#914749 01/12/15 03:24 PM
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
http://draftbreakdown.com/video/hauoli-kikaha-vs-stanford-2013/

Based on the 2013 tape vs Stanford:

Tough little player. Despite being overmatched at the LOS, he was hard to move. Lined up all over the DL in this game, even at DT. Should do better standing up. Lacks technique, poor hand usage. High motor, plays hard. Good vs the run, although he missed a couple of tackles. Obvious overachiever. Tough to tell how athletic he is. Didn't look slow, but not that quick either.

Have to watch more, but there's a lot to like. Has a good body language and finds ways to the ball. Not sure if he has enough ceiling, but the floor should be pretty high. Low bust chance.

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
For me his main limiting factor was the athleticism. I was impressed how he consistently beat double teams vs. OK State, but he just could not close. He got a lot of sacks this year (led the FBS) but it looks like they are the kind that won't translate to the faster NFL game IMO... just doesn't get there quite fast enough.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Another bump. Any good opinions. I watched a good deal of him and he is another high effort, kind of raw OLB at 43. Unlike clevesteve, I think his athletic ability is just enough to get him by in the NFL.

you had a good run Hank.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Will he be less than, greater than, or equal to what Kaluka Maiava ended up providing in his short time with the Browns.

I'll be plused if the Browns land Hau'oli, but I think the Browns front 7, as is, is a lineup difficult to crack. So he's going to have to be the real deal to warrant playing time.
He either is or he is.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 DE/OLB Hau’oli Kikaha

Link Copied to Clipboard