Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
Well, do we need another veteran RB??

Probably get more production out of him than we did Ben Tate.

His salary seems to be $13 mil, but we seem to have some space. Or don't we need to spend 90% of allowable salary limit yet?? (Oddly, article says Dallas is interested, but only has less than $2 mil in cap space!)

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/3/24/8283649/minnesota-vikings-adrian-peterson-dallas-cowboys

FWIW smile

Last edited by 1JohnnyG; 03/25/15 12:34 AM.
C
Legend
Legend
C
I would be interested in Peterson, but it sounds like the Vikings won't cut him. That means he would only be acquired via trade. I have no clue what sort of compensation the Vikings should receive for Peterson. I also have no clue how much I'd be willing to give up.

We are in no danger of not reaching the cap floor. Even if we don't reach it, which we will, there is no real penalty anyway.

Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

We are in no danger of not reaching the cap floor. Even if we don't reach it, which we will, there is no real penalty anyway.

The whole cap floor thing is beyond my comprehension. I know the players like it, cause it makes teams need to spend more, but I don't even know what the penalties are supposed to be. Thanks. smile

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
There is no real penalty. If a team does not reach the SPENDING floor. The NFL divides the difference between the players on the roster. The money will be spent, one way or another.

http://603brown.com/2015/02/24/browns-are-fine-for-the-89-cap-floor/

The article explains the spending cap.. 89 % total over 4 seasons, and includes the CBA so you can check everything out for yourself.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
j/c

listening to the radio last night John Clayton speculated it would take a first round pick and a second round pick to acquire Peterson.

I thought that was WAY over the top.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
j/c

listening to the radio last night John Clayton speculated it would take a first round pick and a second round pick to acquire Peterson.

yup, too much in my opinion.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don't think we need an RB, that's at the bottom of the list for us just in my own personal opinion, but sure the thought of having Peterson is intriguing. I highly doubt he's interested in Cleveland, and I'm not willing to send them more than maybe a 3rd & 6th round draft pick for him. He's going into his 8th or 9th season, right? That's a lot for an RB.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He runs upright and is fragile I dont want him wink

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Sounds awfully high to me with a one plus just about anything. Better than we saw in Tate. Maybe team has a point to make; maybe AP has a message to send or is trying to leverage them.

Pretty interesting if he would play here.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
He's a very productive back. No question about that but to pay that kinda money plus a 1st round pick, I don't think I'd do that.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Legend
Legend
D
First round and a second, I'll pass even with the great deal of respect I have for him as a nfl running back. More than happy to go into the season with Crow and West, which will not require such high draft picks or anything.

This will be a situation I'll be keeping an eye on. Peterson is, perhaps was, one of my favorite players to watch. One of, if not thee, best backs the league has seen.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
j/c

I don't think any running back is worth that much, let alone a 30 year old running back who is possibly a PR nightmare.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think the Cowboys took themselves off the market when they signed Hardy ... that created such a firestorm... can you imagine if they traded for Peterson too?

Talk about a PR nightmare.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
C
Legend
Legend
C
AND they have no cap room.

My bet is the Cardinals.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I'd rather have Joe Thomas and Marshawn Lynch later... laugh

Body probably rejuvenated from the year off. Maybe a blessing in disguise for him.

1st n 2nd round pick...not going to happen here or anywhere. What team is a RB away from a Championship? Just doesn't happen now a days. Rookie RBs are the way to go and now a days you don't have to take em early. Too much investment no guarantee he would stay here. 13 mil at RB is not a wise move.

jmho

Last edited by eotab; 03/25/15 02:05 PM.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
I predict Jacksonville..

They've given Bortles a few nice weapons, Lee last year, Thomas this year..

The Gerhart signing was a bust.. So maybe they should try the other Minnesota RB..

If that price is firm, then they could give them their 2nd this year, plus more next year.. Not ganna give up a top 5 pick..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
Yours is probably the prevailing attitude. I could see him here if the price was reasonable. This is too much for too little left I suspect. And I wanna see our stable tear it up this year if they can.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He was there for us to take in the draft back in the day. We chose Thomas right?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
He was there for us to take in the draft back in the day. We chose Thomas right?

Yes sir... and Oakland got JaMarcus Russell rofl

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

Yes sir... and Oakland got JaMarcus Russell rofl

nanner

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Both will be Hall of Famers? All Day would have been one for sure. Not sure if his sins will ever be forgiven. Thomas for sure!

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Made of glass, likes to beat children, and is a little bit of a primadonna; I'll pass on him. Mangini's philosophy of high character guys has reared its ugly head these past few seasons. Yes, I'll conveniently ignore the age of the players he aimed for tongue

C
Legend
Legend
C
Made of glass? Prima donna? I would never use either of those phrases to describe Peterson.

Out 112 possible games (I am not including 2014 because of the "suspension") Peterson has played in 103. As a running back. That is very, very good.

Legend
Legend
I dont think we need to make a switch at RB. We would take a real beating in the press if we traded a 1st round pick for him. AP is still a long ball hitter but somebody in the front office should be whipped if we trade for him.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Running back is the only position where the player's age might give me pause, because they take such a beating. Peterson has the type of elite talent at RB to turn a contender into a Super Bowl contender. The only question is whether he returns from a long hiatus with fresh legs or dead legs? Any team thinking of getting him has to ask and answer the question "Are we close?". For the Browns, I don't see how that answer could be yes. Too many questions at WR (yes, even with Hartline and Bowe), TE, and most of all, QB.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not sure we need a veteran RB, but there is nothing wrong with looking at them and pursuing if its the right price for the right guy.

I would be hard pressed to give up a 2nd for a vet RB, let alone a first and a second. So, in this case, talented or not, I pass. We definitely do not need a RB that badly.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I'm not willing to pay the sticker price of a new car for and a nine year old used car.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

I'm not willing to pay the sticker price of a new car for and a nine year old used car.

What if you can get a 9-year-old Lamborghini for a brand new Chevy Aveo price?? cool

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 1JohnnyG
j/c

What if you can get a 9-year-old Lamborghini for a brand new Chevy Aveo price?? cool

Unfortunately, the rumored price for Peterson is far from a Chevy Aveo. We would be getting a 9-year-old Lamborghini for the price of a new Lamborghini

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 1JohnnyG
j/c

It is still going to break down and do you have any idea how expensive parts and labor are on a Lamborghini tsktsk

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Adrian Peterson wants out of Minnesota

Link Copied to Clipboard