Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#866767 03/22/14 03:38 PM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Hey, the official Brown's site has this different, kinda cool draft game. Draft prospects are stocks and their value will fluctuate daily leading up to the draft. All stocks get cashed in during the draft.

Any of you who are interested, I created a league. Suggest that you register with your board username so that we can identify each other. I already created a league for this. Dawg Talkers. At the moment I'm the only player in that league. Give me some company.

The Game is called Play the Draft but I can't seem to create a link to it from this post.

Last edited by guard dawg; 03/22/14 04:25 PM.
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Ok, seem to be having some technical difficulty. I'll try to figure this out and post the solution here.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Ok, I think I have it figured out. I must extend an invitation to anyone who will join the league. To do that I would have to send out an email invitation to grant access.

I don't want to compromise anybody's privacy. And I hope this doesn't violate any dawgtalker board rules.

I created an email address specifically to collect emails from any of you who might want to participate. I would suggest that if you want to play in this league do the same, create or use an email that doesn't breach your privacy.

The email address to send your email so I can invite you is
regularbrotha@mail.com.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I sent an email to Play the Draft tech support. Below was the response I received. Anyone interested can use this information to register instead of sending an email to me. They were cool enough to remove the standard limit of participants so it's unlimited. I am playing the standard game and I suggest that any of you who register do that also. In the private Dawg Talker's league I haven't bought any player stocks yet because that would be unfair to the droves of you, lol , who will be joining the league. Anyway, I will delay building that portfolio until 10 PM tonight to give other's a chance to get in and get invested.

Your league code is:

BB0520F6

As a courtesy, we removed the 15-team limit so that you can invite an unlimited number of your message board members to participate.

You can also embed the following code in a link to invite members into your Dawg Talkers league:

https://playthedraft.herokuapp.com/leagues/dawg-talkers/join

We hope you enjoy playing our game in your community.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Thanks.

I did some nice work on mine.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
bump

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
At one point I was #7 on the draft season contest. Then I had a horrible week and slide down to around 100. I'm crawling back though and am at 30 now.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Anarchy, I see that you've done some nice work. I'm sitting at lucky #13 at the moment. Tell me one thing. Do you day trade your portfolio or are you more a buy and hold guy?

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

At one point I was #7 on the draft season contest. Then I had a horrible week and slide down to around 100. I'm crawling back though and am at 30 now.

I drafted mine and haven't touched them since. I've actually forgotten that it's even there from time to time and to check it. Currently, I was #3 on the list.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Anarchy, I see that you've done some nice work. I'm sitting at lucky #13 at the moment. Tell me one thing. Do you day trade your portfolio or are you more a buy and hold guy?

Well, in the stock market, I wouldn't exactly recommend buying anything that's 'paper'. Just my view. I'd rather deal with hard commodities and physical assets. When it's all said and done, that's what the real end game is.

As for the draft stock market, I bought and held. I haven't touched them since I bought them.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Well, in the stock market, I wouldn't exactly recommend buying anything that's 'paper'. Just my view. I'd rather deal with hard commodities and physical assets. When it's all said and done, that's what the real end game is.

As for the draft stock market, I bought and held. I haven't touched them since I bought them.

Interesting both in terms of the capital markets and your draft strategy.

H
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
H
I wish you could short-sell. I some names that are way over valued.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2014 NFL Season NFL Draft 2014 Draft Stock Game

Link Copied to Clipboard