Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
N
Legend
Legend
N
so, not sure where the beef started between LeBron and ESPN/BW, but I love it.

first, he announces the decision through SI/Lee Jenkins. Then, he has a 2nd article come out from SI/Jenkins about his decision with all kinds of information from area sources that seems to be helped by LRMR (I am guessing).

compare this article to the fluff revisionist one that BW partnered on.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/15/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Minnesota has the leverage now. They know we need to impress Lebron with fancy moves.

Not really ... Lebron has pretty much committed to staying here for the rest of his career. We don't need to "impress" him anymore.

I'm probably thinking too much into this, but I'm almost wondering if that few days of wait was to try and pressure Minnesota into trading Love, fearing that Lebron wouldn't go to Cleveland and the offer would be off the table. Then he specifically stated in his letter that he realized he was in it for the long haul and realized that he wouldn't be winning championships right away ... again, I'm wondering if this wasn't deliberate. Trying to let Minnesota think/know that Cleveland wasn't going to be desperate to "win now", and that they wouldn't be giving up anything they could to get someone like Love.

Minnesota has to know they're under the gun. They'll probably wait things out, because they are talking about giving up a top 10 player ... but they have to know that the offer they are likely getting from Cleveland isn't going to get any better, and Love is less than a year away from walking away for nothing.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

He's from NE Ohio and loves the place ... of course he hates ESPN.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

I am one of the few hold-outs on extending open arms to LeBron's return, but it sure does make it difficult to have that stance when he gives ESPN the cold shoulder

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I think Lebron may feel a little used and exploited by ESPN on the first "decision". I think he learned from that and is trying to distance himself from all the narcissistic hype

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

We don't have a stretch 4 right now, at least for sure ...... but Bennett looks promising, and that is what we drafted him for.

I think that Lebron's comments about this not happening immediately are telling. I think that this is more of a developing team than a championship or bust team. I also think that they have some degree of confidence in Blatt and his ability to get players to play together, and to play the right way. I think that we have a lot of players who could be pretty damn good ...... and we need to see what we truly have. I think that Browns offense last year really held guys back. Thompson really seemed to regress last year. I think that he almost has to progress this year.

Further, there is no evidence right now that Kyrie will be able to reign himself in and play alongside Lebron. There is no guarantee that he is definitely a long term piece. We signed him long term, and have every intention of keeping him long term, but if he does not change his game to fit with Lebron, well, then he would be one heck of a trade chip.

I have to disagree with whoever said that Wiggins is "just an athlete", and that there are many like him in the NBA. While it can legitimately be argued that giving him up for Love would be worth it, I don't think that Wiggins talent should be discounted. He is incredibly quick, and has an absolutely beautiful step back jumper. He is also well ahead of most players his age on defense. He can jump unlike most players I have ever seen. He is not "just an athlete", but rather he is a guy with some NBA caliber skills, and who had rare and uncommon athleticism. I wanted Embiid, before he got hurt, but Wiggins is one heck of a consolation prize. I think that he could well become one of a "big 3" himself. We ought not just give him away. (and I know that including him in a deal for Love is not exactly giving him away) If Love really wants to come here, he can make that happen by taking a public stance that he will not sign long term anywhere but Cleveland. That would eliminate suitors, and drive down his price. If we play a long game, I think that we have a real chance to get Love without having to give up a truly key piece of the future. Let's face it ..... this team has a chance at winning a lot of regular season games. If that happens, then our "dire need" lessens. We still want and maybe even need a guy like Love for a post-season run ..... but the trade game is often like a game of poker, and we need to avoid getting bluffed out.

his step back has been horrible...he's shot a ton of air balls so far on it or barely grazed the rim..he needs to reign his range in, but summer league is more about blatt figuring out what exactly he has with his young guys, so i think that will change. I think wiggins will be a decent NBA player, but Klove is a top 4 player right now and will be for a few years..you have a chance to get a player of his caliber you do it..regardless. But as I've said, I'm content waiting it out. I'd like to think they are going to fill out the rest of the roster before making a move like that...we still need bigs in the worst way..hey I see bynum is FA..

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Nice follow puny Lee Jenkins (SI writer who helped Lebron do the essay)

Says toward the end that Lebron intends to finish career in Cleveland.

Please tell me his middle name is Roy.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

At least he aint chicken!!!!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

Quote:

as World of Warcraft player in the day...I lol'd

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
LOL ... someone made a comment about that when the article first came out ... "I wonder when he hit submit on that article if he yelled out, LEEEROOOOY JENKIIIINS!!!"

L
Legend
Legend
L
maybe lebron is an avid WOWer and picked that reporter on his name alone

D
Legend
Legend
D
I wonder if he is related to legendary SI contributor, Dan Jenkins, who might be the funniest sportswriter I've ever read.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
In his 1st 3 games, Wiggins has gone 16-34 overall. That is roughly 47%. Take out his 3 point shooting, where he has gone 2-12, and his shooting from inside the 3 point line is 14-22 .... which is over 63%. That is excellent, even with dunks in the picture.

He is not a 3 point shooter right now. That is definitely apparent. However, he has been very good from inside the 3 point line. His step back jumper has just destroyed a couple of guys so far. Combine that with his overall quickness, and he sure looks special so far.

I was surprised that Bennett has shot worse than Wiggins so far. He has shot 14-39 overall, and 2-11 from 3 point range. That puts him at 12-28 from inside the arc, for 43%. I thought that he had been better than that so far.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Wiggins is a 19 year old kid who's adjusting to the distance of an NBA 3-point line. As he gains strength and familiarity to the distance, his percentage will improve. If anything, he should be taking more 3-pointers because these summer games don't count and he needs to get used to making those shots.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

In his 1st 3 games, Wiggins has gone 16-34 overall. That is roughly 47%. Take out his 3 point shooting, where he has gone 2-12, and his shooting from inside the 3 point line is 14-22 .... which is over 63%. That is excellent, even with dunks in the picture.

He is not a 3 point shooter right now. That is definitely apparent. However, he has been very good from inside the 3 point line. His step back jumper has just destroyed a couple of guys so far. Combine that with his overall quickness, and he sure looks special so far.

I was surprised that Bennett has shot worse than Wiggins so far. He has shot 14-39 overall, and 2-11 from 3 point range. That puts him at 12-28 from inside the arc, for 43%. I thought that he had been better than that so far.

Thanks for the breakdown.

If I'm Blatt, I fine Bennett $100 for every three pointer he attempts, even if they go in. He thinks he's Ray Allen out there.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
My problem with Love is does he really make us a better team? He is a huge liability on defense. We'd have to gut our roster and have old role players. We'd have problems signing guys.

L
Legend
Legend
L
we have alot of flexibility, even with love..we have tha trade exception for Gee, Haywood, and we have a bunch of 1st round picks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

My problem with Love is does he really make us a better team? He is a huge liability on defense. We'd have to gut our roster and have old role players. We'd have problems signing guys.

I agree, let roll with these young dudes we have. We are in for some exciting basketball over the next few years.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
When they win the first one, will they call it The One Ring till they win the next one?

Last edited by MrTed; 07/15/14 01:02 PM.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
L
Legend
Legend
L
it appears we've reached agreement with mike miller

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Looks that way:

Tom Withers ‏@twithersAP 11m
AP source: Mike Miller has agreed to terms on 2-year contract with #Cavaliers.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

it appears we've reached agreement with mike miller

Trying to think of another time a player left millions on the table to come to Cleveland.

Can't.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
How funny is this? We got Lebron, the Heat's 1st round pick this year, and Mike Miller, who is still being paid by the Heat. lol

He got a 2 year deal worth $5.5 million with year 2 being a player option.

Cleveland Cavaliers agree to deal with LeBron James' former teammate Mike Miller: Report | cleveland.com
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/07/cleveland_cavaliers_agree_to_d.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Following the addition of LeBron James, the Cleveland Cavaliers knew they needed two things to boost the roster: shooters and experienced players. With the reported addition of Mike Miller, the Cavs have found a player who checks both boxes.

Multiple reports say the sharpshooter will sign with the Cavs, turning down more money from the Denver Nuggets, Houston Rockets and other teams that were interested in him this off-season. ESPN first reported the deal. It's reportedly a two-year contract worth $5.5 million, which includes a player option following the first season.

Miller, 34, will be reunited with James. The two friends arrived in Miami together in 2010, and Miller gutted through injuries to help the Heat win two titles before being released prior to the season in a salary-related move.

Miller averaged 7.1 points in 82 regular season games with the Memphis Grizzlies this past season. He made nearly 46 percent of his three-point attempts and is a 40 percent three-point shooter for his career.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Miller's Wikipedia page has this gem:

Quote:

He once owned a Java Macaque named Sonny. He often tells the story in which his monkey escaped from his room: "You would always put him in his room, and then we'd lock the door, and then we'd put the dogs out, and then we'd lock the front door. Well, he found out how to unlock doors, unlocked his door, went downstairs, let the dogs in the house and opened the front door. About an hour later we got a call from our neighbors, saying, 'Your monkey is riding your dogs around the neighborhood.' ... I said, 'C'mon y'all, y'all got to get in the house."

Legend
Legend
That is an adorable level of trashiness.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Quote:

Miller's Wikipedia page has this gem:

Quote:

He once owned a Java Macaque named Sonny. He often tells the story in which his monkey escaped from his room: "You would always put him in his room, and then we'd lock the door, and then we'd put the dogs out, and then we'd lock the front door. Well, he found out how to unlock doors, unlocked his door, went downstairs, let the dogs in the house and opened the front door. About an hour later we got a call from our neighbors, saying, 'Your monkey is riding your dogs around the neighborhood.' ... I said, 'C'mon y'all, y'all got to get in the house."

I really don't know what to say to that.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
He should rent a spot in Ashtabula.

Always liked Miller as a player. Rooted against him when he was with the Heat. Carved out a nice career for himself. Let's hope he stays heatlhy. Still need another shooter.

Legend
Legend
And in other news ... Boozer just got cut (amnestied) by the Bulls.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
The city of Chicago is taking the loss pretty hard, let me tell you.

Purple font.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Purple font.

I was thinking we should take him back for the veteran minimum. The only time I remember him playing anywhere close to his contract worth was when he was with us on his rookie deal.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Quote:

Purple font.

I was thinking we should take him back for the veteran minimum. The only time I remember him playing anywhere close to his contract worth was when he was with us on his rookie deal.

Boozer has made every single decision in his basketball career based on money, so if someone is willing to pay him the minimum + a penny, then he wouldn't accept that deal from us.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

I want the Cleveland Browns to be my pallbearers so they can let me down for the last time.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs, LeBron and NBA

Link Copied to Clipboard