Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Anton Gerashenko, an adviser to Ukraine's interior minister, said on his Facebook page the plane was flying at an altitude of 10,000 meters (33,000 feet). He also said it was hit by a missile fired from a Buk launcher, which can fire missiles up to an altitude of 22,000 meters (72,000 feet).

I love this part... The Interior Minister using Facebook to spread the news.. that's awesome.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I must say, that reading what Anarchy has to say about world events the last couple of years, I'll have to agree with him. We have not handled our Foreign policy well at all. We are always looking the other way instead of letting others know we mean business when it comes to our best interests. First Iran, Now Russia. Were worse off now than even with Carter, and that's saying something.

Dawginit since Jan. 24, 2000 Member #180
You can't fix yesterday but you can learn for tomorrow
#GMSTRONG

I want to do it as a Cleveland Brown because that's who I am.”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Why are they flying a commercial airline over a war zone in the first place? That's asking for trouble.

Blaming the victim...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Well stupid is as stupid does.

"Oh look, there's a thunderstorm! Let's divert to a war zone where they've been shooting down planes all week!"

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Nah, it's barry's fault. He's trying to divert our attention from the border. /purple

#GMSTRONG
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Quote:

Quote:

How the hell do you mistake a jetliner for a cargo plane?
Here is a clue one has windows one doesn't.

Hard to see windows when you are looking up at a plane that is 33,000 feet in the air...

What you can't see windows at 6.25 miles? Do you need glasses?

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
j/c

The US will have to respond in some way. Full military intervention probably ain't it though. With how close the Russians are to this, to drop US forces directly in would be to risk world war.

What we'll see is probably more sanctions and condemnations and perhaps demands for the leader of the Donetsk rebels to be surrendered as a criminal. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the US begins supporting the Ukraine undercover with intelligence and perhaps some covert activity.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

What we'll see is probably more sanctions and condemnations and perhaps demands for the leader of the Donetsk rebels to be surrendered as a criminal. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the US begins supporting the Ukraine undercover with intelligence and perhaps some covert activity.

Well said.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Putin also said this afternoon that he was not behind this. Surprise

We already have been able to tell a radar signal and a heat signature. Lets start using the tools our military has and see where this come from and who did it. 23 Americans and 8 Brits on board...now it is our problem

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

...would be to risk world war.

Crimea. Anybody recall 1854? Limited objective...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Putin also said this afternoon that he was not behind this. Surprise

We already have been able to tell a radar signal and a heat signature. Lets start using the tools our military has and see where this come from and who did it. 23 Americans and 8 Brits on board...now it is our problem

I agree. We don't have to put boots on the ground, but it is time to put a boot in someone behind.

We wont, we will get punked, as usual

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Why is this an American issue and not a Dutch issue? I get 23 Americans and all that, but we have this insatiable urge to be the world's police and that simply isn't feasible anymore.

[color:"green"] "World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Please talk amongst yourselves." Get Fuzzy[/color]
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
JC

I don't know why people think that we could have ever kept Crimea. It was truly impossible. It's such a major base for Russia that we would never be able to keep it, even under a Ukraine rule.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

Doubt about it... on everything you said. I wonder what type of assets we have on the ground already that "noone knows about".

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Why are they flying a commercial airline over a war zone in the first place? That's asking for trouble.

I don't think so. One would rather like to think that combatants (from any side) would have the sense not to fire on a commercial airline.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Wrong. That plane was 35 miles away from the combatents. They can't identify it. They have been shooting down military planes all week. To them it's just another enemy. You don't put the safety of civilians in the hands of rebel military combatants.

The governing body of European airspace should have restricted all of Ukraine airspace as there is a civil war there. It makes no sense to allow commercial aircraft into the middle of a war zone.

No Craps Given
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Wrong. That plane was 35 miles away from the combatents.

It was shot down 35 miles from the Russian border.

Quote:

They can't identify it. They have been shooting down military planes all week. To them it's just another enemy. You don't put the safety of civilians in the hands of rebel military combatants.

They can tell a military aircraft from a commercial one. If they couldn't identify it, then they really stupid for firing upon it. The truth is, they knew it was a commercial passenger jet.

Quote:

The governing body of European airspace should have restricted all of Ukraine airspace as there is a civil war there. It makes no sense to allow commercial aircraft into the middle of a war zone.

So, by that logic, you can't fly over Russian airspace. Remember the Chechens? They're still there fighting.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I stand by what I said. Not gonna argue with you about it. Commercial airlines should not be flying over war zones period.

No Craps Given
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Okay. We'll have to agree to disagree.

E
Legend
Legend
E
You might want to read this.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2014/...-been-shot-down

Even the United States military has accidentally shot down commercial aircraft. When it comes to wars people are trigger happy. Commercial aircraft should stay away.

No Craps Given
1st String
1st String
Really it is a sad tragedy. Keep the families and friends of those victims in your thoughts and prayers.

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And this is exactly why it DOES matter how the US is perceived abroad.

How is this a US issue? If there's an American on board then yes, if not....

Are you saying that they wouldn't have shot it down if it was an American Airlines or Delta jet? Seriously, you're THAT stupid!

Quote:

But let me guess. This is Obama fault.

Obama's weakness in foreign policy is to blame for this. Yes.

Quote:

Ukraine just said they don't have ADA capabilities. A stinger missole doesn't have the range to shoot a jet out that high of altitude, so it had to be Russian forces.

The equipment was Russian-made and it was a ground-to-air missile, but it was Ukrainian equipment in the hands of pro-Russian separatists. It wasn't a shoulder-launched weapon like a stinger is. This one has a ground-based platform.

Sadly, you served in the military but don't know jack about the weapon systems. What were you, a paper pusher? A recruiter?

You can't be serious. What is with you and basing your opinion on what if scenarios? What if they shot down an American jet? They DIDNT. it was a Dutch plane. So NOW we find out their was Americans on the plane. That makes it our issue. But I wait for the info to come out before I just start jumping to conclusions. Seriously thank GOD you don't make any decisions.

I just finished saying it wasn't shoulder fired because a stinger doesn't have the range for it. Yet you calling me stupid? You said EXACTLY what I just said.

But now you're telling me it was the pro Russian rebels who shot it down? We have a bigger problem is Russia is training them with vehicle based ADA capabilities.

But once again, it's not proven, so don't jump to conclusions.

But you probably have me on ignore since you're a punk anyway.

All you who claim to be conservatives. Take a hard look at Anarch and mill creek. They are the extreme right that is the vocal minority having the loudest voice that makes your right wingers look crazy.

A bunch of war and fear mongering, arm chair politicians who are so quick to want military action yet never served and got their hands dirty. These two represent who the right wing is truly viewed by the rest of the world, and another reason why you won't even be sniffing the 2016 presidential elections.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

All you who claim to be conservatives. Take a hard look at Anarch and mill creek. They are the extreme right that is the vocal minority having the loudest voice that makes your right wingers look crazy.

Preach it, I hope I don't become that jaded when I'm on the back 9.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sounds like the Dutch aren't overly happy with the Russians, understandably so.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/19/world/europe/ukraine-malaysia-airlines-crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
B
Legend
Legend
B
It is disgusting. It's looting.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Malaysian Airlines plane shot down in Ukraine 7/17/14

Link Copied to Clipboard