Print Thread
#913130 01/08/15 03:47 PM
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/randy-gregory/

Only saw the Wisconsin game so far, but didn't like what I saw. Not a top 10 guy off of that tape.

Moves around the D, has a decent, well rounded game, but not many moves and seems to lack closing burst. Kind of reminded me of a (atheltically and hustle) lesser version of Fowler.

It's really early in the process, but this is not shaping up as a good class for rushers if those 3 are considered the best talents. I would rather burn both first rounders for J.Houston, if we want a clear upgrade at OLB

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Sorry refs, wrong forum. Please move to the draft section.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
E
Legend
Legend
E
DJ you are probably the most intense draft poster around. Might not agree with your evaluation all the time. Still thank you for educated me! wink Please keep on sharing!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
I agree I caught a few Nebraska games this year and he didn't stand out to me either. Dupree has some skill pass rushing and set the edge well but doesn't get off blocks in the run game. I only caught one game Orchard played in and it was early in the year... I'm thinking maybe Oregon state? Oklahoma state? he played well iirc but I have to see more and it's been a while. I like big O from UCLA and Golden from Missou at OLB but that's about it of what I've seen so far. maybe flowers from Arkansas but that's pushing it. kikaha is good at beating double teams but has no burst... not a good year for pass rushers.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Again, I think this is a really poor draft class. All of these guys have flaws.

I like Gregory, but admit that he is not a sure thing.

Here is what I do like:

--Every week, he might be the best athlete on the field.
--Great quickness.
--Disruptive player.
--Great explosion off the ball.
--Versatile guy who has ability to do many things.
--Has HUGE upside.

Concerns:

--Can get swallowed up by big linemen at times.
--Doesn't consistently set the edge. Of course, that doesn't seem to be big in Pettine's defense.
--Not very heavy.

I think he will certainly go in round one and might move into the top 10 to 12 players overall.

Legend
Legend
I was watching the Miami game and he looked like a completely different guy. Destroyed Flowers when he was lined up against him, but spent more time at LE than RE. I'm not sure he's really a top 5 guy like he's thought of by some, but he does have talent for sure.

Clive Walford from Miami is my favorite TE in the draft. I won't be upset if we use a second day pick on him, but it's still not what i would do.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I follow the draft and prospects pretty closely as well and I don't think think their are very many eye popping talents in this draft either. Honestly I think if Justin Houston or Brian Orakpo were to hit free agency, we would be better off making a run at either of them, and then drafting run-stoppers as opposed to pass rushers.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 DE/OLB Randy Gregory

Link Copied to Clipboard