Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MrKelso Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
This is my first crack at this years mock draft.

Overall I feel like we already have a pretty good core of young talent already on the roster. So I'm basing this mock draft off of what I feel to be our biggest positions of need AND how I think we'll attack free agency...

Free agent signings...

Brian Hartline WR/Miami Dolphins
Cecil Shorts III WR/Jacksonville Jaguars
Jerry Hughes DE/Buffalo Bills (Former ties to Mike Pettine)
Kyle Wilson CB/New York Jets (Former ties to Mike Pettine, this assuming we lose Skrine).
Pernell McPhee DE/DT/Baltimore Ravens
Niles Paul TE/Washington Redskins

2015 NFL Mock draft...

1st Round - Danny Shelton DT/Washington Huskies
1st Round - T.J. Clemmings OT/Pittsburgh Panthers
2nd Round - Bryce Petty QB/Baylor
3rd Round - Stefan Diggs WR/KR/Maryland (Fills a big need as a KR/PR and provides slot depth).
4th Round - Henry Anderson DT/Stanford (Has 3-4 experience, fills a depth need)
4th Round - Clive Walford TE/Miami
5th Round - Trey Flowers OLB/Arkansas (DE/OLB 3-4 style edge rusher)
6th Round - Jamil Douglas OG/C/Arizona State (Depth pick)
6th Round - Jaleston Fowler FB/Alabama
7th Round - Justin Manton K/UL Monroe

We have 10 picks, and we pickup a lot of depth and needs with a draft similar to this one. I think it's extremely important we upgrade our trench positions by taking a new starting DT and a new starting RT right from the get-go.

It might not be Bryce Petty, but I do think we'll be taking a 2nd or 3rd round quarterback to groom in case Manziel doesn't workout or look good in training camp.

Last edited by MrKelso; 03/03/15 11:21 AM.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Legend
Legend
I liked your first 3 FAs. Can Kyle Wilson play the slot? And isn't he the one that Rex said was better than Haden? tongue

I again, don't think Shelton will be there.

I alo don't think we need to spend a 1st on an OL. If they're the BPA, sure..

Petty in the 2nd seems high, based on where he's been going, but I like Petty, but would also say that if you're going to draft a QB that high, you better hope he can start right away...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Kyle Wilson is a bust...Jets had the worst Cbs in the league, they switched their starting safety (Antonio Allen) to CB to play with Darrin Walls vs playing CB Kyle Wilson...that shows it all...he got toasted left and right the past several years...Heck Terrence Newman is going on 40 and is a more serviceable CB than Wilson.

I however like your mock offseason...I liked Niles Paul out of Nebraska who was a fine blocker as a WR (Little esque) thick frame...however he is a pretty bad blocker at TE...But he is small for a TE, yet quick. played well last year finally getting a chance, he has some monsterous arms too.

I cant complain with the mock as well, However Clive Warford should be inserted in the 3rd round and flip Diggs to later roud 4...Weak TE class and I think Walford will be gone by late 2nd round...however its always within realm of possibilty he goes a roud later

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Flowers would be a steal too...reminds me of suped up version of Cliff Matthews...if he lasts that long, we would be stupid not to grab him.

The old school day 2 picks (rounds 4-7) are straight up nasty...And I cant complain about the the day 1 round picks as they fill a need...QBS go fast and are overdrafted...nothing will change that, as the QB picking in the NFL is slim. People say you cant draft a QB in round 2 and not expect him to start? Ok we drafed Manziel in round 1 and didnt expect him to start...Denver was smart and drafted Osweiler round 2 and he has sat ad learned from perhaps the greatest QB...if Petty is drafted I'm sure the plan is to let him learn his first year anyways, he still fills a need.

Last edited by tru_dawgs; 03/03/15 07:07 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Great mock MrKelso! Love your free agent signings and the draft picks!

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 The MrKelso Mock Draft - 2015 Version 1.0

Link Copied to Clipboard