on all cylinders, and I liked Cousins because he came from a pro-style offense in college. This year as the offense started to break down his game got exposed somewhat. Maybe in a few years he'll develop into a great starter but he, like Hoyer, are poor bets if a team goes into the season banking on them being franchise QB's. I don't even like the idea of Mallett, though I must admit I have nothing on tape to go from. He may be ready to bust out. Who knows? But I'd rather draft one of the top-tiered 1st rounders. Hell, if I'm being honest, I'd love to steal Boyd if he managed to fall to the 3rd round.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
1. Agreed

2. I’m 50/50 on this one. Attempt a long term deal with him, don’t just franchise him. Not sure he’s worth anywhere near $8m.

3. This is completely short sighted and just plain not smart. UNLESS, you have 2 QBs that are far above the rest of your board or if the 1 you you have at the top of the board falls to #2. Otherwise, stand pat and see if the second falls to you at #4. If we were a QB away from being a contender, then I might feel differently, but we’re not…

4. I’d like to know why Campbell “clearly doesn’t possess the toughness or leadership to match his decent 2013 statistics”. He did it in 2013, what happened in the last 2 weeks that he lost it??? I like Garoppolo, and I suspect he’ll end up going in the late 2nd or early 3rd. Some GM will fall in love with his quick release. Guiton, is he even projected to be drafted? Will he align with the new coaches offensive philosophy? Will Mallett or Cousins? Another short sighted comment from her.

5. If we stick with a 3-4, I completely disagree outside of Robertson, and maybe someone young to backup Jackson until he’s ready to take over. Per OLB, one year does not make a bust – Kruger had nobody that the opponents worried about, so they likely keyed on him all season.

6. Khalil Mack is unliikey to be there, but even if he is – will he fit the defensive scheme? Yet another short sighted comment from her. Lets fix the guard play first, there will likely be 2 top tier guards available at that point – Yankey, Richardson, or Martin.

7. Yes, but not early – the NFL has proven that it is best to wait. I’ll admit I was wrong on Trent…not that she’s suggesting taking someone with early in the 1st. There are plenty of good backs that will be available in the 4th-6th round. Take on there, though I’d like Hyde in the 3rd if he were there.

8. Keep Little, he’s not expensive. I’m ok with cutting Bess. Two words on WR – Sammy Watkins. I can’t see my mind changing on him (barring something huge) – he’s the only player I’d consider at #4 unless Bridgewater were to drop…that is if he even lasts to #4.

9. Sure, common sense.

10. One of the top 4 priorities in the offseason in my opinion (along with QB, WR, ILB). Take one with the 2nd first or in the 2nd if one of the 3 I’ve already mentioned are available. Or if they’re not thinking Schwartz is an RT, take one 2nd first or in the 2nd and move him inside.

Legend
Legend
1. I agree up to a point, if he wants to sign. I'd offer him the average of the top 5 center contracts in the NFL. Maybe top 3 if it's less than a 10% difference in cost.

2. I think the franchise tag might be the right way to go with Ward from both sides, as I don't think he'll want to be back if Haden doesn't re-up anyways. Probably giving him what he wants on a one-year, high-dollar deal. I expect he would stay motivated in that scenario.

3. If I could get up to 2 for 1 + 2 + 3 + 7 I'd do it in a heartbeat. If I couldn't (which I don't think I could) and one of my top 3 guys was there at 4 (which I don't think will happen) I would take the guy at 4.

4. Yes. If they're looking to add a second through the draft late, I'd look at Casey Pachall from TCU or Chase Rettig from Boston College. Rettig's Got a strong arm and good athleticism. I've talked about what I think of Pachall on here before. Though, I'd rather get a vet backup that doesn't cost a draft pick when we're talking about a third string guy. Or a UDFA.

5. Yep again. Shayne Skov in the 3rd and Preston Brown in the 6th would be awesome. I think Brown (LB #2 from Louisville) is being way undersold in this draft. I'd draft him in the 5th, but I'm reserving that pick for OC Linsley from Ohio State. Brown played an awesome bowl game vs. Miami. He does guess sometimes, though. Of course, this is contingent on us staying in a 3-4.

6. No. No, no, no. First of all, no way is Khalil Mack there. I don't think there's really a lump of guys there in the second to pick from as a pass rusher. Should be ideal time for a WR, though, or maybe a corner or TE if we already took a WR.

7. I agree. Bishop Sankey, Lache Seastrunk, Carlos Hyde, Terrance West, Adam Muema... I'd be fine with any of those guys. Much cheaper than a FA RB worth signing. Only excpetion for me would be Chris Johnson. Best thing the team can do for it's running game IMO is improve run blocking, though. Too bad there's no Cordy Glenn or Brandon Brooks in this draft.

8. Sure. Once they've established they have something better. Why not.

9. This doesn't mean much to me. Why not just say "no more injuries"?

10. Agreed above.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I’d sign Mack (providing he’s amenable to staying), no matter what it costs.

I'm not sure that he is.

I'd be willing to bet heavily on the fact that one of the players ripping the front office in those texts to Silver was Alex Mack.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

I'm not down on Kruger. I never envisioned him coming here as a 10-sack guy. He's a solid all-around 3-4 OLB who is stout against the run, can play all over the field, and gives us some rush ability. He's a complimentary rusher who excels when he has a good guy opposite him who can create a little havoc, and as of right now we don't have a monster over there. I thought Kruger did his job. Too many people feel the need to judge his production against his paycheck. Doesn't work that way in real life due to the physics of free agency. So what about the guys opposite Kruger? Sheard? Decent, but weak in coverage. That isn't unexpected for a guy in his first year in the 3-4, but I'd expected more disruption from him. Mingo? All speed, no moves, pathetic physicality. His 5 sacks look okay on paper but he was, to me, a disappointment. Need him to turn into a man next year. Badly.

I've always felt Kruger will be better as our defense gets better. I never thought he would be some focal point of our defense. Forget the contract. If we can get good players around him, he'll be good, and nobody will complain. Does he make more than he probably should? Yes, and welcome to the pro sports free agency where everyone is overpaid. It's the price of doing business.

We need more speed at ILB, we need Mingo to take a big step, and I think the front 7 will be fine. They were great in the first half of the year. We had a pass rush and we were stopping the run. Something was working at that point.

Legend
Legend
So her draft looks like this:

1a. QB (by her plan, this costs us our 1st in 2015 as well)
1b. WR
2. DE/OLB (Pass Rusher)
3a. WR
3b. RB
4. QB

Big into the skill positions isn't she... And based on this, I assume she is not a BPA kind of gal...

And outside of that she wants to add at least one more OG and another LB or 2 (presumably in FA)

Changes I would make using her logic.. I would swap out the second WR pick for an OG... With Gordon in place and using a 25ish pick on a WR, at that point you are looking for a #3 or 4 WR.. we have Cooper, Benjamin, or you can find that WR in FA.. You can generally find a pretty good value OG in the 3rd round.

I'd swap out the 4th round QB for an ILB or another OG... we'll have Hoyer, we might have Campbell (I know in her scenario he is gone).. but I don't get the point in drafting another QB project when you can find better value at other positions.. OGs come from nowhere, if I'm going to draft for depth or a guy that needs developed, I'm looking at OG again.

One other thing, she doesn't even mention the CB position... I like Skrine, I'm still unsure about McFadden.. so I would consider another CB with one of those 3rd or 4th round picks as well.. in today's NFL, you can't have too many good CBs....

yebat' Putin
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
The Browns just embarrassed themselves going back on their own continuity plan because they say they want to win so badly. Now they need to prove it!
Make Mack the highest paid center in the league TODAY. He's earned it. The Browns have the most cap space in the league. If they lose Mack trying to save a few cap bucks on an average of top three, this organization is a joke
Nobody's all that thrilled with castoff Greco at guard why do they think he'd be able to replace a pro bowl center? Now is the time to put up or shut up.

Ward kinda the same thing. I can see franchise tagging if thats what it takes. He's had an injury history but... they can't let him walk.
I'm drawn to the Browns like a moth to a flame but why should fans spend money on the team if the team won't spend money on the team? Will they ever spend to keep good players? What better way to prove to players and fans they are serious about winning than showing good players the money? Haslam said, talk is cheap. If they let Mack and Ward walk,so are the Browns

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I would be a little shocked if Mack re-signs here.

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Quote:

I would be a little shocked if Mack re-signs here.

The only reason he wouldn't is if he is disappointed about the coaching situation. He already said (and didn't need to say anything) that the Browns would get to match any offer he receives. That means he isn't already thinking he wants to be anywhere else but in Cleveland. He just wants to be paid what his market value is. He did say that before Chud was unexpectedly fired though.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

He did say that before Chud was unexpectedly fired though.

Like I said...I have little doubt that he was one of the guys ripping the organization to Silver.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Any proof of that, or is it just a gut feeling?

Just wondering if it like how so many people were certain that McDaniels was going to be our next HC and we were just pretending to do our due diligence?

N
Legend
Legend
N
I doubt there is proof but Mack has been a named source to Silver on a few occasions in the past. They are friends (Silver befriended him when he was at Cal). And, Mack has very little to lose as he controls his destiny from here (even if the FO figures it was him and wants him gone, he doesn't worry about being cut as he's a FA).

It's a pretty logical conclusion.

#gmstrong
C
All Pro
All Pro
C
I still think McDaniels will get the job. Just a hunch.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

Quote:

He did say that before Chud was unexpectedly fired though.

Like I said...I have little doubt that he was one of the guys ripping the organization to Silver.

It has long been rumored even going back to last year that Mack is not long on Cleveland.

I will be shocked if he is a Brown next year.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Silver and Mack are friends.

He's been a source for just about every piece Silver's done on the Browns.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I will be shocked if he is a Brown next year.

me too...sadly

D
Legend
Legend
D
+ 2

Mack wants out like an innocent person behind bars does... and unfortunately, I can't blame him. If the front office does ink him up, I will be extremely shocked but in a good way!

D
DG Offline
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
Everyone wants out of this mess...Paul Brown is spinning in his grave.

Marla R. forgot number 11. Dump the three stooges and get a new owner.

We are currently paying $49 million in salary to past coaches. That will kill any chances of getting quality players or coaches. The end is near for Haslam and that day we will begin to build.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Everyone wants out of this mess...Paul Brown is spinning in his grave.

Marla R. forgot number 11. Dump the three stooges and get a new owner.

We are currently paying $49 million in salary to past coaches. That will kill any chances of getting quality players or coaches. The end is near for Haslam and that day we will begin to build.

Why would 49 million affect anything? That is not a lot of money to someone worth billions, plus it is spread over multiple years. Money will not be the reason we stink. The ability to attract and maintain great players due to other reasons will be the issue IMO. I'm still very skeptical of this FO, but I do think they are trying to do what they feel is in the best interest of building a winner. Are they right? Who knows.

#gmstrong
D
DG Offline
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
I know...they will never win and we just have to admit it.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Marla Ridenour: Ten things I would do if I were the Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard