Next Thread
Print Thread
R
redddog Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
This guy has driven me nuts for years. He hates Cleveland sports. He's a Denver fan for crying out loud.

It's been so bad for me that I litterally have a problem listening. He embodied the knee-jerk demands of the uneducated fan and headline making media that has plagued this franchise for years.

He's now on with Emmett from 3-5.

I gotta think this is a pretty big demotion. What do you think?

S
Legend
Legend
S
It's him testing the waters for getting his own show.

I happen to like him because he brings a different perspective and I think he and Tony have good chemistry... The Ohio State stuff gets absurd but I think he plays that up a bit.

I think Jerod Cherry is a great human being and brings some cool nfl stories but he doesn't add much else as an on-air guy..

I don't get to listen to RBS a ton but I'm gonna miss that combo...

I listen to Ken Carman most nights tho. Maybe the best sports talk show in Cle.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I think Jerod Cherry is a great human being and brings some cool nfl stories but he doesn't add much else as an on-air guy..

Never should have gotten rid of LCB on Xes and O's with the pro's.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
R
redddog Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Agree about Jerod. He's a really good guy. Brings an "NFL Insider" type presence to the show. Just in time for the NFL seaon, which is no accident. But his broadcasting skills need major work.

I do agree about the chemistry between Rizzo and Hammer. But only because Hammer was so willing to climb right up inside Rizzo's backside.

I dunno. He rubbed me the wrong way and his "different perspective" developed into an "anti-cleveland" perspective over time.

I will miss his knowledge of ice skating though. That was fantastic.

Last edited by redddog; 08/11/14 10:10 AM.
Legend
Legend
Jerod is one of the best guys around, but I tend to agree.

Goldhammer wants his own show IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
redddog Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
But how is 3-5 with Emmett a step towards his own show?

Legend
Legend
He might look at it like he's "carrying" a show with a lesser personality

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Because he's running his own ship now. Golden is a cohost but Hammer will probably be taking the lead.

I think eventually rizzo will retire or become too expensive and AG will be prepped for the coveted morning slot.

They're both going to be doing post game browns though which is awesome. There's nothing better than hearing callers 15 minutes after a game. I love the drunk overreactions. That's when you get the best callers. Guys who watch coach's tape and think they're future NFL GM's. It's the best. I live for browns post game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Because drive time is a HUGE slot to be in. He's going to be a co host rather than a sidekick

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Ken Carman is the only guy worth listening to in that town.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

It's him testing the waters for getting his own show.

I happen to like him because he brings a different perspective and I think he and Tony have good chemistry... The Ohio State stuff gets absurd but I think he plays that up a bit.

I don't get to listen to RBS a ton but I'm gonna miss that combo...

I listen to Ken Carman most nights tho. Maybe the best sports talk show in Cle.

I agree with all of this post. I started out really disliking Hammer but the overall show I enjoy. And I don't know if it's just to placate the fans, but his recent on air commentary leads me to believe he is becoming a fan of Cleveland sports teams although he's a Denver guy.

He really needs to change his enunciation if he is going to carry a show by himself, though. I'm not sure if "over enunciating" is a technique that is taught to these guys, but it makes him almost unlistenable. When he's paired with Rizzo it's not as annoying, and I agree they compliment each other well overall. But for him to carry his own show, he'll need to fix that, IMO. But this is certainly testing the waters of him getting his own show. I think the network likes that he is somewhat annoying. Believe it or not, people talk about that and it makes him relevant. I mean we've got a thread on it here.

Ken Carmen is awesome. Listen to him on my way home from work every day. Easily best sports show in Cleveland. Plus, I love guys who can carry shows themselves. No easy task. It's why I have mad respect for Cowherd, even if he is over the top at times. Not even Patrick carries his own show.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't mind Goldhammer in the role that he was in. This is going to be a huge step for him, and one that I'm honestly not sure that he is ready for. I listen to RBS sometimes when I'm driving between locations during the day. When Rizzo was off, he was a difficult listen.

KNR is taking such a cheap route right now. They are staffed at bare bones levels, have no young hosts in development. I mean, they went from having Fedor, Burge and Zuppe waiting on roles to adding their producers as on-air talent when a host in out. They have no extra voices to step in. I'm guessing that they've really over-extended themselves on that Browns contract and are cutting any corner that they can. Its a shame.

92.3 is sort of an older-fashioned radio station. They have on-air people leaking out of their pores. Their 20/20 guys do weekends, have Joe Lull waiting in the wings, and have arrangements with pretty much every local TV sports guy to cover spots as well. Its just much better run right now, and that's sad after only being up and running as a sports station for two years now.

[color:"green"] "World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Please talk amongst yourselves." Get Fuzzy[/color]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

There is not ONE good radio personality on ESPN Cleveland, IMO. This is like the third time they've shuffled the lineups in just over a year's time. They're trying to polish turds over at the Galleria by switching up people and time slots but it's not paying off.

If they want to get better, they need to blow up the entire thing, start fresh, and give some of the "second string" guys over at 92.3 The Fan a promotion or relocate some reputable radio hosts.

The guys on ESPN Cleveland are absolutely dreadful. All of them. It's amateur hour at that place...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Ken Carman is the only guy worth listening to in that town.

Most underrated guy in town.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
AG uses the Howard Stern method, he bags on Cleveland Teams and Ohio State because it riles people up, gets them to call in and keeps them coming back to see what he will say next.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
S
Legend
Legend
S
I thought getting rid of Roda was a bad move. I hate when he talks football because his steeler bias comes into play all the time but he's one of the best basketball guys in town.

You have by far the most interesting and maybe, most popular basketball (if not in all of sports) in your town and you dumped your two best basketball guys (the other being Reghi) to accommodate football. I wonder if they are considering bringing him back...

Not only can ken carman carry his show but kenny kid and Vick Travlablahblah are awesome in support. And he has the best callers. Letting Tuna on the air only because you can backdrop Charles Mansin sound bites? Brilliant.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Leave Reghi right where he is, doing play by play for MAC Conference basketball.

Love when he broadcasts our games. He always comes and hangs around during shoot around and its awesome to sit their and listen to him tell stories. Lat year when Buffalo was in town got to stand there and hear stories from him and Bobby Hurley. All I could do is just stand there and smile.

KING

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Can't stand Hammer and have not listened for awhile. Since Hammer is gone I'll give RBS another shot.

Sorry to hear he's not on a plane back to Denver because even though he is a idiot he does have some power. He gets all the other idiots in Cleveland riled up. He wanted Tressel fired for lying but voted for Obama twice. Go figure.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Guys who watch coach's tape and think they're future NFL GM's. It's the best.

Soooo... 98% of this board, right?

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Quote:

Guys who watch coach's tape and think they're future NFL GM's. It's the best.

Soooo... 98% of this board, right?

No comment, lol

We are all guilty of it on this board. And I'm sure most most football fans, they're at home, talking to their buddies about how they could run their football team better.

It just takes a special kind of person to call into a talk show and talk about it though.

And I don't watch coach's tape, but I love openly making fun of people that do.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Goldhammer off the Really big show.

Link Copied to Clipboard