Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Ok, easy concept. We are how many days away from the draft? 100+ probably. How about we watch some tape on as many prospects as possible leading up to the draft using:
http://draftbreakdown.com. As hte title says "one prospect a day" until draft weekend. Maybe we can speed up later.

What I'm interested in: obviously, if you want those players to be Browns and if so give them some sort of grade. Be it in form of a short text or round value. Also, to make discussions possible and to be fair please post the cut ups viewed on which your evaluation was based. Also, feel free to open these threads on other players. Not sure I will be able to be around every day the next few weeks.

I'll start with DE/OLB Vic Beasley
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/vic-beasley/

Tell me what you see. I'll try to post my take later or in the upcoming days

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What's your grade on Beasley?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As a Clemson fan I keep up with their players and some of their game day stats and it looks like his production fell this year compared to last year.

He has the ideal height but the ideal weight for a 3-4 defensive end and edge rusher only weighing 235 lbs. Beasley has a good first step (but so does Mingo) but he probably won't be over powering to many good tackles in the NFL.

I probably wouldn't take him any sooner than the 2nd round unless he has a phenomenal pro-day and combine.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: MrKelso
As a Clemson fan I keep up with their players and some of their game day stats and it looks like his production fell this year compared to last year.

He has the ideal height at 6'3 but NOT the ideal weight for a 3-4 defensive end and edge rusher only weighing 235 lbs. Beasley has a good first step (but so does Mingo) but he probably won't be over powering to many good tackles in the NFL.

I probably wouldn't take him any sooner than the 2nd round unless he has a phenomenal pro-day and combine.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Just realized that Joe Montana's boy is in this draft, Nick Montana.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/05/15 01:58 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Not sure I'd want a QB that does this
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11721009

Nick Montana spikes the football on 4th down......LOL

that might be a little harsh,, not sure of the circumstances that lead up to that.

Just watched a highlight video on him, I've seen worse..

Last edited by Damanshot; 01/05/15 03:41 PM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
He's Barkevious Mingo with even less strength, if you can believe it.

No thanks. We need someone who is a physical beast who will punish the other team. Like Fowler. Not another situational pass rusher.

you had a good run Hank.
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Only was able to see his snaps vs FSU and Clemson lost the game because of him with 3 big runs to his side. He doesn't look like a 3 down player to me and looked as bad as Jarvis Jones vs the run.

As a rusher, if he doesn't get an edge off the snap, he'S toast. He has a nice burst and spin move, but the rest of his game looks bad. Lacked situational football

#gmstrong

V
Legend
Legend
V
Good thread idea.

I live in SC and have seen several of his games.

I think Beasley is a very good pass rusher. He is very explosive coming out of his stance. He is somewhat unorthodox w/his moves, but he is creative due to his lack of size and strength.

He gets mauled at times by bigger offensive lineman. He is one of those guys that will shine on some plays and get obliterated on others.

I do think he will certainly be a first round pick and maybe even top 10-12. I do not think he is a great match for the Browns because we have a similar player in Mingo.

Wanna do Gregory next?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I watched that FSU game and he got swallowed by their LT...( though he did beat him once with a speed move, but it seemed the LT was looking for some deep side help from the RB).

Has nice burst off the ball, but was too high and once engaged did not have the strength to either separate or push back... Mingo 2.0.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Wanna do Gregory next?

Sure, go ahead. As I said, no need to wait for me to open threads on prospects. I would just like that the discussions are based on tape. Would be cool to have around 100 of those threads by draft weekend. We can always come back to those whenever there's news on the prospect or posters get to evaluate them. Doesn't have to be for only one day. That's not what I had in mind.

I probably would have suggested Fowler Jr, because tbbd mentioned him in here, but Gregory is ok too. Watching a handful of same position players in a row makes sense to get a better feel and make positional rankings

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
The FSU OT was Cam Erving, OT turned C. He dominated Beasley the entire 1st Qtr, but also got some help. In the 2nd Qtr he struggled more often and I can see why he was moved off LT. He's getting rave reviews as a C. We will see when we get to him...

Last edited by DjangoBrown; 01/06/15 07:53 AM.

#gmstrong

D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
The FSU OT was Cam Erving, OT turned C and a top 50 prospect too. He dominated Beasley the entire 1st Qtr, but also got some help. In the 2nd Qtr he struggled more often and I can see why he was moved off LT. He's getting rave reviews as a C. We will see when we get to him...

#gmstrong

O
Legend
Legend
O
Never said I wanted him just pointed out he was in the draft. Don't know a thing about him. Joe was drafted in the third round, so nobody expected him to set the NFL on fire.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Beasely just isnt a good fit for anyone. I dont think he can beat NFL tackles. I have a similar grade on him as I did Mingo and thats a 4th round project.

P
Legend
Legend
P
No Thanks thumbsdown

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 1 prospect a day - DE/OLB Vic Beasley

Link Copied to Clipboard