Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Suh's way beyond the point where he should be given the benefit of the doubt. Does he have to permanently injure someone before people quit making excuses for him?

Remember a year or two ago when he "accidentally" kicked that other player (Matt Schaub) in the .....um.... 'groin' area?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h3S5w64Tlg

He's a dirty opportunist.

Legend
OP Online
Legend

This guy has issues.

Anger management classes should be mandatory.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Some players from the past such as Hall of Fame MLBers Ray Nietzsche and Dick Butkus would be considered dirty players by today's standard.

Suh is a throw back player who plays the game with anger, willing to do anything to defeat those trying to stop him. Sometimes he goes too far, but as I pointed out, he and his style of play would have been fit right in back in the 60s.

What Suh needs to better coaching..someone who can teach him how to use that anger in a more productive way.

If we were to talk offensive lineman around the NFL and ask them which defensive lineman they hate to face, Suh would be high on that list. Not because of Suh's over line play...but because Suh brings it almost every play.

I would love to see him playing for the Brown.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Yep. You don't see steelers fans complaining about Harrison's play.

And he was a huge part of that dominating defense during the cowher years.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Originally Posted By: mac
Some players from the past such as Hall of Fame MLBers Ray Nietzsche and Dick Butkus would be considered dirty players by today's standard.

Suh is a throw back player who plays the game with anger, willing to do anything to defeat those trying to stop him. Sometimes he goes too far, but as I pointed out, he and his style of play would have been fit right in back in the 60s.

What Suh needs to better coaching..someone who can teach him how to use that anger in a more productive way.

If we were to talk offensive lineman around the NFL and ask them which defensive lineman they hate to face, Suh would be high on that list. Not because of Suh's over line play...but because Suh brings it almost every play.

I would love to see him playing for the Brown.

Saying "that's how they played 50 years ago" sounds alot like a word called: Justification.

Coaching isn't going to change him. Teams wanting him will have to choose looking the other way when he does what he does.

If you're good with a cheap bastage playing for the Browns because he's a pro-bowl caliber player, cool. Let's just be honest about the guy and why it'd be ok for him to do what he does.

Hell, every team in the NFL look the other way when great players do bad things, but very quickly cut also-rands for doing the exact same thing.

How many breaks does a guy like Alden Smith get because he's a great player? How about Josh Gordon? If those guys have 5th round talent they'd be shown the door. If Suh was a rotational player he'd be cut.

Would I want Suh? Yeah, I would, knowing damned-well that he's going to do something that'll get him suspended. I'd just know when he didn't it I wouldn't be able to justify it with a straight face.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: mac

What did those two make a year?

The NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry where people get nine figure contracts.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

All due respect to your POV, Mac, but I disagree.

He's been like this since he entered the league. I can't believe that he hasn't been "coached up" repeatedly about this stuff... and yet, he's been guilty of this crap every single year.

Something's wrong with his brain. The game makes him do stuff he'd never consider doing off the field. By all accounts, he's a sweetheart of a guy when he isn't in uniform on game day, but he has absolutely no 'personal filter' in those 60 minutes of game time on Sunday. He's an absolute sociopath until the clock hits 0:00.

As CLE's GM I'd probably still take him on... but I'd do so knowing that I'd probably lose his services for aat least 2 games every season. Why? because he's a game changer in the other 14 games that he DOES get to play.

I don't like him. I don't like the dirt he brings to the game on Sundays. But as a GM, I can also see what he brings to a defense. His level of play is necessary on a team that plays in the AFCN. If he stomps on a Stoolz helmet or two, or pancakes a Ravens QB 3 yards out of bounds, I'm willing to risk his 'time offs' if I'm Ray Farmer.

----------------

Until he plays for 76 Groza, I'm willing to watch some other team (or maybe even my own) 'dirty him up.' If he dons the "seal brown & orange," I'll gladly watch him rough up divisional rivals the way they did us since '99.

Yes... I'm a hypocrite. A shameless hypocrite... and I won't apologize to anyone for it. This is football, dammit!

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Clem...IMO, some of the Browns fan base seems to buy into Roger Goodell's idea of how NFL football should be played...that NFL players should be nice.

Suh is not a nice player and sometimes he crosses the line committing dumb acts like stepping on Rogers...I don't like dumb football. That needs to be cleaned up and I believe that Pettine can do that. The Browns could also add language to a contract giving Suh the incentive to end the over the line stuff.

Problem with the fans, they see one play in a game such as Suh stepping on Rogers (which did not draw a flag) and they judge his entire body of work based on those few plays where Suh steps over the line.

It seems that those who vote for Pro Bowl and All Pro honors judge Suh's entire body of work, with Suh earning both honors 4x since entering the NFL in 2010...and winning both honors in 2013 and 2014.

I'm gonna say this again...if we were to ask the offensive lineman around the NFL which DT was the toughest to block...Suh's name would be at or near the top of every offensive linemen who has faced Suh.

I judge Suh for his entire body or work, not focusing on the 1% of his play that is over the line. I try to judge Suh from the view point of an offensive lineman who would have to block Suh...Suh would be a nightmare to block...and he is.

I want what Suh brings to the game...aggressive play and a motor that runs on every play. I sure that the Browns players and coaches would welcome Suh and his style of play, minus the dumb stuff. It would much better having Suh on our side, rather than on our opponents side.

If Browns fans are looking for the nicest free agents, Suh is not going to be your guy. But sometimes we forget, football is not a nice sport.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
port...put Suh in a Browns uniform and I would love it...

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Clem, Holden Caulfield expresses his disappointment in you...

Kidding tongue

Legend
OP Online
Legend

The league has changed since then. Dick Butkus is one of my favorite players of all time and in my mind was the greatest middle linebacker whoever played.

But the league was so much different then you can not compare it to today's game.

Suh is a great player. The Browns need a player like him. But there is no room for excusing what he did to Rodgers.

Given that I would still take him. If he gets suspended or fined you do what the league says and move on.

I doubt that it will occur very often or maybe not again.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Clem, Holden Caulfield expresses his disappointment in you...

Kidding tongue

This was the best laff I had all day. I'm not kidding.

Legend
Legend
We really don't see things all that differently. I've been a fan of his play since he entered the league... I'm NOT a fan of the way he sabotages his own best efforts with boneheaded 'extracurriculars.'

As I said, if I was Browns GM, I'd take him. With probably very little hesitation.

I'd just keep in mind that he MIGHT be out a game or two, if the coaching staff can't help him to keep his head screwed on straight.

14 games with N. Suh is better than 16 games without him. I'd take him, and unleash him on the Stoolz and Rats, post-haste.

Legend
Legend

He's a bum, he's always been a bum and will always be a bum but damn the man can play when he does it right. He will at some point receive a suspension but we'll work with it.

It's that line of thinking that could garner us some decent trade interest in Gordon.

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Didn't see this anywhere but it's from Tony Grossi, FWIW.

Quote:
I have heard the Browns are considering Suh as a prime free agent target. They are once again among the league leaders in projected salary cap room and may be willing to make him the highest-paid defensive lineman in NFL history. That’s the type of contract it will take to attract Suh. His defensive line teammate, Nick Fairley, also is a free agent and would be considered a consolation prize to teams failing to land Suh.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=41281

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Didn't see this anywhere but it's from Tony Grossi, FWIW.

Quote:
I have heard the Browns are considering Suh as a prime free agent target. They are once again among the league leaders in projected salary cap room and may be willing to make him the highest-paid defensive lineman in NFL history. That’s the type of contract it will take to attract Suh. His defensive line teammate, Nick Fairley, also is a free agent and would be considered a consolation prize to teams failing to land Suh.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=41281

I would do it! The guy is a beast. We need a player of his caliber so freaking bad. I just don't see it happening.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Legend
Legend
Are we switching to a 4-3? (Please.)

Because signing a guy that's great at one kind of position, and asking him to play another is dumb. IMO.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
D
Legend
Legend
D
Suh had back to back sack attacks today against Dallas. Even though Dallas won, I am sure that all those players on the Dallas sidelines were wishing that the suspension would be upheld haha. He is just not someone you can not double team and double teaming one player every snap is hard and I am sure hard on the playbook/amount of plays an offense can call and execute. He is a MONSTER, regardless how dirty he is.

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Suh is a player who requires a double team on every play (Browns do not have one on the team). He is a mean player that offenses need to game plan against(Browns do not have one on the team). Suh's ability to take on the double team and still make plays will help Kruger on the outside.

I want a player like Suh on the Browns so that every offense that plays against Cleveland will know going into the game that they are in for a serious fight and that nothing is going to be easy.

Taylor should be cut after coming in out of shape and being a total non-factor the entire year.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

He's a bum, he's always been a bum and will always be a bum but damn the man can play when he does it right. He will at some point receive a suspension but we'll work with it.

It's that line of thinking that could garner us some decent trade interest in Gordon.

I don't want Suh, he is a train wreck waiting to happen. But good point about Gordon. I would much rather trade Gordon now, for something/anything than get Suh, and someone will want Gordon...Tennessee, Houston, Raiders...even maybe the Jets. Trade Gordon, get a 2nd or 3rd round Guard or LB and BUILD THRU THE DRAFT!

[Linked Image from dcptest.com]
E
Legend
Legend
E
I was surprised on how out of shape he seemed this past Playoff game. He seemed to tire quickly and was always huffing and puffing on the side lines.

Just an observation

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
bonefish #928162 02/18/15 03:11 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Looking like no other team will get a shot at Suh:

Lions G.M. “very optimistic” Ndamukong Suh deal is close

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Ndamukong Suh