Print Thread
#870789 04/07/14 09:30 AM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The Chinese Buffet routine is classic!
RIP John...

web]http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2...01404060212]web page[/url]

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 04/07/14 09:31 AM.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
That's incredibly sad. He was hilarious and a great actor as well as comedian. loved his special im starving, he was good in the punisher. good guy, sad day

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I never would have guessed he was 50 years old. I thought late 30s to early 40s.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Man, I love his comedy. RIP John.

Last edited by FreeAgent; 04/07/14 12:15 PM.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Surprises me that they said he died of natural causes. 50 years old and you die of natural causes? I'm not a doctor, but I would have thought that you'd have to be much older to go like that.

Too bad, I listen to comedy on iHeart and Pandora and he's on both quite a bit. Seriously funny guy.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Yeah, I'd believe the natural causes thing if this was 80 years ago...

He was overweight and died of liver and heart disease. What's not to believe?

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Apparently, there's some kind of conspiracy to cover up the true reason for Mr. Pinette's death. Maybe, he's not even really dead.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

Quote:

I was under the impression that natural causes meant that you just passed, not died of something.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I was under the impression that natural causes meant that you just passed, not died of something.

No, everyone dies from something. It just means you died from an illness, or some internal problem. Nothing external caused your death.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Surprises me that they said he died of natural causes. 50 years old and you die of natural causes? I'm not a doctor, but I would have thought that you'd have to be much older to go like that.

Too bad, I listen to comedy on iHeart and Pandora and he's on both quite a bit. Seriously funny guy.

Heart attacks, stroke...those are natural causes...so is cancer, kidney failure etc.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL....What? We all die of something. Nobody dies without something going wrong. As we age the body wears down and sooner or later something finally quits working.

People don't die of old age. They die because a vital body function ceased to work.

Ok...I am not making fun of you. I understand how when you read about passing due to natural causes you usually expect a person with some age....say mid 60's or later....Like Mickey Rooney who was 93.

All humans are different. Barring accidents or self inflicted reasons...real self inflicted reasons like blowing your brains out or drinking quarts of booze a day, drugs, etc....not eating a few too many burgers unless it is to the point you are 320 lbs.

Like it or not, the 50's is a deadly decade for males. It's why we live on average 7-8 years less than women, but those averages are narrowing due to advanced medical procedures. It was always a rule that if you could make it to 60, you were going to narrow the rate as compared to your wife to maybe 2-3 years. That difference is simply because on the average, the healthy, fit male is usually 30 or so lbs heavier than the healthy, fit female. That 30 or so lbs of frame and muscle men carry their whole life has a toll that finally comes due. Womens hearts might be slighty smaller then a man's, but not much. Think of it as hiking in the backcountry. The person who carries a 75 lb pack is a good bet to wear out before the person who carries 40 pounds.

You just never know when your count is up. The human body doesn't come with a 70 year warranty. Some are like John who seemingly got less, and some come like Mickey who seemingly got more.

Just the luck of the draw.....not that one can't improve their odds some by trying to live a healthy lifestyle.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I'm surprised he had liver problems, did he also drink?

He had a good bit about traveling in Italy. And he was the reason the Seinfeld characters got arrested in their final episodes.

Poor guy, wish he'd gotten his health under control before this.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I'm surprised he had liver problems, did he also drink?

He had a good bit about traveling in Italy. And he was the reason the Seinfeld characters got arrested in their final episodes.

Poor guy, wish he'd gotten his health under control before this.

He did play nightclubs a good portion of his life. I'd say there was a pretty good chance he drank to some degree.

That said, I'd say his weight was more of a problem than the drinking. You have to drink a whole lot for a long time for the liver to fail. He looked to be 150 lbs overweight. I'd say diabetes and heart conditions did him in.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I saw him at (of all things) a fitness industry conference about 5 years ago doing some emcee work for a fundraiser, and he actually had shed a good amount of weight...not saying he was svelte by any means, but I bet he had lost 80-100 pounds from the late 90's/early 2000's when he was really large.

Actually saw him back in my college days when he came to BW around '97. Did a stand up routine in the decrepit "old" gymnasium they called the SAC.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Ahhhh the old Student Activity Center....

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... John Pinette passes.

Link Copied to Clipboard