Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#878379 05/03/14 09:30 PM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
To make it so you can see the username you are replying to when trying to reply to a certain post?

So, as a constant reader and random poster, I have noticed that when I want to reply to a specific users post and refer to said person in the post, I am not able to see the name of who I am replying to. With so many unique names on this board, it would be cool to be able to see the user addy of the one you are replying to in order to accurately identify them when replying.

It may already be there and I missed it, but for those like me this would be beneficial I believe.

Just a thought...

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Ugh. Nevermind. I feel like an idiot now. I see where I can see it. All the way at the bottom of the reply page. Sorry for the worthless thread.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
Legend
Legend
The one thing I wish could be changed, but probably cannot, is to keep the post you are replying to constantly available to view until you post your reply.

I'm probably not explaining this right, but it drives me nuts when I make a response, and click "preview", then think to myself, "Self, did you answer all of the questions in that post that you wanted to address?", and I have to answer saying "Self, you know what? I'm not sure." Then I have to open a second window, with the original post in it, and that switching back and forth takes 100% of my attention span and I can no longer enjoy the voices in my head.

If there were a way to keep both the reply box, preview of the reply, and the original post responding to all on the same screen, that would be tremendous, but it would probably take gamma irradiating the board software, and adding cybernetic implants from some extra-dimensional sentient blueberries or something in order to pull that one off. (I figured I'd throw that one in in case any poster wanted a new quote for their signature)

Anyway, since this thread will probably be gone soon, I figured I'd add my issue anyway.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
If you've only hit preview, just use your back button. Your edit box and the responding to post will be there, if you like it, you can use the forward button to return and confirm it, if not, edit it.

Do the voices sing or just chant stuff like redrum?

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If you've only hit preview, just use your back button. Your edit box and the responding to post will be there, if you like it, you can use the forward button to return and confirm it, if not, edit it.

I have done that, and just as often as not, my response vanishes. Then I have to click forward, copy, hit back again, paste it in .....

Just a pain. Oh the horror of it all!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
If half the time you go back and your text is gone and the other half it's there, I'd give serious thought to changing browsers, that's just weird.

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
My posts have never been gone after clicking the back button.

Legend
Legend
I always copy my reply before hitting the back button or submitting. That way if there's a glitch I don't have to retype everything.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Yeah, I should do that ..... and generally do ..... but it seems like when I forget to, it's always a miles long post that goes into more detail than it should ......

Legend
Legend
You must forget a lot then...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Quote:

You must forget a lot then...

Oh, I have lost the really long posts. You have only seen my shorter posts.

Legend
Legend
You could always hit quote instead of reply, then the post comes with you for reference... then you type your own stuff and when you are done, if you don't want to quote the entire original, delete the original out before you post.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
That's a good idea.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Netscape does that for me too. Sometimes I think it might be my US Robotics modem but their tech support is impossible to reach.

[Linked Image]
F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

Quote:

I have done that, and just as often as not, my response vanishes. Then I have to click forward, copy, hit back again, paste it in .....

Just a pain. Oh the horror of it all!

Sorry I am late to this, but I just Hold down <CTRL> while clicking continue with preview checked and it opens the preview in a new tab :P

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum Is it possible....

Link Copied to Clipboard