Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
I wouldn't read-in too much at the not attending of the Pro Day and such. Chances are they've already done their homework on the QBs throughout the year, and may even bring them in for private workouts if they really aren't sure.

CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
If the FO doesn't love a QB at 4, I'd like to see them trade down get another pick or two and grab either Sammy, Mack, Dennard, Clinton-Dix, Evans or Prior. I would be happy with any of these guys with our first pick, especially if we could pick up another 2nd.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
How has free agency changed the draft landscape?

Shaun Lauvao is gone, and just now, Oneil Cousins signs with the Buccaneers.

Hey Haslem! Hey Farmer! Don't be STUPID!

The Offensive line is like the front door to your home! You can't brag about it, but if you don't have one, HOW are you going to SLEEP at night?!!

They really screwed up, Again!!! but, we have to live with it as Browns fans.

Thanks for taking anything half decent and weakening it again! Will this team ever get a clue?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Cousins being gone is a major plus! He showed he couldn't play well when forced too. I am glad he is gone.

V
Legend
Legend
V
It is not a plus. He stunk the first game. He played well the next two. He is what he is.............a back-up.

People seem to forget how long Weeden held the ball. I haven't.

P
Rookie
Rookie
P
Have to disagree with you on Cousins. I thought he was a terrible player. Seemed he was always getting man handled at the point of attack and was playing in quicksand. I could be wrong I am not a OL expert.

Question for you Vers (or any OL guys), I seem to remember you mentioned De La Puente as an option to pick up, (if you didn't my apologies) is he an option to play G and take over at C if Mack signs elsewhere or next year if a long term deal is not reached?

Sorry to hijack the thread with the Cousins talk I thought I would throw that out.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I want to address something, again to Farmer, and Haslem, as I just checked out the news on the Browns websight.

All of the early part of last season, the company line was, blah blah blah, until they get the quarterback situation resolved. It was not a one time thing that this line was spread from the Browns, or second hand from game announcers, it was pretty accepted that the Browns were saying, you can only do so much until they get that quarterback situation resolved.

So today, on the Cleveland Browns websight, they have Vic Carucci, and Nathan Zegura's mock drafts, and they agree, at #4, a Wide Receiver,
Not entirely objectionable, yet still, (the company line is fix the QB, and after you cut Weeden and Campbell, you've got hopes and dreams in this two game backup from last year.)

They haven't addressed QB in any way through free agency, that is what it is, whatever.

But Nathan Zegura and Vic Carucci, at this Cleveland Browns official websight mock draft, Both have a Cornerback, each a different one I think, but both a Cornerback with the Browns 2nd 1st round pick.

Yet the company line last year, was don't expect anything can be done, until they find a competent quarterback.

So why even allow them (Carucci, ad Zegura) to think that you'd even consider a cotton picken, convoluted CB when you have squat for a quarterback?
Do you think quality quarterbacks fall in the draft?

It's so obviously no, I can stop now. Haslem, and Farmer are not that stupid, the fans aren't that stupid, anyone you could have talked to around the league, everyone would have said one thing since day one. Get yourself a top quarterback.

If one would just consider, the value of players by position according to how hard teams try to keep one of their own, then evidence would suggest that since 2010, or even 2008, the three positions with the most value are
Wide Receiver, and Offensive linemen, but that is only after the obvious because there is only one on the field at a time of the most valuable being Quarterback.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I want to address something, again to Farmer, and Haslem, as I just checked out the news on the Browns websight.

All of the early part of l last season, the company line was , blah blah blah, until they get the quarterback situation resolved. It was not a one time thing that this line was spread from the Browns, or second hand from game announcers, it was pretty accepted that the Browns were saying, you can only do so much until they get that quarterback situation resolved.

So today, on the Cleveland Browns websight, they have Vic Carucci, and Nathan Zegura's mock drafts, and they agree, at #4, a Wide Receiver,
Not entirely objectionable, yet still, (the company line is fix the QB, and after you cut Weeden and Campbell, you've got hopes and dreams in this two game backup from last year.)

They haven't addressed QB in any way through free agency, that is what it is, whatever.

But Nathan Zegura and Vic Carucci, at this Cleveland Browns official websight mock draft, Both have a Cornerback, each a different one I think, but both a Cornerback with the Browns 2nd 1st round pick.

Yet the company line last year, was don't expect anything can be done, until they find a competent quarterback.

So why even allow them (Carucci, ad Zegura) to think that you'd even consider a cotton picken, convoluted CB when you have squat for a quarterback?
Do you think quality quarterbacks fall in the draft?

It's so obviously no, I can stop now. Haslem, and Farmer are not that stupid, the fans aren't that stupid, anyone you could have talked to around the league, everyone would have said one thing since day one. Get yourself a top quarterback.

If one would just consider, the value of players by position according to how hard teams try to keep one of their own, then evidence would suggest that since 2010, or even 2008, the three positions with the most value are
Wide Receiver, and Offensive linemen, but that is only after the obvious because there is only one on the field at a time of the most valuable being Quarterback.

Fortunately or unfortunately different people are in the top decision making positions than at this time last year. They have no obligation to approach free agency or the draft in the way we were led to believe the old regime would. Addressing QB or CB for that matter are a question of scheme. In the high stakes endeavor that is running a NFL franchise the FO must do it in a way they see fit. The coaches and their philosophy/scheme is considerably different than the last FO and coaching staff. It's unfair and unrealistic to hold them to a blueprint they didn't create.
The media people are probably mirroring what they believe to be the direction of the franchise as it is now. Not what it was as recently as 3 months ago. They wouldn't be doing their job if they were actively opposing where the team is headed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

I've been thinking that for a while and there was a tweet From Hoyer that I saw personally and that was taken down almost right after . it said something like... glad to we signed tate and he's looking forward to handing the rock off to him all season.

that is another reason I'm super pumped about Sammy glue hands Watkins and believe we will take him to help Hoyer.

posted in another thread

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
I hope it allows them to pick BPA...we need help everywhere so why not..

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
CalDawg Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Some positions more than others. QB, OG, WR2, CB2, ILB & FS just to name my top 6. RB has dropped from the list as a major priority and so has slot WR. I do agree that BPA would be a nice luxury, one that the FO seems to embrace. The FA pickups have helped them move toward that end, but more likely than not need will play a major part in their selections.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Quote:

I hope it allows them to pick BPA...we need help everywhere so why not..

Pretty much what we did.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
T
Legend
Legend
T
I could buy that argument if Haslem had sold the team in the last 6 months, and to a lesser extent if I thought somehow that Farmer was making the final call on player pick ups.
Even so though, Farmer, I believe was on the Browns, last September, in a lesser role and has been promoted, so a complete shift from the plan from last September, (kind of like Crennell, shifting to Kokinis, shifting to Holmgren) , isn't something I see as a .... ... Isn't something I think is going on.

I think the Buck stops with Haslem. But it's only a guess based on what I gather as a fan.

And stopped with Haslem last September, and if that's correct, then , Don't delay on Quarterback!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 How Has FA Changed The Draft Landscape?

Link Copied to Clipboard