Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
pblack18707 #942517 03/31/15 08:55 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg
Quote:
so it your contention then that Farmer was texting exact players and plays he wanted run... so he would text Shanny "put in Austin and run Double pop slant 86 right curl slant left red 127 Zulu orange"?

So he knew the game plan and the entire play book?

Did he also take care of the defensive side of the ball?

well again i ask you. what do you think he was texting? what concerns was he expressing when he was going over the after game review with the whole coaching staff that they had to answer his questions?

and i did read it was the DC he was harassing on game day also.

wow.

Texting plays and personnel packages for both offense and defense.

fascinating how you can not answer a simple question. or is that your answer?

Well I have no proof of what he was texting.. your the one who said he was calling plays, asking for certain players and badgering the coaches...so you must know,, I was just confirming what you were saying

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Ballpeen #942518 03/31/15 08:56 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
How do you know that he didn't deal w/it? Got proof?

And why the hell should Farmer talk to Shanny about play calling? What experience does he have in regards to offensive play calling?

Freaking zero!

You guys can rewrite history all you like, but any coach worth his salt would have left.........that is......if had big enough stones to do so....rather than taking it up the butt like the rest of the coaching staff.

Take a look at our hires. LOL...........two never-was guys who are wet behind the ears. They should be perfectly able to say: "Yessah, Massah" every time Farmer or Haslam issue a command.

I think your opinion is full of crap. Shanny was the ONLY one w/balls.

Versatile Dog #942530 03/31/15 09:49 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Vers,

You are the only one who cares about Shanny anymore...and Banner...and anyone else who is NO LONGER WITH THE TEAM.

Let it go...please.

Tell us about the players we have and the players we need. Critique guys like Phil Taylor so others see the RELEVANT things that you see...not the things that simply no longer matter.

WSU Willie #942532 03/31/15 10:12 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm the only one? LOL

I don't talk about Shanny until other guys rip him by saying stupid crap that he was a "rat" or that he has a "yeast infection," etc.

So, until those guys stop..........I will continue to defend him.

Btw-------I really don't give a damn what most of you guys think.

pblack18707 #942617 04/01/15 08:38 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Quote:
I hope that Farmer learned his lesson and doesn't do that again.

well he will not text like that again if thats what you mean. like farmer said. there are other formats where he can keep badgering the coaching staff instead of text.

Wait, he's the GM. It's his job to get things on the same page working in the same direction. If that means talking to all the coaches, then so be it.

well wait a minute. thats what he was doing on game day with the texts right?

Yes and his timing was way off, but that he did something to communicate with the Coaching staff is part of his job. Dang fool did it incorrectly.

so your good with him badgering the coaching staff over playcalling and which players should play?

That's your wording. Badgering isn't what I see. I see him questioning it as he should

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Versatile Dog #942627 04/01/15 08:55 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Sorry Shanny was not a good addition to this team. We know we stand on different ground on him. I think a blessing he left. You think the opposite.

But what is confusing is that you state.

Take a look at our hires. LOL...........two never-was guys who are wet behind the ears. They should be perfectly able to say: "Yessah, Massah" every time Farmer or Haslam issue a command.

Confusing is the total lack of recognition that Pettine is the BMIC... this is his team. Now if Haslam pulls a Modell and doesn't like the fact he hired a HC with "Balls" and leadership. It would be a sad day.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #942647 04/01/15 09:41 AM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: eotab
Sorry Shanny was not a good addition to this team.

Totally disagree. He may have not been a long term solution, or a great play caller, but him installing the ZBS and the Browns continuing to run the scheme is a long term benefit that will allow the Browns to hang their hat on something for a long time. And it just so happens to coincide with a philosophy from Pettine that will allow the ZBS to be crucial to our success.

Shanny was a valuable hire on that basis alone.

you had a good run Hank.
Thebigbaddawg #942661 04/01/15 10:23 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg

Totally disagree. He may have not been a long term solution, or a great play caller, but him installing the ZBS and the Browns continuing to run the scheme is a long term benefit that will allow the Browns to hang their hat on something for a long time. And it just so happens to coincide with a philosophy from Pettine that will allow the ZBS to be crucial to our success.

Came here expecting to comment on txt gate ... however, on the subject of Shanny, I liken it to having a stud malcontent on your team like Terrell Owens. Although to be honest I don't think Shanny has THAT much talent.... its real simple: Liked what he did early in the season when everyone was healthy. When the some key parts of the team went out - the play calling didn't seem to reflect the changes and we struggled mightily. Maybe it was because Hoyer went south? Maybe it was because defenses caught on? Maybe it was a lack of flexibility to adapt circumstances ... no-one actually knows all we have is speculations and opinion. BUT after the season it was tremendously apparent from multipole comments by Pettine - Shanny was a rotten apple and not on board pulling in the same direction as the rest of the FO. We are better off with out him and Pettine said enough things for me to feel 100% that Pettine is glad Shanny has gone. . . . . the only question is why is this still a topic??

As for Txt Gate ... I think the NFL got it spot on. No draft picks lost. Significant fine. And Farmer has to take his lumps. Just like the Shanny issue - no-one KNOWS what happened, what was txt, whether it came from Haslam or not. . . bottom line it doesn't matter. Ordeal is done. The only thing that counts is whether Farmer (and maybe Haslam?) learns the lesson. From interviews at the combine from Pettine and Farmer - I'd say "Yes" ... JMO.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
slick #943450 04/03/15 05:56 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Disappointed in Farmer, he's the boss, one of main leader, breaking the rules sends TERRIBLE message to players, who he holds accountable...he stepped up and admitted mistake....should have NEVER happened, but didn't hurt team much.....except when players throw it in his face.....hope we get beyond it.....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
cfrs15 #943560 04/03/15 11:29 PM
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Who is Banner?

I think he's the one in the Avengers who turns into a Giant Green Rage Monster and wipes the floor with Thor's brother, Loogie.

Thebigbaddawg #944100 04/06/15 12:48 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg

True but the Oline didn't have the tools to carry it off last year. And if they don't add some talent up front in the trenches and add a lead blocker or two, they'll find the ZBS won't help.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Thebigbaddawg #944108 04/06/15 01:09 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
I can buy that bigbaddawg...he was not useless and didn't go away leaving us empty handed as I have stated...I thought his x's n o's were excellent. And yes, we stated we would like to continue with the OZBS installed last year.

OL coaches did not change.

As for the complaints about the OL...well Mack is back which helps a lot...but the OL is 5 when teams were cramming 8,9 in the box 5 need some help to have it happen. I'm all for upgrades including the OL. But we need a QB who will make teams regret playing the run...until then they will try to sufficate us.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Text gate

Link Copied to Clipboard