Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kyrie Irving is my favorite young player so I do support the Cavs on the East but I grew up a fan of David Robinson and became an even bigger fan of Tim Duncan. I'm kind of nervous about tonight's game. I would really love to see the Spurs just knock off Portland for the sweep, and in doing so it will give the old vets some nice rest for recovery time.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Kyrie Irving is my favorite young player so I do support the Cavs on the East but I grew up a fan of David Robinson and became an even bigger fan of Tim Duncan. I'm kind of nervous about tonight's game. I would really love to see the Spurs just knock off Portland for the sweep, and in doing so it will give the old vets some nice rest for recovery time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol I'll take that as a no then.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

I'd much rather see Portland come back and take the series. Won't likely happen, but gotta root for the local team if I can't root for the Cavs...

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Not so much a fan...but respect the heck out of them.

They might not even take a step back when Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan retire. Patty Mills, Leonard/Green, and Baynes can take over...They will need a PF that can step in an be productive. They don't have anyone that can step in an keep them on top. Diaw doesn't quite cut it. Need someone to score as well as play D. Diaw doesn't bring any offense.

They'll continue to be good regardless...theyre an amazingly well run organization, with an amazing coach.

"It has to start somewhere
It has to start somehow
What better place than here?
What better time than now?"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Sorry Johnnie but............

I've hated David Robinson since he and Navy knocked Cleveland State out of the NCAA tourney in 1986.

and..........

I've hated the Spurs since they knocked off the Cavs in the NBA Championship series in 2007.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Don't know jack crap about them as I quit watching the NBA when the Lebron fiasco happened. But then I started watching the playoffs this year and have been rooting for them.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I stopped watching the NBA sometime after the Detroit Pistons won their championships with Bill Lambier, Dennis Rodman, and John Salley. That was almost more like watching hockey than basketball.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
They don't broadcast the Cavs down here in Columbus since sweetheart left so I don't see much B-ball down here.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Quote:

They don't broadcast the Cavs down here in Columbus since sweetheart left so I don't see much B-ball down here.

Yes they do, sportstime ohio or fox sports ohio, cant remember which one right now. I live in Columbus, have Directv, and probably watched 50 of 82 games this season.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Yep. Favorite team at the moment. I love Popp and Duncan.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

Quote:

Yes they do, sportstime ohio or fox sports ohio, cant remember which one right now. I live in Columbus, have Directv, and probably watched 50 of 82 games this season.

I have Dish and I don't have those channels. I don't think I had them even when I was paying for the package that had TBS. Been a while.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

lol I'll take that as a no then.

Actually it was the closest emoticon I could fin to "incredulity".

Johnny Manziel's first few posts asking about a Texas team?

I was just having fun with the thought that it was possible that you were the actual Johnny.

Legend
Legend
Big fan of David Robinson, big fan of Tim Duncan, trying to be a big fan of Kyrie's.. total respect for the Spurs.. but no, not a fan of them.

yebat' Putin
2nd String
2nd String
jc

I live in San Antonio now and since the Cav's haven't done anything since Lebummer left I follow the Spurs. Not so much as a fan. Won't wear their stuff, won't go out of my way to watch them but respect the way they seem to be in the playoff's year after year. Players come and players go but Pop keeps them going.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
BTW
IMO
The spurs have always been America's "Blue Collar" franchise. No real drama and they have quietly dominated during Robinson's tenure.

G
Rookie
Rookie
G
I absolutely love the Spurs, the Cavs are my hometown team and in the event of it ever being Cavs V.S. Spurs I'll take the Cavs every time, but with that said I love the style of basketball the Spurs play. Consistent, unselfish, and move the ball. They DESTROY teams by simply breaking down the game and doing it better, no flashy windmill dunks, alley-ops, nothing... Just passing the ball to the open man and hitting your shots. If they continue to play they way the have they should take it all this year.

Legend
Legend
Respect the hell out of San Antonio. More than any team in the NBA and professional sports history. They play basketball the way it is meant to be played. Greg Popovich is the GOAT coach in the NBA, despite not as many titles as Phil Jackson.

I think older generations on here that lost appreciation for the NBA and current basketball would regain it after watching them play. They're considered "boring" because they're quiet, not flashy and not in commercials, but they're damn near impossible to beat. You need a Kevin Durant or Lebron James going off to do it. This commercial a couple of years ago summarized them best-

http://youtu.be/cfMR-HFnHw8

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Quote:

BTW
IMO
The spurs have always been America's "Blue Collar" franchise. No real drama and they have quietly dominated during Robinson's tenure.

Except for the fact that Tony Parker did Brent Barry's wife.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also know Kawhi Leonard's grandfather so it gives me even more of a reason to cheer them on.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Is Anybody Here A San Antonio Spurs Fan

Link Copied to Clipboard