Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Legend
Legend
P
I was in Rehab for 6 days when the Lord came to me and Saved me, I haven't looked back I have been clean for approx. 14Yrs. and 1 month, if he gives his problem to the lord then I believe he will be better for it .... JMHO thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I was in Rehab for 6 days when the Lord came to me and Saved me, I haven't looked back I have been clean for approx. 14Yrs. and 1 month, if he gives his problem to the lord then I believe he will be better for it .... JMHO thumbsup

Marc...first, congratulations are in order.

second, are you saying you only had to be in rehab for 6 days?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
E
Legend
Legend
E
Sometimes its impossible to please all of you. Now its not enough?

All I know are the facts and not the in between the line stuff. All I know is he never failed a test nor has been arrested. I say that he is a Rich young man looking to clean up his life and start anew. I don't think there are any major addiction involved that needs to be kicked. I think it was very possible to be leading to that direction. I think he nipped it well into the bud and simply doing a reboot.

If you and many like wish to believe he's a full blown ADDICT complete with the cold sweats and the Heebie jeebies go right ahead.

Why don't we just go the full nine yards. Manziel is a HEROINE ADDICT. He needs to be in Rehab at least 3 months and then every week to a re-do for the next 3 years.

Of course not...well in my eyes why not if you are willing to think he is an addict and drug abuser whether alcohol or other drugs. There is no proof of that, might as well say heroine.

Any ways what I do know its a heck of lot better than Gordons one day rehab after the DUI.

I see this as a Redo/Reboot 3 weeks is a good start. Onto football.

Remember Manziel spent a day with Flip before Flip took the job. Possibly this was discussed who knows.

jmho you are entitled to yours. My opinion is not fact why I put jmho that isn't for show cause I want all to make sure that it is not fact just my opinion.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Thats right mac, but that was me, we are all different, I was on my last leg after 9 yrs. of prescription pain medicine abuse, I entered rehab of my own free will, I suffered two heart attacks, some go to rehab because they are court ordered or some go for family or their dr. sends them... We all must decide how we need to live, I hope Johnny went because he wants to get healed and live a different life like I did, but thats something we will see, soon superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
marc...there would be nothing better for John than an intervention from the Lord.

I guess it doesn't matter how long John's in rehab, what matters most is what kind of person he is when he walks out of rehab...someone clearly changed...or someone who just went through the motions.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Congrats to you as we have similar paths here and sobriety time length. Only difference The Lord took taste away from me before I had to enter rehab,in for 3 weeks of the 4 weeks mandated granted early release. Like to pm you if possible.

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
when he put himself in rehab is was stated for around 3 weeks

who said that?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
E
Legend
Legend
E
PB I tried looking around but couldn't find it so many articles.

I remember reading several articles that talked about it thought I remembered the words 3 weeks and 2-3 weeks bantered around on the articles. All around the same day why I said what I said. So I was thinking the last week in February he would come out.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: eotab

I remember reading several articles that talked about it thought I remembered the words 3 weeks and 2-3 weeks bantered around on the articles. All around the same day why I said what I said. So I was thinking the last week in February he would come out.

was just wondering. i read anywhere from a couple of week to missing training camp lol.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
It doesn't really matter how long someone is in rehab, unless we are talking something with severe withdrawal symptoms, or with their health in danger. I'm not saying a day, but plenty of people go thru outpatient, and get on the right track.

Rehab is only really the start. Imo, you find out whats wrong with you. It is certainly not the cure.

He will have the start of a support group, and some tools to work with, but the only thing that really matters is what he does when he gets out.

He needs to surround himself with the right people, find a higher power, and he'll have a chance.

Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
Legend
Legend

I read 2-3 months ...... not weeks.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
To me it seems very odd that someone, heck anyone, can say how long they'll be in rehab until they are assessed. I would think a health care professional would have to diagnose the seriousness and how you respond to treatment before any type of timeline could be developed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
You guys, I think I just figured something out. Manziel is at rehab, not rehab.

This all makes a lot more sense now.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Great. I just clicked on both of those. Now I'll be getting ads for sexy women AND the traditional rehab.

smile

E
Legend
Legend
E
i thought if you put your self in - you can take yourself out at any time. ???

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

sure can. ask josh lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you put your whole self in
You can take your whole self out
But then you have to shake it all about

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
C
Legend
Legend
C
I heard that Gordon's problem was that he only put his left foot in, but then took it out.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Sure you can. If you're going to ignore the professionals there to help you with your issues you can do pretty much what you want. Not that doing this will actually address the issues you went there for in the first place.

I guess that's the point.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Jester
If you put your whole self in
You can take your whole self out
But then you have to shake it all about

That's what it's all about.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
To me it seems very odd that someone, heck anyone, can say how long they'll be in rehab until they are assessed.

from what i saw on tv the 1st day the news broke, he was going in for 1-2 weeks and then would be evaluated.
being from the old school i remarked to my wife that that isn't enough time to get it out of your system.
but whether it's 2 weeks or 30 days as was my case, the pain has just begun.

tradition can only carry you so far, then you have to start winning again.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cleveland Browns sticking with plan By Pluto

Link Copied to Clipboard