Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/ladarius-gunter/

Seen the Duke (2014) and FSU (2013) cutup.

Another fav of Steve and I fully agree. He's a complete CB. Has size, physicality, can play man and zone, very active eyes, not hands (!)/doesn't need to grab, very confident, played good competition. He was barely thrown at and shut down both Benjamin and Greene in man coverage.

I have a hard time believing he is just the 17th best CB in this class, as cbs has him. If he's just the 3rd best than this would be a very strong CB class. I'm not sure how any other CB prospect can beat what I've just seen. He is a 1st round talent if he clocks 4.5. He looks plenty athletic and fast to me.

Just draft him, and again, I don't care what pick we use on him. He's a 1st round talent, that can be trusted to play all 3 downs. How about we take a guy ready for the NFL instead of projects in the 1st round?

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Ah sorry refs. Please move to the draft section...

#gmstrong

Legend
Legend
I do like him too ... he's a first day talent IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
bump

please refs move this thread to the draft section

Thanks

#gmstrong

V
Legend
Legend
V
I just don't think we should draft another corner high.

Legend
Legend
Me too, and I struggled with that when I brought him up, but he's just so perfect for what Pettine says he wants in the defense, that if he's there in the third it would be very tough for me to pass on him. If not him in the third or later there's probably not a corner I would draft for the Browns.

Last edited by clevesteve; 01/27/15 01:31 AM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I seriously doubt we go CB in our top 3 picks...unless of course there is a Coaches standout that is considered a steal for them.

But Gilbert is not a lost cause and the rewards are still there to reap.
Signing Skrine is big, I like the prospects of Williams and DeSir...Williams is there to start if need be. We got our 1st round stud in Haden.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't have much hope for Gilbert. He sounds like a total jerk. Worse than JM and Gordon. He just flies under the radar.

I like Skrine and Williams, though.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I don't have much hope for Gilbert. He sounds like a total jerk. Worse than JM and Gordon. He just flies under the radar.

I like Skrine and Williams, though.

Williams is awesome. I was so wrong about him in the preseason. I thought he didn't show anything in the games to stay on the team. Very glad they kept him.

I'm not counting on them resigning any UFAs. if they sign Skrine, there's probably not a practical spot on the roster for a draft pick at CB.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm really rooting for extending Buster. Him, Haden and Williams/Desir are a nasty group of corners. Desir showed some flash there when he was given the reps.

I'd agree, resigning Bust virtually eliminates a drafting of CB. Justin Gilbert is an unknown. An unknown with not much hope, but hopefully he can show us why we drafted him and become a factor instead of a nobody on the bench, messing up off the field too.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, I agree about Williams.

I didn't even know who the guy was last year. LOL

But, I'm watching him and I see a guy who competes on every freaking play. I mean............HE COMPETES. He is like the antithesis of Gilbert. Love the kid's combativeness. He is strong physically and mentally.

Man, I did not like Skrine at first. I ragged on him. He proved me--and others--wrong. The kid is a pretty darn good corner, and truthfully, I see no discernible difference between him and Haden in terms of overall coverage. We need to keep him!

I will add that Gipson is a must sign, but I think that is a given. Our defense suffered when he went out last year.

I wouldn't mind adding a late-round corner. Let me know if you come across any guys that might be worthy of being a late round choice or a FA signing.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Vers, did you see Quinten Rollins in the Senior Bowl?

Quote:
The Guardian's Matt Rybaltowski believes "few prospects carry as much risk or reward" as Miami (Ohio) senior CB Quinten Rollins.
Prior to 2014, the 6-foot, 203-pound Rollins was a starting guard for the Redhawk basketball team. In his first season on the college gridiron, Rollins had 72 tackles, seven interceptions, 4.0 tackles for loss, one forced fumble and nine pass breakups, winning MAC Defensive Player of the Year honors. "Though Rollins admits he has a great deal to learn about the position, he still impressed coaches with his physicality and instincts in Mobile," Rybaltowski wrote. "Late in the third quarter, Rollins made a sprawling interception on a deep pass intended for Central Arkansas wide receiver Dezmin Lewis."

Quote:
NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said of Miami (Ohio) senior CB Quinten Rollins: "For a guy who has no clue what he’s doing, I couldn’t believe the level of play he performed at this year."
"I’m totally intrigued," NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said. "He’s got great ball skills." The 6-foot, 203-pound Rollins, a four-year basketball starter, transitioned to football in 2014. He won MAC Defensive Player of the Year honors with seven interceptions, 16 passes defensed and 72 tackles. "I’m a clean slate," Rollins said. "I’m open to learning…. I got a lot to learn. Once I learnt that, the sky’s the limit. In college, I really didn’t have a system. I can come in and be open to the new skills they’re going to teach me and go from there." The New York Daily News believes Rollins could be a fit for the Jets. "He is so raw that you’re teaching him your way," Mayock said. "The only concern I have is I don’t know how fast he is. I think he’s really quick, but I don’t know how fast he is. I think an important number for him is going to be his 40(-yard dash) at the Combine."

Sorry, I should have mades this it's own thread.

Last edited by bugs; 01/27/15 09:45 PM.
Legend
Legend
Bugs, I thought Rollins looked like an overhyped scrub at worst and a major projection at best... but I have only seen the practices and not the game yet.

Vers, there are a few corners I like as UDFA... I listed them in another thread...

The guys I like are Hoskey from Virginia, Jean from UAB, Love from Miss St (as a nickel, he is really good in the run game), and a guy from Western Michigan whose name escapes me... Celiscar? Those are the UDFA guys I'd give a shot.

Last edited by clevesteve; 01/27/15 09:55 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
bugs-------I did not watch it. Not into this draft, but thanks for the information.

steve-----------thanks for the information.

I appreciate guys who can educate me.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Bugs, I thought Rollins looked like an overhyped scrub at worst and a major projection at best... but I have only seen the practices and not the game yet.

Interesting, I watched the game and not the practice! I saw your earlier posts on the other guys mentioned. I agree Hoskey looks good. I thought he be more a third/fourth round. I can see Buffalo and New England taking a flyer. New Orleans can use some help. Mid rounds is were Sean will let Rob get his guys!!!

Good posts on the draftees...Thanks!

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
On the Williams topic. He reminds me a lot of Cortlan Finnegan.

Legend
Legend
I'm watching Colorado State vs Nevada and this senior CB Blake for Colorado State is looking good. He wasn't invited to the combine but I bet he makes a roster.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 CB Ladarius Gunter, Miami (FL)

Link Copied to Clipboard