Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
Just curious with all of the experts on here, LOL, has anyone sat down wrote out all of their thoughts on our roster? Broke down each position, who to sign in FA, who to draft, who to trade, and trade for?

I was really bored at training at work Friday and I started and got got a rough draft done. I will have to go back and fill in some of the numbers and such.

If you have in the past sent such a thing did you get a response back?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I wrote one saying that I felt an outside observer may be helpful in giving input to solving our QB problem.

The response I received is that the position was already filled by a homeless man.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I corresponded with Joe Banner very briefly about mental health programs in place within the team. He took a meeting with a group I was working with, but I wasn't a part of it, and we never heard from him after that.

Most communication appeared to be a 'dictated but not read' type deal.

F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
I just feel as much knowledge as I have, and the stuff I think about, does an NFL GM know the same stuff? For example, we all know we need a #1 WR, he has to know that right? He has to know we need an average to above average QB next season right?

I'm just a fan, been one since I was 7 (1980) red right 88 game is what hooked me, could have went Oakland, my dad steered me towards the Browns. I guess what I'm saying they do it for a living, they have to know a lot more football than us fans don't you think?

Legend
Legend
I would bet that such letters never make it past the secretary, and a nice "Thank you for being a fan, and your ideas about the team. We are constantly evaluating the team in an attempt to make it the best it can be ...... blah blah blah blah ......" letter goes out a few ideas.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I wrote one on a much more limited scope a couple years ago. I didn't get a reply, but what I wanted to happen, happened. I have no idea if my letter had anything to do with it or not but that was good enough for me. I can't imagine a guy like an NFL GM is super enthused to get a letter from someone who doesn't even work in his field telling him how to make all his decisions. I know I sure wouldn't.

D
Legend
Legend
D
After the Browns moved, and word got out that Al Lerner provided his private jet to Art Modell for his dealings with the city of Baltimore and the State of Maryland. Shortly after, I received an offer from MBNA for a pre-approved credit card. I used the pre-addressed, postage paid envelope to send him a note that was pretty uncomplimentary.

I never heard back from him, or them, or anyone.

Legend
Legend
I wrote to the Browns when Art Modell announced that he was moving the team.I expressed my opinion. Never heard a word back from him. Not that I expected too.

I also wrote to the governor of each state that had an NFL team, including Maryland. Congressmen, the President, the VP, Media outlets in each NFL city, the NFL, Each team owner and GM.

In all, I think I sent out something in the area of 900 letters. I didn't get any response.

I also called WBAL radio in Baltimore the evening that Art Modell was being interviewed live on air. It was a call in show. They wouldn't let anyone from Cleveland or Ohio get on the phone with him. Geez, I wonder why?

To date, I've not received a response on any of that.

As for writing to a GM because I don't like what he's doing, no, not done that. Don't expect I will. Who the hell am I to tell him how to do his job. I can have an opinion, but I recognize that my opinion isn't nearly as informed as his.

My head isn't large enough to think I know more than Farmer. Neither is my ego.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
I actually did get responses from the FO legal branch when I was going to paint my car at the time. First was summer of 1983 when I was using a special stain galss proceedure on rear window doing a WMMS buzzard and Browns Elf,had call returned by Jim Bailey who was very negative and placing limitations on what I could/could not do. Second time was early fall of 2003 regarding full paint job in Browns colors use of logos,George Martin called and much more appreciative and supportive of want I was to do with no limitations. Daman you probably saw the buzzard on window and other Browns symbols on car when I was working and residing in Aurora.

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
A
Legend
Legend
A
I had a pickup a while back........took the bed off, installed a wood bed, stained brown. Painted the rest identical to a Browns helmet, had bro in law weld up a brush guard resembling a face mask.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Is this a real thread?

F
Frenchy Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
F
Yes it is, I was thinking about writing my thoughts in a letter to Farmer! Was just wandering if anyone else had done it and if they had gotten a response.

If you don't like it, you don't have to read it or comment on it, sorry to waste your time!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Just curious with all of the experts on here, LOL, has anyone sat down wrote out all of their thoughts on our roster? Broke down each position, who to sign in FA, who to draft, who to trade, and trade for?

I was really bored at training at work Friday and I started and got got a rough draft done. I will have to go back and fill in some of the numbers and such.

If you have in the past sent such a thing did you get a response back?

Why write a letter. I will just ask him the next time I am over at his house for diner.

O wait I forgot about that restraining order. Never mind wink

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would LOVE to see the look on Farmers face as he read a letter from Versatile

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No, it would be an enormous waste of time for the general manager of a professional football team to read the scouting reports and advice of a random fan. It would never reach his desk in the first place. And, if it somehow miraculously did, he would laugh so hard as he read it.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Passionate Dawg
I actually did get responses from the FO legal branch when I was going to paint my car at the time. First was summer of 1983 when I was using a special stain galss proceedure on rear window doing a WMMS buzzard and Browns Elf,had call returned by Jim Bailey who was very negative and placing limitations on what I could/could not do. Second time was early fall of 2003 regarding full paint job in Browns colors use of logos,George Martin called and much more appreciative and supportive of want I was to do with no limitations. Daman you probably saw the buzzard on window and other Browns symbols on car when I was working and residing in Aurora.

Not sure if I saw that or not. May have.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
Me too. wink

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
This thread almost has the hallmarks of a THROW LONG thread.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: kingodawg

as dense as it appears Farmer is, he probably wouldn't understand it. Some people are just too stupid to insult.

Man he has become a major disappointment to me

Damn it Vers was right again,,, tsktsk brownie

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
N
Legend
Legend
N
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
This thread almost has the hallmarks of a THROW LONG thread.

outside the formatting, it is missing someone saying that they prefer to text our GM and coaching staff wink

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I'm guessing he'd tell us all to go root for Buffalo?

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Apparently, the current GM doesn't get letters. He only responds to texts on his phone. rofl

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: DIEHARD

I'm guessing he'd tell us all to go root for Buffalo?

wonder if he would include, don't come to me about extra tickets to a playoff game wink

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: anarchy2day
Apparently, the current GM doesn't get letters. He only responds to texts on his phone. rofl
He doesnt like text messages either. I tried it once and he just gave me tips on calling. notallthere

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Has anyone wrote a letter to our GM?

Link Copied to Clipboard