Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/josh-robinson-2/

Watched both cutups vs LSU and Kentucky.

Thanks Steve for directing my attention to him.

I'll keep this short:
Like Steve, I want the Browns to draft him and in this draft I don't even care what pick they use on him (I'm serious), the further down they can get him, the better, but do not gamble on his availability. He's a complete 3 down RB (rare nowadays), runs low, runs hard, blocks with effort, catches the ball, always falls forward and fights for extra yds. He does it all. He's this draft's Devonta Freeman, maybe better and with less mileage.

I beg you to just watch the run at 3:45 in the Kentucky game. Enjoy

Their OL has some talent too. C Day and their RG Beckwith look like decent late round selections. Robinson will "rise" in the amateurs rankings but I'm sure he's already higher on team boards. I don't expect him to fall into day 3 and if he does, I'm not sure he'd last till our first 4th. There will be scouts banging the table for him between day 2 and 3. Right now using the 3rd rounder on him looks like the biggest gamble I'd be willing to take. If West was worth a 3rd in a much stronger draft, taking him in the 3rd would be a steal. He and Crow rotating sounds like a great plan, especially since Pettine seems to want more of a run oriented Offense.

5th on Day and 6th/7th on Beckwith and run the ball

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
I like Day a lot (as I've been saying for a while) but I'm not as big on Beckwith myself. I agree that Robinson gives us a couple different dimensions that Crowell and West don't.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think RB may be a need. We have no clue as to how Crowell or West will run in our new offense. Our OC says he will run both a ZB and straight ahead blocking scheme. Well, I've hard that before when Horton said he'd run a 4-3/3-4 hybrid. Never happened. If this guy believes in a straight ahead blocking system that's exactly what he will run. And I don't see how a team can run both. Not without confusing the HELL out of the line. You pick one and you RUN it.

We've all seen how RB's fail after leaving Shanahans ZB WCO. Teams sing them to big bucks then they disappoint. Well, the system is leaving not the backs but it's the same deal. We just don't know what Crowell or West will do next fall. I have no problem hedging our bet by taking another back in the draft. The more we have, the more likely one of them will take to the new scheme.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
crow will do fine in a strait ahead blocking scheme. he might even do a lot better.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
What I want to know... who is that center for Miss State., Day?

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
Yes, that's Dillon Day, the guy I've been trying to sell you guys on for weeks. He ended up going to the Shrine Game and got moved up to the senior bowl, so he's not much of a secret anymore.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
sorry, I blitzed through this thread and missed where you mentioned him earlier.

Man he really stood out to me, think he would transition to OG and then to C in the event Mack books?

Admittedly I know little about OL play. EO taught me a few years back but not my forte.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yep, especially with Mack back.

Legend
Legend
Yeah Tex, a couple weeks ago I was watching the LSU v. Miss St game on my DVR and I was like "Man this guy can play!" But he's a dirty sommbich.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 RB Josh Robinson, Mississippi State

Link Copied to Clipboard