2nd String
M
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
rofl

mickeycat #913341 01/09/15 05:08 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bengals Vow to Make No Changes in Attempt to Win Playoff Game Next Year

Despite being bounced from the playoffs in the wildcard round for the fourth consecutive year, it appears the Cincinnati Bengals have no intention to make any changes before next season.

“You don’t just give in to four years of failure,” said Marvin Lewis. “We’re close. Imagine slamming your head into a brick wall for four years in a row. Eventually, if you keep doing that, for five years, six, seven, ten, whatever, that wall is going to weaken and break. Probably, right? Or you could just die of a brain hemorrhage. But we’re hoping the wall will weaken and break.”

Lewis has been at the helm for 12 years in Cincinnati and is 0-6 in the postseason. Andy Dalton has quarterbacked the team in the playoffs in each of his four seasons in the NFL and has no wins, one touchdown, six interceptions and a 57.8 quarterback rating to show for it.

“Sometimes you just have to go with what doesn’t work,” said Bengals president Mike Brown. “Having a coach and a quarterback who are proven winners is the easy way out. We don’t want to cut corners here in Cincinnati.”

Dalton said he thinks he deserves another chance “or ten.”

“All the critics don’t think I can win a Super Bowl or even a playoff game,” he said. “But people said Joe Flacco and Eli Manning couldn’t win a Super Bowl either. Granted, I am significantly worse than even those two deeply-flawed quarterbacks, but … I forget what my point was.”

Brown believes his team is years away from making any major changes.

“It used to be that we couldn’t win four games a year here,” said the president. “We would have loved four consecutive wildcard exits. Dreamed of it. Are we going to go beyond that level of limited success with Marvin and Andy? I mean, it doesn’t look like it. But what if we make a change and get worse? Why risk it? These are the glory years.”

Link

mickeycat #913345 01/09/15 07:11 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mickeycat
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Mickey, Mickey, Mickey are you bragging about losing again poke
GM, GM, GM. Somebody's gotta do it. You all aren't very good at it. nanner

Good we don't ever want to be great at bragging about losing.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Vambo #913402 01/09/15 12:03 PM
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Bengals Vow to Make No Changes in Attempt to Win Playoff Game Next Year

Despite being bounced from the playoffs in the wildcard round for the fourth consecutive year, it appears the Cincinnati Bengals have no intention to make any changes before next season.

“You don’t just give in to four years of failure,” said Marvin Lewis. “We’re close. Imagine slamming your head into a brick wall for four years in a row. Eventually, if you keep doing that, for five years, six, seven, ten, whatever, that wall is going to weaken and break. Probably, right? Or you could just die of a brain hemorrhage. But we’re hoping the wall will weaken and break.”

Lewis has been at the helm for 12 years in Cincinnati and is 0-6 in the postseason. Andy Dalton has quarterbacked the team in the playoffs in each of his four seasons in the NFL and has no wins, one touchdown, six interceptions and a 57.8 quarterback rating to show for it.

“Sometimes you just have to go with what doesn’t work,” said Bengals president Mike Brown. “Having a coach and a quarterback who are proven winners is the easy way out. We don’t want to cut corners here in Cincinnati.”

Dalton said he thinks he deserves another chance “or ten.”

“All the critics don’t think I can win a Super Bowl or even a playoff game,” he said. “But people said Joe Flacco and Eli Manning couldn’t win a Super Bowl either. Granted, I am significantly worse than even those two deeply-flawed quarterbacks, but … I forget what my point was.”

Brown believes his team is years away from making any major changes.

“It used to be that we couldn’t win four games a year here,” said the president. “We would have loved four consecutive wildcard exits. Dreamed of it. Are we going to go beyond that level of limited success with Marvin and Andy? I mean, it doesn’t look like it. But what if we make a change and get worse? Why risk it? These are the glory years.”

Link

Or your head is going to weaken and break. Oh, wait, that makes sense. Probably what has happened! No longer thinkin straight.

#gmstrong
mickeycat #933922 03/05/15 10:41 PM
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
Originally Posted By: mickeycat
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
You're arguing that NEVER WINNING A TITLE, is better than winning one 50 years ago..
Nope. I'm saying that winning a title back then in your home stadium isn't as impressive as winning one today with the level of competition and on a neutral field.
Mickey, 5o years ago the Browns beat the teams they had to beat to win the NFL Championship. They did it 8 times! I think if there was more teams they would of beat them also. Sorry that we played some in our own stadium, that's how it was back then. So now they know a year in advance where the Super Bowl is going to be played. Say the stadium picked is Detroit and the Lions make and win the Super Bowl that's not impressive and maybe should have an astrick beside their name in the HOF. Really!!

chirp30 #933969 03/06/15 10:15 AM
M
2nd String
2nd String
M
Sorry. I'm not impressed. poke

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk The Smack Shack One And Done

Link Copied to Clipboard