Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
2nd String
OP Offline
2nd String
Atlanta Falcons fans should not hold out hope for Tony Gonzalez to put his retirement on hold in 2014.

CBS Sports announced Tuesday that Gonzalez has been hired as an analyst for "The NFL Today" pregame show.

"Having just stepped off the playing field, Tony brings a fresh and insightful perspective," CBS Sports chairman Sean McManus said. "As a future Hall of Famer, we are excited for him to share his knowledge, experiences and opinions with our viewers. Tony was one of the most respected and hardworking players in the NFL and a tremendous teammate. We look forward to him bringing these attributes to CBS Sports."

Disappointed in their failure to make up ratings ground on rival Fox, CBS Sports has parted ways with Dan Marino and Shannon Sharpe. The two Hall of Famers have combined for 22 years as CBS analysts.

The cast of "The NFL Today" now will be comprised of Gonzalez, James Brown, Boomer Esiason and Bill Cowher.

We applaud CBS' decision to shake things up. It was long overdue on a pregame show that had spiraled into an unending loop of staleness years ago.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000326370/article/tony-gonzalez-hired-for-cbs-football-coverage

I'm glad Sharpe is gone. Hopefully Gonzalez is a good addition.

Legend
Legend
they should improve their presentation. FOX's presentation and lighting and graphics have been a decade ahead of CBS since they got Sunday football. Seriously it feels like you're watching the 80s on CBS.

N
Legend
Legend
N
don't worry Dan, everyone will always remember you for this exchange:

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

they should improve their presentation. FOX's presentation and lighting and graphics have been a decade ahead of CBS since they got Sunday football. Seriously it feels like you're watching the 80s on CBS.

Maybe I'm just a boring old fart now, but I always thought Fox's presentation was kiddy like and immature with the robot dancing around with a football.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Great, now hopefully the other networks can improve their shows as well. Let me help them:

NFL Network - Get rid of Michael Irvin.
FOX - Stay like it is. Not good, but the best.
ESPN - Fire everyone currently involved. A rebuilding project is in serious order.

Legend
Legend
I loved watching Marino play, if the Phins were on tv, I was watching.

I hated watching Marino as a talking head.

Sharpe, I could never understand the guy.

I still won't watch CBS but good luck Gonzo.

#GMSTRONG
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:

Great, now hopefully the other networks can improve their shows as well. Let me help them:

NFL Network - Get rid of Michael Irvin.
FOX - Stay like it is. Not good, but the best.
ESPN - Fire everyone currently involved. A rebuilding project is in serious order.

I support the firing of everybody involved in ESPN's shows. That channel has seriously gone downhill over the years. Or maybe I just mistakenly thought it was good at one point.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't really watch any of them. The only one I watch to any degree is Ditka. We share a personality type and I love how he starts talking so fast he can't get out the words at the end. LOL.

Marino and Sharpe....both dull and a bit dimwitted IMO.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
I highly dislike Sharpe. I think he's a horrible announcer. He stutters way too much and has an annoying, loud voice and it irritates me.

I liked Dan though, sad to see him go. I like NFL Today over other pregame show ordeals.

2nd String
OP Offline
2nd String
I agree. NFL Today is my favorite too. I'm glad Shannon is gone but I would rather see Boomer gone than Dan.

Legend
Legend
Always thought that Sharpe was a bit on the arrogant side, but I liked Marino?

On another front, it's been reported that Jimmy Haslam has Purchased CBS

Just kiddin

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
I like watching Marino!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
j/c
They fire these guys but ESPN keeps Keyshawn? LOL He has to be the worst of all the TV guys.

I didn't like Marino, don't like Boomer either but didn't care one way or the other on Sharpe.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Good move.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

I don't really watch any of them. The only one I watch to any degree is Ditka. We share a personality type and I love how he starts talking so fast he can't get out the words at the end. LOL.

Marino and Sharpe....both dull and a bit dimwitted IMO.

I don't watch either. I usually stream KNR or 92.3 for local info. I find those pregame shows worthless since up-to-the-minute fantasy information is available via twitter.

I can't believe Chris Berman is still a thing though. Does ESPN not realize how horrible he is?

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Gonzalez in, Sharpe and Marino out on CBS

Link Copied to Clipboard